Chapter 76: Because I am Batman
199 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

At this moment, Catwoman, who was hanging on the wall, had a flash of surprise in her eyes. She had planned to leave after deceiving Jackie Chan, but then she saw a person flying down from the sky and landing next to Jackie. Curious about a human who could fly, she had not expected that Robert would discover her...

This must be what they mean by 'curiosity killed the cat'! "Silent, are you?" Seeing no movement on the wall, Robert waved his hand and shot out a blast of air, knocking Catwoman off the wall and causing her to fall clumsily to the ground.

Even so, Catwoman did not reveal herself from her invisible state but instead scrambled up from the ground and ran wildly to the side.

In the face of Robert's unfathomable strength and having her invisibility seen through, Catwoman had no intention of fighting back, choosing decisively to flee.

After all, as a world-class thief, her biggest taboo was to knowingly commit an act of futility! "Found her already? How did he do that? Uncle Jackie, he's much more powerful than you!" Xiaoyu exclaimed, her eyes wide as she murmured in the direction of Robert.

"Nonsense, if he weren't strong, why would I call him for backup?" Jackie shrugged, a trace of worry in his eyes, "But I hope it doesn't result in a fatality. If that female thief willingly hands over the talisman, there won't be any trouble, but if she delays, there could be danger!"

Images of many HYDRA agents' mangled corpses appeared before Jackie's eyes. So many people, not one survived an encounter with Robert, although one did commit suicide.

But after all, those were the notorious HYDRA agents, and Jackie wouldn't be too affected by their deaths. However, he didn't see Catwoman as a major criminal, including the young woman Snake, or else he wouldn't have given his night suit to Snake.

As for the two female thieves' act of stealing, Jackie himself had stolen talismans from museums, so he naturally had no right to condemn them.

"Ah? That vicious?" Xiaoyu muttered in surprise upon hearing this.

"Boom!" Just as Xiaoyu and Jackie were murmuring, an explosion sounded, followed by a cloud of smoke spreading out, covering the area around Robert.

"Come this way!" A deep, raspy voice rang out.

Catwoman, who was fleeing, instantly recognized the voice and decisively headed in its direction.

Unfortunately, in the smoke, Robert did not lose his sense of direction. In a flash, he appeared beside Catwoman and reached for her.

"Bang!" At that moment, a gunshot rang out. Robert, sensing danger, frowned and dodged the unidentified bullet. After experiencing HYDRA soldiers' energy weapons, he did not want to recklessly face unknown weapons, especially when he couldn't see them.

"Zzz!" An electric net fell to the ground but failed to trap Robert.

"Go!" Robert dodged and released a powerful air blast, dispersing the surrounding smoke.

"Swish!"

"Swish!"

"Swish!"

As the smoke cleared, three batarangs were shot at Robert, who easily dodged them.

"Invisible together?" However, as Robert dodged the batarangs, Batman's figure also suddenly disappeared. Robert keenly sensed two forms of energy moving away together.

"Boom!" Robert shook his head and released two tracking missiles, locking onto the energies of Batman and Catwoman.

"Hmm?" Batman, in his invisible state with Catwoman, narrowed his eyes. He didn't know how Robert had launched the energy attack. Trying to dodge with Catwoman, he sharply realized the missiles were tracking their positions.

"Swish!"

"Boom!"

Batman decisively threw and detonated a bomb, using the explosion to scatter the tracking missiles. The close-range explosion's impact protected Catwoman behind him, and then he stumbled out, emerging from his invisible state.

"Hmm?" Robert, seeing Batman's outfit, paused for a moment, especially noticing the bat emblem on his chest and the batarang on the ground. Robert hesitated and muttered, "Is this... Batman? So weak?"

If Bruce hadn't worn the bat costume, even if he stood in front of Robert and gave his full name, Robert might not recognize him. But the bat costume and emblem reminded Robert of such a character.

Just like if Clark wore his Superman costume with the 'S' emblem and red underwear, Robert would definitely recognize the famous Superman! However, at this moment, Robert doubted whether he was mistaken, as Batman's energy didn't seem too strong, not even surpassing Jackie and Catwoman by much. Moreover, Robert didn't know what Batman's superpower was...

"You…" Batman heard Robert's muttering. Initially, he thought Robert recognized him, but after hearing Robert's latter comment, Batman's face darkened under his mask, and he silently noted Robert's words in his mental notebook.

"Are you really Batman?" Robert, unaware of Batman's thoughts, looked at Batman skeptically and asked, "Then what's your superpower?"

"I don't have superpowers; I don't need them..." Batman paused for a moment, his deep, raspy voice resounding, "Because I am Batman!"

Robert: ??? Another person who doesn't understand cause and effect and talks nonsense? "Alright, Batman, tell your companion to stop hiding and hand over the talisman... Hmm?" Robert returned to his senses, about to say something to Batman when he suddenly stopped, his expression alert as he looked around.

"Hmm?!" Batman also reacted almost as quickly as Robert, sensing a dark presence approaching, his hand already on his belt.

"Swish!"

"Swish!"

"Swish!"

Soon, several shadow ninjas emerged from the ground, charging towards Robert and Batman in waves.

"Who are these people?" Xiaoyu exclaimed upon seeing the shadow ninjas.

"I don't know, but I'm going to help, Xiaoyu, stay here and don't run around..." Jackie said seriously, instructing Xiaoyu, "This isn't child's play; it's life-threatening, you know?"

"Don't worry, Uncle Jackie, I won't be a burden!" Xiaoyu nodded earnestly.

"The Grandmaster appears?" On the other side, Robert's eyes brightened upon seeing the shadow ninjas. Qi waves were released from his hands, and with each move, he struck the shadow ninjas, each hit enough to turn them into black mist and vanish.

Batman, facing these shadow ninjas, had a slightly darkened expression under his mask because their moves and weapons were too similar to his own! Batarangs, smoke bombs, grenades, grappling hooks… Batman felt he could perfectly blend in by just changing into a shadow ninja's outfit!
 
 

 

8