Chapter 4 Talk With Mother
15 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was quite a hot day outside the class, while the students paid their attention to the teacher in front of them. Just this morning, they finished the blessing process. As something foreign to them, many students didn't understand the situation.

Teacher Isabel had been stood up for almost two hours. She explained to the students so they could understand the game-like-display inside their heads.

Nick seated in the corner of the class. He heard the teacher's explanation while observed and compared it with his system.

Personal Information
Name Nicholas Huang Race Human
Gender Male Traits Converter
Age 6 Years Old   Qilin Bloodline (10%)  
Class Normal   Level 0  
Job -        
           
Life Points Life 87/87 13/hour    
Mana 123/123 23/hour    
Stamina 93/108 17/hour    
           
Physical Points -   Mind Points -  
Strength 2   Intelligence 3  
Agility 1   Control 4  
Vitality 2   Perception 8  
Endurance 3   Resilience 4  
Dexterity 2   Focus 5  
           
Free Points -        

Name, gender, age, and race were easy to understand. As for the traits, he was a bit suspicious. As he checked it, he had a Qilin bloodline, even if it was only ten percent. As far as he knew both his parents should be ordinary people. The bloodline power was a hereditary one, and the owner, individual or family, should have been famous ones. Roberts family, for example, they were famous because they had a Phoenix bloodline. Of course, they were not the main family, because it was impossible for the family that was as strong as them to be located in a small place like Springfield Town.

Ah, I'll just find out later!

As for the other one, Converter, he got the gist of it, literally. But still, he wanted its detail.

Converter

Points that you get from your skills will be collected to Physical and Mind Points.

You can distribute it to each attribute respectively as you desire.

 

Nick thought hard after looking at the explanations. So I don't need to increase all the attributes, just one for each type and I can choose which one from the available points, huh? I'll just try it later.

As for level, he needed his first soul emblem. You need to condense your soul emblem at level zero, ten, twenty, thirty, and so on to keep climbing. It was the accumulations of what you have learned, be it skills, essence, or whatever. It was quite mysterious, but one word it represented, preparation.

Class and job could be thought later. The class wouldn't change until level ten when you decided which class suited your path better. As for the job, it had the same meaning literally.

The rests were easy to understand. Even though he wasn't an addicted gamer, he had played it a couple of times in the past. So he pondered which one that could benefit him the most, especially in this 'early-games' period and the traits he possessed.

The school's first day finished in the afternoon, without him trying to socialize too much with his classmates. He only tried to remember a couple of necessary names, like the one that was selected as class's representative, the Big-Glasses Rud, and the one that was seated beside him, the noisy-dude Glenn. There was also the boy that kept pestering his big sister, the fatty Barn. There were several unimportant characters, but who cares.

After saying goodbye to his teacher, Nick arrived at the school's gate. He wanted to use the public bus to the store, he saw the silhouette of his mother.

"Mom, you're here? You didn't need to pick me up, I can use the bus you know?"

"It's only your first day. I'll promise only today, okay? Come, let's go back together!" Helena smiled, stretching her hand toward him. Nick pouted a bit, held it with his own.

On the bus, Nick told her about his day at school after he was questioned by his mother. It was till he asked his mother about his bloodline, as for his other traits, he kept it to himself.

"So what do you think, son?" Helena smiled at her bright son.

"Since I have this bloodline, it means either you or father has the same bloodline. Am I right?" Nick looked straight into her eyes.

"You are right. It's me that has the bloodline." Helena said, then continued hesitantly, "You don't want to ask why?"

He observed at her expression for a moment, "As the holder of bloodline power, our family should have some fame like the Roberts family. But looking at our situation, you should have some difficulty, right?"

"As expected of my son, yes, you are right," she stroked his hair lovingly.

"I won't ask about it if you are not ready to tell me, Mom. But I want to ask, did he know?"

Helena smiled tenderly at his son. He was thoughtful and caring, he worried about his dad rather than fulfilled his curiosity. She was proud to have this boy as her son, "Your dad knew it before we got married, you don't need to worry about him."

Nick nodded at her answer, suddenly he felt his body was pulled to a warm embrace of his mother.

"Mom, what are you doing! It's embarrassing!" Nick's face reddened in embarrassment. He struggled a bit but no avail.

"Mom couldn't help after seeing your handsome look! Ah, I don't know that my Nick could be shy too! I don't want to let you go!" Helena was happy looking at his son's face a bit flustered.

"I'll lose my face, mom! We are still on the bus, you know!" Nick was exasperated at his mom's antics.

"What face a kid like you have, you brat?" Helena playfully pinched his cheeks. After that she said in a low voice, "Thank you, I promise I'll tell you later when you are older. Just promise mom that you will not say to a single body that you have bloodline power. And don't use your essence power, okay?"

"I have essence power too?" Nick stopped his struggling, dumbfounded after hearing her words.

"Mmhm, Qilin bloodline has an innate ability. It was lightning essence, one of the most destructive and unstable elements. Promise mother, okay?" Helena looked straight at his son. She said that as if she was begging him.

Nick couldn't say anything more after his mother showed her pitiful look, well he was going to agree in the first place anyway.

Helena smiled brightly, continued her teasing toward her son. Nick could only struggle and hold his embarrassment as the bus rushed toward the next stop.


A week later

His school's days ran as usual. He gained many inspirations from the teacher and the books from the school's library. Since the emergence of the portal, humans could use the system in the environment filled with spirit energy. It had been years but the amount of spirit energy still lacking. Even the blessing process could be completed only with help from spirit crystal. So don't talk about how to leveling up to a higher level.

This was also a piece of good news since the lack of spirit energy, the strong would be restricted the moment they enter this world. That was also why this world called a safe world for humanity because no matter what happened on the other side, this place would always be their last home.

But for the talented and the ones that aspired to become heroes of the generations, then Chaotic Territories was their place.

Besides the little bit of information on the other sides, Nick found there were many other races besides humans. Well, just from his bloodline he knew that his ancestor should have dealt with some Qilin. Roberts Family should have some dealings with Phoenix.

As for attribute, he decided to increase his Endurance and Resilience at the start. He could only accumulate points from the skills he practiced. So it was more important to increase both attributes since they could help increase his skill's proficiency with higher intensity and repetitions. They were focused on increasing Stamina too.

Perception should be on his list too. This was his highest attribute. He had done a little study in the library, it was so hard to increase it at the start with skill points since the skill that raised the Perception attribute was exceptionally rare. He was lucky because, with his converter, he could raise it with any mind attribute skills.

There was also his essence and mastery. But since his mother asked him to not use it publicly, he decided to check it later. Well, it's more like he didn't know how to use the lightning essence. Even it was part of his bloodline, comprehension and correct training method was needed. His mother said she would teach him when he was old enough. So, that's that.

The questions left now were the skills. For physical attributes, he could come with several ideas in mind. Physical exercises such as running, push-up, sit-up, and etcetera could be a good start. There were also martial arts like karate, judo, and many others.

Well, there was one that popped up to his mind recently. He could ask his father to teach him forging. It was a good choice since blacksmith was quite a popular job in Chaotic Territories. Even the technology had advantages in higher efficiency and quality guarantee, the high tier blacksmith was not something could be substitute with a mere technology.

As for mind attributes, he was quite lost because of a lack of choice. He could only come up with meditation, but it still left a bad taste since he wasn't satisfied with only that. So he had to work out something.

He wanted to ask his mother since she seemed to have quite knowledgeable about this. It would be for the best if it could come with something like blacksmith since a person with many jobs had quite a good prospect in life.

1