Prologue
29 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Long ago, the world of Veridonia used to be one large continent. That was until the High King, the ruler of Veridonia, decided to rebel against the Gods.

He was tired of submitting to their requests, and decided to launch an all out assault against them. The High King known as Zarthrak breached the defences of the Sky Island that the Gods resided in and destroyed its core, sending it crashing down. This did not kill the Gods but only succeeded in angering them.

The supreme ruler of the Sky Island known as Agalon ordered the Gods to wreak havoc and seperate the continent into multiple Sky islands. Some would be vacant while others would be controlled by a God.

Zarthrak's conquest to deliver a crushing blow to the Gods began, with his army of soldiers attempting to defeat them.

To the surprise of the Gods, they formed pacts with creatures to gain access to abilities that surpassed ordinary magic. Agalon knew that if he did not deal with the King then things would not turn in his favour so he challenged him to duel. The winner would become the rightful ruler.

"I see that you've grown quite rebellious. To think that you'd show such disrespect" said Agalon.

"Rebellious? I'm just fighting for a world where everyone is equal" replied Zarthrak.

Agalon sat on the throne that was in the middle of the colosseum and began fanning himself. He felt that Zarthrak was not a threat. 

Zarthrak used his sound magic to begin throwing sonic booms at Agalon.

Agalon fanned the air with so much force that it overpowered the attack and sent Zarthrak flying back.

Zarthrak began moving at incredible supersonic speeds, combusting the air as he moved.

"This mortal must have forged a pact with some creature, otherwise he would not be confident to face me. From what I'm seeing now, his magic is nothing special. I should take him out before he uses techniques he gained from a pact" though Agalon.

Zarthrak attempted to punch Agalon, however, Agalon blocked the punch. The air combusted but it had no effect on Agalon. Zarthrak smiled as he said, "Have you ever heard of the Atomic dragon?".

Agalon's expression changed as Zarthrak split the atoms in the area causing a massive explosion. He carefully controlled the attack to ensure that the viewers at the colosseum wouldn't be harmed.

For the first time in years, Agalon had taken damage. The fact that it was a mortal that had harmed him caused Agalon to feel intense frustration.

"What's the matter? Can't handle a little explosion?" said Zarthrak.

"An imbecile like you wouldn't be able to comprehend my genius. Let me show the true difference in our power" replied Agalon.

Agalon created a gravitational field that encompassed the entire collesseum. He then applied so much gravitational force that everyone was being compressed against the ground. 

Zarthrak was attempting to attack but Agalon created another field around him that slowed down his movement. He then touched him, and accelerated his ageing.

"This move wouldn't affect an immortal. Too bad you'll grow old and die like all mortals do" said Agalon.

Grey hairs and wrinkles started to appear on Zarthrak but he smiled as the Massive Atomic dragon broke into the gravitational field and hit Agalon with its club-like tail. 

Agalon's technique was undone and he furiously punched the ground causing it to shake. 

"This was supposed to be a duel. Attacks from third parties shouldn't be allowed" said Agalon.

"You broke that rule first when you involved innocent people in your gravitational field" said an unknown voice.

Both Agalon and Zarthrak looked for the source of the reply and saw that it was the first elf Saraya on top of the Atomic dragon.

Agalon knew that this was bad as Saraya had the divine bow of destruction. Arrows shot from it can stop God's from using their techniques and no techniques can stop the arrows.

He began unleashing orbs that destroy everything in their path. Zarthrak an Saraya dodged it as the Atomic dragon unleashed it's Atomic breath to stop the attack.

Saraya fired her arrows but Agalon easily dodged it. That's when he noticed that the arrows still targeted him. He used his technique to encompass everyone in a gravitational field that aged them but it had no effect on the arrows and Saraya as elves are immortal as well.

An arrow pierced Agalon's chest and his technique was undone. Unfortunately Zarthrak was heavily aged. Agalon knew that with his techniques now undone he was in trouble.

Saraya punched Agalon but he absorbed the impact and uppercutted her.

The Atomic Dragon tossed him into the air and unleashed an atomic bomb. The impact created strong winds that uprooted trees and destroyed the surrounding area.

It appeared that he was destroyed, however there was no evidence.

Zarthrak entrusted Saraya to lead the world into an era of peace where everyone is equal as in his old age he would be unable to fulfill his mission.

With the Gods dispersed everywhere and Veridonia in a state of unrest, Saraya has a lot of work to do.

3