Chapter 41-The Dark Serpent bares its fangs!
3 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Over the course of the week Saraya and Delena had been gathering information from the nearby areas. The most important thing that they had found was that even though Nazgur has five captains, he has no shortage of replacements as he has dominated the wills of many. They also found out that two captains were on their way to reclaim the region.

“I assume he just prefers to keep the number of captains to five to keep order in place. In reality, a massive amount of the warriors headed towards us have the potential to be captains. Fortunately, none of them should be as strong as Ashgarn so we should be able to handle them” said Saraya as she relayed all the information that she had gathered to everyone.

Their goal was to defeat the invading force but leave the two captains to Saraya and Ashgarn so that she can see into their soul and gather information about who Nazgur is. As the sun rose the next day, it was easy to see the invading army that was mere moments away from attacking. 

“We'll come out once the time is right . You tamed the Dark Serpent so it shouldn't be a problem mister Moxley” said one of the captains. His long white hair swayed in the wind but the malice in his eyes gave off a menacing aura. Moxley knew that he couldn't fail.

As the invading army tried to infiltrate the region, the people started firing arrows at them. They even gathered a small army to fend off the attackers. The region of Durhan vs the army of Nazgur had begun. 

That's when Moxley summoned the Dark Serpent. This massive serpent easily destroyed the walls of the ground region by thrashing its body into it. This allowed the army of Nazgur to enter and begin its attack. The people tried to battle against them but the army was too powerful. An enemy mage blasted the defence force back. 

The mage was going to blast them away again but that's when Raylon and Avawrath kicked him away. A plethora of giants emerged and began attacking them. Avawrath and Raylon blasted them back with fire. Avawrath then raised the ground to send them flying into the air. Raylon then focused energy into his legs to land a series of kicks that devastated the giants.

That's when the Dark Serpent whacked Raylon through multiple towers. Avawrath blasted it with fire but it only succeeded in angering it. The Dark Serpent then attempted to bite him but he managed to move out of the way. He noticed that its fangs radiated with dark energy. The Dark Serpent knocked him back with its head. 

Avawrath bounced off the debris to gain speed and then he tried to hit it with a spinning kick. The Dark Serpent coiled itself up and this activated a defensive barrier that protected itself from his attack. It then suddenly sprung up viciously and was about to bite Avawrath. Luckily Raylon combined the affinity of electricity with himself to increase his speed to move fast enough to save Avawrath.

As their battle got more intense, Taya and Delena began attacking the invading army. Taya wielded a sword to cut the heads off the attacking ghûls. That's when she almost got slashed by the ghûl master's sword. Taya rolled away and blasted him with fire to create distance. They then exchanged a series of blows with their swords. 

That's when Delena teleported Taya behind the ghûl master. Taya then drove her sword through his chest. He tried to hit her with the back of his head but she pulled the sword out while kicking him forward. He then began swinging wildly. This allowed her to cut his arms off. As he fell to his knees she cut off his head.

A vast assortment of warriors were in the invading army. It was nearly impossible to prepare for them as they were so diverse. Instead of taking them head on, Delena simply teleported them high into the air and let gravity take care of the rest. Most of the people in the area died from fall damage but a small group of them survived.

She tried to teleport them into the air again but they moved away from the teleportation zone. The area that contains what Delena wants to teleport is marked with a purple symbol. She calls it a teleportation zone. It's an incredibly powerful technique however, if you move out of the teleportation zone before the teleportation takes effect you will be unaffected.

Three of the warriors moved fast enough to avoid multiple teleportation zones. They then closed the distance between them and punched Delena. One tried to stab her with a dagger but she redirected the stab into the other warrior. She then slammed their heads into each other and pushed them away.

The other warrior tried to crush her with a boulder but she kicked his leg to break his balance and then she uppercutted him away. Thereafter she grabbed his arm and threw him into the other two warriors. She then teleported the boulder onto the warriors, crushing them.

“You really are impressive, Delena” said Taya.

“I’m just doing my best. I'm not as good at combat as you so I'll focus more on support. I'll have your back so you go for it” replied Delena. Taya nodded in response.

“You two are certainly impressive but you're outnumbered. Let's see how long you can survive” said a man that was clad in shadow armour.

Amidst all the chaos, Saraya and Ashgarn headed towards the location of the captains. A large number of enemies were in the way so Saraya sent out a punch that had so much force behind it that it compressed the air and sent them flying back. A few of the stronger enemies remained standing on their feet.

That's when Ashgarn unleashed his incredible speed. He got into a running stance and then he sprinted forward with a burst of speed that destroyed the ground behind him. He hit all of the enemies so fast that they didn't even see what knocked them out. After that, an explosive substance almost hit him but he moved out of the way. It was a siege beast that had a catapult on it.

Siege beasts are massive beasts that are known to follow the will of the first person that tames it. They then swear undying loyalty to that person. Saraya punched the siege beast and the impact sent it flying back. The creature operating the catapult was about to fire at her but Ashgarn had pierced his chest with his hand before he could do anything.

Saraya then punched the siege beast's head into the ground. She then lifted it up and threw it into the other siege beast. Thereafter she sent out a massive blast of energy that destroyed both siege beasts. As the enemies that saw this began to run away, they continued running towards the captains while stopping to deal with large amounts of enemies.

While that continued, Raylon and Avawrath continued their fight against the Dark Serpent. Raylon began punching it rapidly but it just shook him off and whacked him away. Avawrath then tried to trap it in the ground by overwhelming it by placing layers of the ground on top of it. The Dark Serpent bit into the layers of the ground and the poison weakened it.

This allowed it to break free and headbutt Avawrath. It then swept across the area, knocking everything it made contact with back. The impact sent Raylon and Avawrath flying into the air. As it was about to coil up to prepare to launch a devastating strike, a group of the inhabitants began stabbing it with swords.

“This is our home! We need to give everything we have to defeat the invading army. We can do this!” yelled a lady leading the charge against the Dark Serpent.

That's when Moxley attempted to hit her with his firearm. She blocked using the hilt of her sword and then she pushed him back with a kick. He lunged at her to attack but she swivelled out of the way and slashed his back. She then drove her sword into his head. She thought that she had won but he still got up and punched her away! 

“I'm no ordinary warrior. I am a descendant of a dragon! My Dark Serpent will tear you to shreds before you can even think of killing me” said Moxley.

1