Chapter 48-A deadly ambush! All roads lead to Ithilin.
4 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"The continent of Ithilin has been conquered by some powerful being. He's able to dominate the wills of people so resistance is considered futile, however a group of rebels have formed and plan to take action 2 weeks from now in the capital region of Van Rooyen” said Okada.

“What does this have to do with the kingdom of Sadhala allowing you to traffic drugs?” asked Kael.

“The rebels are taking over the criminal underworld of Ithilin. Whether they like it or not, to defeat those that are above the table, you have to work under the table. They managed to offer the king of Sadhala a lucrative deal so he is allowing me to traffic drugs there” replied Okada.

“The king loves money a bit too much. It's no surprise that the kingdom of Sadhala has a reputation for being corrupt. I'll head to Ithilin’s capital region myself and see what's going on. You'll be taking a trip to jail” said Kael.

Kael knew that the king would most likely free Okada but he would rather deal with the king after he investigates the threat to Ithilin. Considering how dangerous it could be, Kael decides to ask Kodon for help. Kodon was on his way to the kingdom of Alzordia to speak with the royal family there but Kael intercepted him. After they began their discussion, Kodon informed Kael that Saraya was in Ithilin.

“I'll head to the central region and I'll rendezvous with Saraya if I manage to come across her,” said Kael.

“Take Jin and his party with you. This all began because of the princess of the princess of Alzordia. Those vampires better be grateful” replied Kodon.

Kael nodded in response and they headed to the kingdom of Alzordia together. Meanwhile, Saraya and Ashgarn arrived back in the region of Rohan. Earlier Delena had teleported Avawrath to the medical facility and when he awoke he notified them that Raylon was captured.

“This is bad news. We'll be going after the leader known as Nazgur anyway, so we will run into Raylon again. Ashgarn, I need you to go back to Veridonia and notify Kodon. If Ithilin and Veridonia weren't so far apart then Delena could have teleported you there. Since we can't, please hurry” said Saraya. Ashgarn didn't waste time responding and headed towards Veridonia.

“I managed to dominate the will of Naomi, who is a captain of Nazgur's army. Nazgur's base is located just beyond the central region. Instead of going through the central region, we'll take a shortcut through the region of Lidak. Be warned, it's full of monsters so always be on your guard” said Saraya.

“Wait, you said you dominated the will of Naomi. Is that even ethically right? Perhaps you shouldn't do that” said Taya. 

“There are no ethics in war. We'll rest here for 3 days and then head out. I'm sure everyone will be fully recovered by then” said Saraya.

“What about the army of Nazgur? Won't they send captains to attack us?” asked Delena.

“No. Nazgur knows that I can dominate the will of his warriors. He most likely will continue his plans like normal but once we're close enough to him, he'll send all of his captains at once. Considering some of the normal warriors could be considered captains, things will get quite dangerous” replied Saraya.

As everyone continued their preparations, Ashgarn headed towards Veridonia. Due to his incredible speed he had already arrived at the harbour and he took a boat that was powered by the most powerful runes available. The boat was heading towards Veridonia, but all of a sudden it stopped!

When Ashgarn checked the captain's room he saw that it was filled with dead bodies. With nobody steering the boat it just remained afloat on the sea. He also noticed that the area was covered in a barrier that blocked out the sunlight. That's when a shadow tendril almost hit him. Jin and Nyx were on the boat! 

“You're interfering in my plans. I can't have you notifying anyone in Veridonia about this. Unfortunately you have to die here” said Nyx.

“I don't know what you're up to, but this is no time for games. As deities we should be helping each other. I'll let you go this time but if you continue to hamper my progress then I'll have to fight back” said Ashgarn.

Nyx rolled her eyes and sent out a shadow blast that destroyed the boat. All three of them jumped onto a nearby island to continue their battle. Jin tried to punch Ashgarn but he used his speed to evade and kicked him through multiple palm trees. Jin grabbed the palm trees and threw it at Ashgarn but he easily punched them all in seconds.

Jin used this as a diversion to get in close to him. He tried to land a crescent kick to his head but Ashgarn was simply too fast. He moved behind Jin and slammed the side of his head into the ground. Jin tried to whack him with his shadow tendrils but Ashgarn moved out of the way and kicked Jin back.

Ashgarn was going to hit him with a lightning bolt but Nyz grabbed his arm and threw him away. Ashgarn landed on his feet and tried to hit her with a barrage of punches. She managed to block all of the punches and then she kicked the pressure point above his knee, causing him to wince in pain. Thereafter she hit him with a shadow blast that sent him flying across the island and into the water.

“Jin, I want you to fight him for as long as you can. This will be a good test of your strength” said Nyx.

“I see. I'll do my best to impress you” said Jin as he summoned his undead army. 

Ashgarn got back up and he charged at Nyx but this allowed Jin's undead warriors to surround him. The Goblin Overlord tried to hit him with its massive spear but Ashgarn easily caught it. He then sent out a wave of lightning that shocked and paralysed the undead warriors surrounding him. Jin tried to take advantage of this and hit him with a surprise attack but Ashgarn's speed was too much.

Ashgarn grabbed him by his neck and chokeslammed him into the ground. He then held on to his neck and dragged him across the island. Once blood began to pour from Jin he threw him into the air. He prepared to hit him with a lightning bolt but the army of undead goblins surrounded him and started to distract him.

Ashgarn quickly kicked them away but the undead orcs emerged out of nowhere and almost slashed him. He grabbed their weapons and threw them away. He then summoned a thundercloud that hit all of them lightning. The lightning should have killed them but they still got back up. This gave the Goblin Overlord an opportunity to send a spear flying at Ashgarn.

Ashgarn managed to catch it and he uppercutted the Goblin Overlord away. This was when Jin hit Ashgarn with a blood blast that moved him back. Jin's wounds had healed due to his vampiric healing.

“This looks like it's going to be a bit annoying. Let's see if you can stand against a deity” said Ashgarn. 

1