Prologue part 2
585 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

‘This is quite surprising ...’

I thought After reading the research files scattered on the table.

Right now, I'm in the research center management room. This place has been vacated since all the researchers began to flee from our group's attack. I have searched the whole room, and there is no information left.

Only a cupboard filled with books, and furniture that was quite luxurious adorned this place, but everything was a mess. They really move quickly when this attack occurs, packing all important files and leaving the rest.

"hah…." I sighed.

Lay down on this soft and comfortable chair. I'm quite tired of this attack, and only produce incomplete information. My clothes were black like a robe with a hoodie covering my entire body, covered in blood. Leaving only a clean red scarf that I wore covered part of my face and all I could see was a pair of my red eyes.

I put the sword covered in blood beside my feet, leaning it under the table. Let it without me cleaning, because my sword can absorb blood and strengthen it. A sword made especially for my army, consisting of a group of people who have high endurance and courage. Frontline troops of this organization.

This army will get stronger during the fight. The longer the fight, the stronger they are. However, the sacrifice they have to make to get that strength is the emotion of anger and ... blood sacrifice.

They will burn blood in their bodies, any blood lost will be converted into strength. Including when injured during the war, they will sacrifice themselves from the attack and counterattack after burning their blood into strength. And as long as they continue to make these blood sacrifices, they will erode their vitality. Including me.

Burning my own potential and life force is a strength that I found from my research results. Not many people know that each of us is exposed to radiation from originium minerals, so every blood cell in our body will crystallize and flow throughout the body. The higher the percentage of originium contained in the blood, the higher the potential for increasing our strength.

Originium minerals, in addition to being an industrial material, can also enhance our 'art'. Although dangerous if exposed to radiation exposure, if we can hold and absorb it, it will increase the strength of our art. This world, planet Terra, has magic, and we call it ‘art’. There are various kinds of art, and every person who has the potential to develop their 'art' will have different strengths.

People who have an 'art' or not but who have physical strength and can fight are called knights. Knights are divided into 8different classes.

First, Vanguard. The Knight position is a melee attack, has a high enough attack power and serves as the vanguard to withstand attacks (Vanguard is classified as a Guard Knight but with different priority tasks).

Second, Guard. Knight's melee attack position, has high attack power.

Third, Defender. Knight positions melee attacks, have a high survival and defense.

Fourth, Medic. Knight's position is a ranged attack, it has healing arts that can be used to heal other knights.

Fifth, Caster. Knight's position is a ranged attack, it has high art attack power.

Sixth, Sniper. Knight's position is a ranged attack, possessing high physical attack power.

Seventh, Supporter. Knight's position is a ranged attack, it has art support that can help other knights.

Eighth, Specialist. Versatile special Knight position, has a variety of attack power.

 

-

Tuk!

Tuk!

Tuk!

 

The sound of knocking from the wooden table caused by my fingers could be heard echoing in this silent room. Think about it. The battle is still going on out there, though not heard in this soundproof room.

The results of the research that I found from the remnants left behind, I can only conclude that, the mineral aluminum can be used as a catalyst for Oripathy medicine. High purity originium has a higher percentage of success as a catalyst, but the higher the purity of originium minerals, the more difficult it is to extract and the more dangerous the level of radiation. It's like a double-edged sword. We can make drugs to fight the disease, but we will also be exposed to the effects of radiation. How to handle it?

This only adds to the list of questions from my current research on medicine. Thinking harder will only waste the time available from the lack of information obtained. The information I got from this research site is not commensurate with all the sacrifices for an attack on the city. I must quickly withdraw my army from this city.

I stood up from my chair, collected all the files and put them in my sling bag. Take a sword and sheath it into the sheath that is attached to my back. Once again scan around the room to make sure nothing is missed.

I know, there must be something hidden in this research site and I can't find out exactly where. But it can't be helped, this is all I can find.

I just need to write a report based on the data I got and submit it to-

 

Ceklek!

 

The sound of the door opening. I immediately drew my sword, alert. Because I have given orders to my subordinates to guard the corridor, and I know they will be loyal to my orders, unless there is an emergency. But this door opened slowly, and not in a hurry. I can only assume that this is someone else, not my subordinate.

Staring at the gap in the door that slowly starts to open, I see a pair of animal ears? who peeked in secretly.

"Come out" I said slowly. My voice echoes in this soundproof room.

The pair of ears stood up in surprise, and slowly the figure came out of hiding behind the door.

In front of me stood an unknown demi-human race teenage girl, dressed in a clean white lab coat and carrying a sealed black suitcase.

"Who are you, miss?" I asked slowly.

He just looked at me straight. Emerald-colored eyes, silvery-white animal hair and ears.

‘Fox demi-human race women? Maybe not 'I thought.

"Are you the squad leader who attacked this research?" he asked in a flat voice.

Heh, the animal's instincts are sharp. He was able to find out that I was the leader of this assault squad. I know that the demi-human race has a sharper instinct than humans for assessing one's strength, but this girl is really sharp in her teenage years and she looks very calm about this situation.

"Yes, and what's your problem, miss?"

"Can you take me out of here?"

Okay. This makes no sense. I attacked this place, and you asked me to take you away from here alive ?. Are you a stupid, innocent girl or what? I'm speechless.

He tilted his head. Confused? But your expression remains flat miss. And, those emerald eyes dim like dead fish. What did he go through?

"Ah, sorry for my impoliteness, sir," he apologized and bowed gracefully like a princess.

"I know that every thing in the world needs to be rewarded. If you take me out of here, I will hand you the complete files about the research here, "he said, still in a flat voice while pointing at the briefcase he was carrying.

"are you kidding?!" I growled. Does he think he can fool me?

"I am not kidding. If you don't believe me, I can give it directly to you to check it, but you must promise me that you will get me out of here. If not ... umm ... "

Ah ok. This girl is smart, she dares to negotiate with me calmly then slowly she is confused? Intelligent? I began to doubt it, because the negotiating conditions favored me not him.

"... ummm ... Ah! I'll think about it later after you see it. First of all I will introduce myself first! ” he said starting with intonation a little high and a little excited?

"Introduce me, I'm a demi-human race and a research leader here, or can I say that I'm in a condition forced to be the main researcher here. My name is ... "

.

.

.

.

.

.

. "Kal’tsit".

 

3