CHAPTER 7: SPAR WITH THE LOKI FAMILIA
358 5 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Not really great at writing fight scenes so... Feel free to critic

 

After the debacle in the reception room, Ren and his group found themselves in the training grounds in the back of the manor. They were preparing to have a friendly match with the frontliners of the Loki Familia. It all happened right after Ais and her group entered the room

 

--------------

Flashback

--------------

 

“Ne, ne, onii-san, where did you come from? I am sure I haven’t seen a pretty boy like you here” questioned the short-haired girl named Tiona Hiryute

Ren was dumbfounded after being called a pretty boy. He knows that he has high charm, but being called pretty is never a compliment to a man. In the end, he shrugged it off and answered the girl,

“I came from the Far East, and before you ask if I came from a prominent family, no ,I did not”

“Hm… so onii-san, how did you meet or goddess?” asked Tiona

“Well, you know of Loki’s antics, right? I was travelling around the world and somehow ended up here, I met her by chance when I was about to enter the gates. She stared and me and just shouted ‘That face is a cheat!’ while pointing at me” said Ren while imitating Loki.

The members of the Familia just bobbed their heads, thinking that it is the usual Loki. Riveria on the other hand sighed at what Ren said. She never heard of anything like that, but if it was Loki, then it is completely believable.

Loki looked at her Familia, and then on Ren. She wondered if Ren has some ‘God of Trickery’ lineage, seeing how he easily fooled everyone. Ren just looked at her with a ‘you reap what you sow’ look.

“Oh! So, you travelled the world! Did you go alone? Or was there a group of you?” asked Tiona.

“Tiona, you…” her sister, Tiona Hiryute, was about to reprimand her.

“Well, at first, yes. But as I travelled more, I gained some companions on the way” said Ren while looking at Kisuke and the others

Everyone on the room, except for the chatgroup members, were easily fooled by Ren. The chatgroup, looking at Ren, was amazed on how he just created a perfect background for them.

“Then, onii-san, if you used to travel alone, it means that you can fight, right?” queried Tiona.

Finn, Riveria, and Tione knew where the conversation is going, and is about to step. But before they could, Ren answered her question.

“Well, yes. If not, then, I would’ve ended dead or something”

Tiona’s eyes sparkled at the response. As an Amazoness, she is obviously attracted to Ren who has the looks and the brawns, even if she did not see his strength yet. She unconsciously licked her lips and said to Ren

“Ne, onii-san, want to fight?”

The entire room was silent. Tione was facepalming, Finn has a wry smile, while Riveria was sighing. When the word fight was said. Ais perked her ears to the conversation. She was also curious about the group that attracted their rather, eccentric, goddess. Seeing this, Ren actually thought for a while. He wanted to test his and the groups’ strength. Because even though they gained powerful skills, they don’t have prior experience except for Kisuke, Hancock, and Voban. He looked at his gang and asked for their opinion

“I don’t mind” said Kisuke

“I as well,” said Hancock

“Finally, something interesting” uttered Voban

“U-uhm, I-I don’t mind watching. I also want to learn” said Kuroneko

Receiving their affirmation. Ren acquiesced with the amazoness’ request

--------------------

Flashback End

--------------------

Ren looked at Kisuke and the gang and asked a question

“So, who will go first?”

Kisuke stepped forward, shocking Ren, he didn’t really think that this miser will go as the vanguard. Kisuke looked at Finn, The Pallum, seeing this, smiled and went to the grounds in front of Kisuke. For the fight, Loki acted as the referee.

“Okay, now for the rules. No magic, No active skills. Battle is over when someone surrenders or is incapacitated. No fatal attacks are allowed, agreed?”

Both fighters nodded and went on their own stances.

Loki looked at them and gave the signal, “Fight!”

Finn moved first, dashing to Kisuke while brandishing his spear. He went for a test strike to judge his opponent’s strength. Kisuke raised his Benihime, on its cane sword form, and blocked Finn’s strike. Finn was surprised that Kisuke blocked his attack. Even though he’s not serious, he still put the strength of a normal level 5 on that attempt. Kisuke, then, rebounded Finn’s spear, making his balance broken. Finn tried to regained his balance but what greeted by Kisuke’s blade just a few centimeters on his neck. He did not see how it happened but he knew that he lost. Finn raised his hands in the air, indicating his forfeit.

Riveria and her colleagues were shocked. They never thought that their captain will lose, especially Tione. She was aware of Finn’s true strength. Even Loki was shocked. Even if it isn’t a serious match, Finn was a genuine Level 6. Ren, on the other hand, was half-expecting the result. He knows that even though Kisuke often acts as a joker, his strength is genuine. After the fight, Ais is now more eager to fight. She never saw get beaten up so easily. She was also curious about Kisuke’s fighting style. She felt that it looked like for fighting humans than monsters.

After the previous two retreated, it was time for a new bout. This time, Tiona stepped up with light steps. She then pointed at Ren and said,

“Onii-san, wanna dance?” she said with a feral grin plastered on her mouth.

Ren looked at the others, and then moved forward. He held a katana that was lent by one of the Loki Familia’s members. Of course, their weapons are dulled. But that doesn’t mean that it wouldn’t be painful. Ren is especially aware of these. It could even be said that fighting a woman is low on society’s standard. But, Ren, as a deep-rooted Otaku, is of course an advocate of true gender equality.

He held the katana with his two hands and felt it becoming an extension to his body. He then looked at Loki, saying that he was ready. Loki nodded at him and looked Tiona before giving the signal.

After the opening signal, Tiona dashed to Ren with the speed of level 4. Ren focused his mind, and as if the world became slower, he could see every movement of Tiona. He left everything on his instinct, he stepped forward. Tiona was even more elated seeing Ren this way, wielding her double blades, she slashed with great strength.

Ren saw everything in slow motion. He approached Tiona and was about to blocked her blow. As he was about to, he felt something was wrong. He felt that there is a better way to deal with Tiona’s strike. Unknowingly, instead of blocking it, he received it redirected the slash and, using its momentum, twisted his body. And on the next moment, before anyone could react, his blade is already at Tiona’s neck

19