Chapter 14: Mission Cleared and the Moon
407 6 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been a week since Ren and his group arrived in this world, and now, they are preparing to clear their Mission Card. As they've decided when they arrived in this world, Kuroneko will take the center stage in clearing the mission, while the others will either support Kuroneko or gather information about Orario, the dungeon, and the other major cities and factions as well.  Kisuke, Voban and Loki are on information gathering duties, while Hancock and Ren will support Kuroneko in the dungeon. 

Ren was doing the final checks on their supplies and equipment, in case that they would need it. Honestly, Ren thinks that Kuroneko will be able to clear the mission by herself quite easily. It is evident on her growth that most monster in the early floors of the dungeon doesn't pose any threats to Kuroneko. It isn't even an exaggeration to say that Kuroneko's current skills is overkill to the monster in floor 1 to 5 of the dungeon. So, Ren quickly finished his inspection and headed to Kuroneko for, well, inspection.

Ren went to Kuroneko's room and knocked on the door, and waited for a response. Inside, Kuroneko was changing in her battle gear. She heard a knock.

Kuroneko: Who is it? 

Ren: Ruri, are you done changing? Loki said to leave early so that she can update you status before we go home.

Kuroneko: A-ah, I just finished changing, Leader.

Ren: Good, I'll be waiting at the gates for you. Also, fetch Ais and the others, Loki said to bring them.

Kuroneko: O-Okay!

Later, Ren who was waiting was greeted by Kuroneko, together with Ais, Tione, and Lefiya. They were carrying a small pack in their hips that contains potion and such. They also sport bright smiles in their faces, even Ais who is known for being indifferent, and together, they went in to the dungeon. Just a few seconds in and they were already greeted by a bunch of goblins and kobolds. As per their plan, Kuroneko engaged the monster, which were dispatched quite quickly. They lingered around the first and second floor looking for monsters.

Kuroneko: The monster became more and more scarce here, maybe it's time to go to floor 3? We've also completed one of the sub-quests

Ren: I guess we'll go deeper now. We might as well finish all our quest so that we can rest earlier.

Due to the efficient and fast hunting speed of the group, Kuroneko quickly completed the goblin sub-quest.

//Mission Released//

//Quest: Dungeon Exploration//

//Goals//

Main:

Reach the 5th floor(3/5)

Sub:

Kill 500 goblin(500/500)

Kill 500 Kobold(460/500)

Kill 100 Dungeon Lizard(23/100)

Now, they only lack a few kobolds and the dungeon lizard that is mostly seen in floor 4 and 5. Most of the dungeon lizards they killed were strays or irregular spawns. So, Kuroneko and the team made their way down to floor 3. There, they swept the floor for any kobold and the likes, they even got a few lizards. Their hunting speed just got faster and faster, Lefiya also started to help Kuroneko as she noticed that Kuroneko is slowly getting tired.

Ren also made his move, mainly looking and baiting enemies. Ais and Tione were still not helping as Ren said that it wouldn't be a challenge if both of them join is. After a few hours, they completed the Kobold sub-quest. With only the Dungeon Lizard sub-quest remaining, the team was determined to finish everything today. They speedily conquered the fourth , finishing the remaining sub-quest, and made their way to the fifth floor. 

//Mission Complete!//

 

//Mission Completed//

//Quest: Dungeon Exploration//

//Goals//

Main:

Reach the 5th floor(5/5)

Sub:

Kill 500 goblin(243/500)

Kill 500 Kobold(240/500)

Kill 100 Dungeon Lizard(100/100)

Rewards:

Main Quest: 10,000 point for all participants

Sub-Quest: Random Gacha(Rarity is dependent to contribution to the mission)

//Claim Rewards?//

Yes/No  

Ren and Kuroneko were greeted by multiple notifications. They smiled and each other and regrouped with Ais and the other two.

Tiona: Ren-san, is it just me or are you a little bit happier than before?

Ren: O-oh? Is that what it looks like?

Lefiya: *Nods* Y-you smile a bit bigger 

Ais: *nod**nod*

Ren scratched his cheeks, which is faintly red. His habits as a gamer hasn't really disappeared. Especially when completing quest, which can only be done on games originally, in person is quite exhilarating. They then went home after a few minutes of break, ready to rest. A few moments later, they arrived at the Twilight Manor. The journey home isn't really easy for Ren, as he was glared by jealous men all around. Not only that, some even purposely bumped into him, which almost became a brawl as Tiona was able to notice it. If not for Ren hugging(restraining) Tiona, it would've become a full-blown fist fight. 

After going inside, Tiona accompanied Kuroneko to Loki to get her Falna updated. Ren, on the other hand, went to meet Kisuke and Voban for the information they gathered. Before they separated earlier, Ren asked Kisuke to gather information about the Kingdom of Rakia and the Elsos ruins. He mentioned that these two places will be the sources of outside interferences to Orario. But of course, Ren didn't mention about Artemis and her Familia, as he wasn't sure if the things from the movie already happened

Ren: Yo, Kisuke, Marquis, how was the investigation?

Kisuke: We were able to gather news about Rakia, leader. It seems that the kingdom is being embroiled to a faction war between the gods. There are also mentions of going plans to invade Orario. 

Marquis Voban: As for the ruins, there is nothing there except the stench of death. Also, I'm getting a similar feeling as a god slayer, but is a little different.

Ren digested the information that he got from the two. It seems that Antares isn't born yet, while Rakia seems to be the same as the description mentioned in the anime and the novels. At this point, Ren was deliberating if he should share both his Manga and novel memories of the world his members are from. Although events might change, it would still be a good reference for his allies. Ren decided to hold it off until the go back to their own world.  

After their talks, Ren and the boys joined the Loki Familia, which were partying much more than usual. They approached Loki and asked what is going on.

Loki: Ah! Leader, Kuroneko became LV2!

Ren: Eh? So quickly? 

Loki: Imagine my reaction! Such speed wasn't seen even once in the history of Orario. Even the heroes of legend didn't grown this quick!

Loki was both frustrated and happy. Although she was happier that her Familia is getting stronger, she lamented the fact that Kuroneko has to go back to her world. But, Loki being what she is, just buried her frustrations and continued to party. She even went as far and got a little touchy on her actions, which resulted in her getting thrown by the girls. 

Kuroneko on the other hand, was hanging out of the garden. She was enjoying the cold breeze alone, away from Loki. She was thinking of the adventures that she had today. Everything that is happening on her was just adream for her before. Going to the dungeon, becoming an angel, even falling in love, she did so many things that she thought was impossible. She remembered the promised date of Ren, and thought how she should face her feelings.

???: Ruri, what are you doing here alone?

Kuroneko: E-eh?

Kuroneko turned around and saw Ren in his casual wear. He was wearing a black shirt and pants, which blended well with his black here while emphasizing his Ruby red eyes. Kuroneko blushed as she realized she was staring too much at Ren. Ren sat beside Kuroneko, which made the girl tremble a bit. Ren was also feeling awkward, as he isn't really ignorant of Kuroneko's feelings. In fact, he as well have feeling for her, its just that, he isn't sure if its love or not.

Ren: So what were you doing here?

Kuroneko: W-well, I'm just not used to noisy places, I guess...

Ren: So we're the same...

Both: Uhm! You know!...

Both:...Pfft! Ahahahaha...

Ren: You go first Ruri

Kuroneko: *nods* T-then, leader about the date...

Ren: Ah, I was about ask about that as well.

Kuroneko: Eh? 

Ren: Well, can you leave the planning to me?

Kuroneko: S-sure, I don't mind

Ren: Thank you. I'll do my best to make it the best date ever

Ren smiled at Kuroneko, which made her blush. She turned around, refusing to look at Ren. They just stayed there, at that garden. Enjoying the light of the moon together

16