Arc 1 pt1: 1st Mission Start!
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After 2 hours have passed, with Lucia debating on whether or not she should destroy our lovely system, she is finally met with a screen with all the mission details.

____________________________________________________________________

Mission Details:

Client: Michelle Chang

Description: I wanted to have something I could not have and, in the end, lost everything—myself and my best friend. I thought losing everything for love and admiration was what I needed, but I realized it wasn't worth it if it was made through disgusting means. Please help me.

Mission Goals:

  1. Get back against those who wronged me
  2. Treat my best friend well
  3. Become a teacher

Mission Rewards:

  1. 10,000 Mission Points (it's like 10,000 USD!)
  2. A random selection of talents or magical items

____________________________________________________________________

"So this is your first mission!" the system said excitedly. "This mission has been sent by my boss and should help you learn how we handle these missions! You are also in good hands because I helped others before you with their missions too!" the system proudly exclaimed with a (⁀ᗢ⁀) look on their screen. "Even better, our client has left us a holographic message to cheer you on for your upcoming mission too!" the system says as they project a holographic image of a woman who looks like they cried their life out.

"Um, are you sure this woman is in the mood to cheer me on?" Lucia questions. "She looks like she went through a breakup, and frankly, I kind of don't appreciate that she was recorded when she was, you know, sad."

"Aww, don't worry, Lucia; she volunteered to record a message herself." the system interjected. "Just listen to her."

"Please help me! I regret everything that has happened, and I want to fix the mistakes I have made!" Michelle shrilly yelled. "I thought the friends I made were good and honest people, but instead they were the type of people to betray me. I gave my everything and helped those people when they needed me, and you know what they did to me? It ruined my reputation, destroyed my dreams, and made me lose my best friend!" Michelle cried. 

"Um, Misfortune System, can you tell me how old she is? This sounds like a little bit like something too young for me," Lucia asked.

"Well, I am glad you asked! She is in high school, and she is the embodiment of what a high schooler with too much drama and problems should be,"  the system happily interjected with beady eyes.

'Dang, and I thought my high school life was full of drama. Am I too old, or are times just changing', Lucia thought.

"Please help me get back against the people who wronged me, and if you do so, your lovely system will reward you with all the goods you can ever want,"  Michelle spoke before her hologram flickered away. 

'Did she just shamelessly promote the system or something, because I feel like a person crying for help would not normally add something like that', Lucia questioned.

"Well, Lucia, are you ready to partake in your first mission of all time? I can guarantee that this mission is going to be easy for you, and you won't regret it", the system proudly says with a ( ˘▽˘)っ face. Then the system's screen changes to display a message that says "Proceed with the mission?" and under it is one single button that says "Yes." This is the so-called lovely system's shameless, loveable, and nonnegotiable move that motivates mission takers to accept the mission with joy.

"You know, you are really shameless, right? Are all systems like you like this?" Lucia asks before she presses the "Yes" button.

"No, our systems are all different in our own unique way, Lucia,"  the system says with a ╰(▔∀▔)╯ look. "But I will just let you know that I am a very special system, so you should consider yourself lucky,"  the system gleefully says in triumph. "Oh, here comes our transportation,"  the system says in glee.

Gradually, a beam of light shines on Lucia and the system, and they slowly disappear into light particles.

0