Chapter 1
187 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Race: Mana Shroom
Level: 1/10
(0/100)
Name: N/A
Class: N/A
Affinity: Arcane, Energy
Description: A simple Mushroom filled with mana, useful for mana potions. Title: Awakened Being, Decomposer

In a forest filled with monsters, near a tree with wood as hard as iron, a small purple mushroom grows, gently glowing in the night. Suddenly however, a large beast came over, falling dead due to wounds it had been given, and in response, the mushroom uprooted itself from the soil and rooted itself in the corpse of the beast, slowly decomposing the flesh.

"Yum! Fresh Food!"

The mind of this little mushroom was still primitive, it was intelligent, but only to the degree of a child.

<You have absorbed the essence of a creature 50 levels above you, you have reached max level, forcefully evolving into the predetermined evolution tree. Evolving into Mana Shroom Spirit...>

"Sleepy..."

The little mushroom began to glow brighter, before shifting shape, growing to the size of a human, legs and arms forming, a defined head was shaped, and ong purple hair grew out from under her cap, she had a generous frame, and wore a simple spirit dress. Opening her eyes, they glowed with an intelligence unlike before, her mind fully mature and wise.

"What..?"

Feeling her herself, she was surprised when she touched the area in between her legs and felt a sense of pleasure, causing her to stop exploring her body for now. Standing on her wobbly legs, She looked around, her tight dress hugging her body.

"Should I move?"

Stumbling forwards, she eventually got used to the feeling of walking, and when she walked into the nearest clearing, she was greeted by a surprise. A woman with long pink hair standing in front of a dying cherry blossom tree. When the woman noticed her, she warmly smiled at the newborn spirit before her.

"Hello young one..."

"Hello?"

"I am the dryad Sakura, so don't worry, I'm not your enemy."

Cautiously, the mushroom walked out into the clearing, her purple cap no longer glowing due to the sun shining down on it.

"Little Spirit, I am dying, so I want to tell you something, from me to you. I have lived for centuries and only once seen another of your kind, her name was Auri, and she was a Mushroom spirit like you, she said that if I see another Mushroom spirit, to give her the name Kinoko."

"A name?"

<The Ancient Dryad Sakura has given you the name Kinoko.>

Kinoko looked at the old dryad, before tear began to well up in her eyes, as she hugged the dryad happy to have a name. The dryad suddenly let go of the crying girl, before stepping back and smiling warmly once more.

"Kinoko, My time is here, grow strong, and remember that I was the one to name you."

The last petal on the tree fell, as the dryad turned to light, the tree finally reaching the end of its lifespan. Kinoko, planted herself next to the dead tree, decomposing the wood, and absorbing the leftover essence from the dryad. She would grow to be the strongest, even if it took her centuries.

5