Back Home
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Finally released from her morning training, Lana can now take in the camp's surroundings once more.

The camp consists of three houses constructed from mud, wood, and straw, each serving as a residence for Lana, Dearan, and Kemuri. These houses encircle the campsite.

Adjacent to the cornfield stands Aunt Amara's brick house, the most prominent structure in the area. Lana trusts Aunt Amara's claim that she built it herself.

Beside Aunt Amara's house is a storage shack filled with hunted and harvested food. In the center of the camp lies a large square where the group gathers to cook and converse. Lana finds Aunt Amara particularly entertaining during these gatherings.

Kemuri and Dearan return from their expedition, with Kemuri animatedly recounting her encounters and Dearan attentively listening while supporting Kemuri's injured body.

Dearan, a tall, blonde man with a bowl-cut, insists he was coerced by Kemuri into carrying her, but Lana suspects he simply enjoys her company. Despite his imposing stature, Dearan is reserved and only speaks when prompted. He wears a white nurse uniform, indicating his dual role as the camp's cook and nurse.

Lana playfully attempts to hug Kemuri, prompting Dearan to catch her in a protective embrace while supporting Kemuri.

"K-Kemuri is too injured for hugs," 

"Nah. Come here, you little thing."

As they embrace tightly, blood from Kemuri's wound stains Lana's hands.

"Oh shoot. Maybe I overdid it just a little extra this time."

"You are always 'a bit' extra," the group chimes in Unison. The atmosphere grows tense as they realize Aunt Amara is present, though Lana remains unaware of the underlying tension.

"Good morning, M-Madam Hugo," Dearan greets Aunt Amara weakly.

Kemuri tends to her wounds, exchanges a glance with Aunt Amara, and averts her gaze.

"Hey Dede, mind patching me up at your place?"

Lana gets the cue and stops hugging her.

"Let's chitty chat later, okay?"

She nods and leaves them so Dearan can heal her. Lana turns around and sees that Amara is already gone. She sees the other cue.

Time to get to work.

0