Eat of be eaten
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The words floated in the air around Lana as her stomach twisted in response. Ariek noticed her familiar expressions and wondered why she reacted that way. It all started when the stranger arrived in this gloomy town, back when Ariek was younger. Bishop Samson appeared to be a decent man initially, albeit a bit pitiful, but he turned out to be controlling and deceitful once he gained power. Shaking his head at the memory, Ariek instructed Lana and Ruby to follow him to his home.

Ariek's house stood alone, nestled next to grass-covered hills. He mentioned that he enjoyed the solitude. Lana inquired about exploring, prompting Ariek to ask Ruby to keep an eye on her. Ruby agreed a bit too eagerly.

Despite Ruby's attempts to give Lana a tour, she was too captivated by every little detail in the house. Ruby had to constantly guide her away from the strange corners she wandered into.

"This place is amazing," she exclaims, perched on top of the jungle gym. Suddenly, she slips and almost falls, but manages to catch herself. Looking over at Ruby, who is typing away upside down, she asks, "What are you always typing?" Ruby just shrugs and continues typing. Annoyed by the lack of response, Lana moves closer to Ruby and rests her feet on the armrest.

Glancing at the glowing screen, Lana ask again, "What are you typing?" she asks Ruby. "It's none of your..." Lana starts but trails off.

A heavy silence fills the air.

"Hey, can we talk about something?" Ruby notices the pain in Lana's voice and understands what she wants to discuss. "Most people stay because, despite his heinous acts," she says, clearing her throat. "He's the one who transformed this wasteland into a thriving community."
Putting her laptop away fixes her hallow eyes on Lana. "We were starving, Lana. He can create food out of thin air. That's why..."

Lana embraces Ruby, feeling grateful for her companions, tears welling up in her eyes.
They sit in silence.

The moonlight casts its golden glow upon them. Ruby wakes up to find herself alone. Frantically looking around for Lana, she realizes her laptop is missing too. She rushes to Ariek's House. Meanwhile, Nel finally allows the now-bound Lana to speak.

"Who are you"

"You'll find out soon enough," he says with a smirk, leaving Lana puzzled.

Despite her attempts to scream, Nel quickly covers her mouth again. Lana gives up struggling as Nel forcefully carries her then drops her onto the floor. She looks around and lets out a shriek.

They are at the church.

Nel opens the door, shoves her through, and slams it shut with him outside. Lana's attention shifts from the door to what lies ahead. A long table filled with a variety of delicious dishes, all elegantly plated on silver trays. At the end of the table sits Bishop Samson, grinning at Lana with a mischievous smile.

"Come. We have much to discuss."

The ropes suddenly loosen, leaving her frozen in fear. She tries to take a step forward, but her feet feel as if they're glued to the floor. Bishop Samson notices her hesitation, gets up from his seat, and approaches her. Each step he takes echoes like chains slithering on the ground, sending shivers down Lana's spine. Finally, he stands before Lana and smiles once more.

"Scared? No need to be."

He rummages through his pocket, grunting slightly, until he retrieves a round object. He presents it to Lana. "Here's my favorite apple. It helps me relax on my gloomy days," he says in a cheerful tone.
"Come." His words almost sound like a command as Lana trembles in place. The bishop firmly grips her mouth and begins prying it open. Lana desperately tries to move, but she's unable to.
Tears stream down her face. Samson then places the large apple into her mouth. She involuntarily gags, "Please... stop," she struggles to say with her mouth now full.

Samson only pushes the apple deeper into her mouth. He firmly holds her jaws and chin, speaking in a menacing voice, "Now, eat up."

0