Why am I so weak
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kemuri glared at the brunette, her eyes ablaze. She sprinted towards him, leaving Lana to tend to Ruby. Using marks on her shoes, she closed the gap between them like a rocket. The brunette clung to hers slightly cleaved neck, trying to evade her attacks. Her speed was unmatched as she landed blow after blow. Tripping him, she pounced on his stomach, raining down punches on his bloodied face. Rocketing into the sky, she descended shin-first onto his stomach, the sound of bones cracking echoing in the chamber. She lifted him up, demanding to know who sent him. "Bishop Samson," he confessed before Kemuri disposed of him. Watching him bleed out, she turned away.

Noticing Lana cradling an unconscious Ruby near a broken wagon, Kemuri called for Dearan. Descending with assistance, he assessed the situation and began treating everyone with his first-aid kit. Lana stood by, feeling helpless as Dearne took care of Ruby and the injured horse. As they rode back home, Lana finally spoke up. "Nothing," she whispered, tears streaming down her face. "I couldn't do anything for her. She got caught because of me, and even with my training, I was useless." Kemuri embraced her, comforting her. "It's going to be ...," she trails off for she knows it will only get worse. All she could do was be there for Lana.

0