On the day it all changed
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Itching to start typing, Ruby winced when Lana woke up. Lana too took in the sun's rays, piercing through their window made out of leaves and supported by finely carved

Her vision finally stabilizes as she stares at Ruby. Ruby looked back at a laptop, typing away: 

It all started with this professor. He was a cuckoo kind of man with the ability to waste his PhD in science and engineering.

Everything he made was just for "funzies," with little remark for his titles. However, he soon developed something worth talking about: Tattoos which glide around ones body.

Ruby stopped typing when Lana stood behind her, peeking through Rubies small shoulders. Ruby flushed and asked she could have "alone time".

"But, look at what you are writing about. If it's true, I think the others would appreciate  it." Without giving Ruby a chance to comment, Lana already stride out to fetch the others. The door banged close. Might as well finishing, she thought. 

This took him to new heights, but sadly, he couldn't bask in his riches. His significant other had died. The grief was too much, and he...

Ruby started to tear up as she typed the lost lines.

But when he left the project, another person revived it. This individual was Walter Vimillion. She studied the radiation causes of the latest nuclear bombs of the time. She was an odd ball too and would conduct experiments on animals with those toxic gases. 

One of them led to her being able to "sync the soul with reality." Without sounding wishy-washy, she basically injects "nuclear energy" into patients with tattoos, and I guess the two things just fused. Soon, people develop powers. This only happens to select few who extremely vulnerable to radiation.

Ruby finally finished, face in her hands. Dearan and the others just arrived and scanned the passage.

"W-wow, it's all true."

"Most of it, there are small dark spots I had to leave out.", she says hiding her sobs

Dearan gave her a bright smile, then said to Lana, "Since you up. Lets get going.". 

As they packed up, Lana held a reassuring hand on Ruby and gave her a meaningful look, "You okay."

Ruby met her Lana's emerald eyes and said, "I'm going to be okay. Its just when I starting about a dead loved one, I just think of Dreng."

"Is  he a family member"

"No. never met my real family. I consider him an older brother." Her eyes grew moist," Is it true that Amara won't kill him after their next duel."

Ruby only smiled," Although I'm not too sure of the things she did in the past, I have faith in her repulsiveness to killing." 

I hope you right, Ruby muttered as she load her last lagguge in the wagon. 

...

Dreng prowled his way to the outskirts of the Capital city of Thaw.  It was infested with ruined city building and overgrown vegetation, accelerating their decay. This place was mainly isolated with most residents not attempting to traverse it. Dreng steered his head to the top, where Amara coldly stare down at him on top of a leaning skyscraper. 

"Just you wait," Dreng said, "This time it will be different." 

0