Chapter 1: Where are the others?
94 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Congratulations, Ye Hao, for being invited to the Transmigrators Chat Group. Would you like to join? (Yes) (No)"

Ye Hao was startled awake by the electronic buzzing in his mind, only to see what seemed like a floating holographic notification box.

The groggy feeling that had enveloped him due to gaming all night was washed away at this moment, replaced with euphoria akin to that of those who win the lottery.

"Hahaha, it's here, my Golden Finger is here."

Having been orphaned at the tender age of 17, Ye Hao had no choice but to drop out of high school and enter the workforce, leaving him with little time to mourn for his parents. This led to a 180-degree shift in his personality, from being jovial and outgoing to introverted, shutting himself off even from his closest friends. His only solace was found in games and novels, and as an avid reader, he naturally understood the significance of the situation before him.

At 25, Ye Hao still found himself working the same part-time job he had eight years ago, with neither the hope to progress further nor the means to attend university.

For this reason, he chose to give up on his future and continue living the bland, tasteless life he had endured for close to a decade, until today.

"I'll join, of course, I'll join."

In most cases, no protagonist of any transmigration novel would jump at suspicious opportunities like this. However, in Ye Hao's case, what did it matter even if it was a trap? In any case, he didn't have anything to lose other than his life.

Upon hearing his reply, the "Yes" option in the notification box expanded, and Ye Hao could almost hear a clicking sound effect, as though the notification were on his computer.

The notification screen disappeared, only to be replaced by a new, larger, and more detailed screen.

At the top of the screen, he could see a few tabs: [Chat], [Exchange], [Arena], [Travel], [Golden Finger].

Aside from the Chat tab, which was blue like the rest of the screen, the other three were grey, each with a small lock icon next to it.

Below, Ye Hao could see a common chat room with a text box at the bottom of the screen. In fact, this chat room had only one notable attribute to its existence: it was empty.

Seeing this, Ye Hao was stunned.

"Where are the others?"

Before his thoughts could run wild, an announcement was made.

"Congratulations, Ye Hao (1), for joining the Transmigrators Chat Group."

"Transmigration will proceed in 1 hour. Please prepare."

Ye Hao thought to himself:

"What does the '1' mean? Does it mean I'm the first member? What the hell? And one hour? That's not enough time. Wait, give me more time, like a day or two."

Regardless of his pleas, the screen didn't respond, as though he were talking to a brick wall. Instead, a popup timer appeared, counting down the time he had left.

Seeing that he was getting nowhere, Ye Hao gritted his teeth and rushed around his house. He grabbed a bag and stuffed it with food, a couple of bottles of water, an extra set of clothing, and a knife.

From this, it could be seen that Ye Hao possessed exceptional adaptive capabilities and quick thinking. Any normal person wouldn't have thought to be so resourceful with the little time they had.

After finishing, he sat down on the couch in his living room and summoned the chat room again with his thoughts. The timer displayed [00:51:37].

Seeing that he had plenty of time left, Ye Hao thought for a second before going out to shop for essentials. He planned on getting camping gear and a sleeping bag, as he wasn't sure whether he was going to transmigrate into a populated area or the middle of a forest. His worries weren't groundless, as he had referenced the countless novels he had read before as a guide to his coming transmigration.

After returning, Ye Hao checked the chat group once again.

[00:02:19]

Ye Hao thought to himself:

"Two minutes left."

"What else do I need to do?"

"Have I forgotten anything?"

As he watched the countdown inch closer and closer towards zero, Ye Hao became increasingly anxious.

"What if I die? It's not like I'm guaranteed to have protagonist treatment. I'm not some arrogant Son of Heaven and Earth."

As his thoughts ran wild, a notification sounded in his mind.

"Time's up. Transmigration begins."

Taking a deep breath in, Ye Hao's figure began to glow in a luminescent green color before he disappeared.

...

A glowing mass of light began to condense in the air roughly two meters above the ground. The light began to reform taking on a humanoid shape.

The light turned solid and transformed into Ye Hao.

Ye Hao opened his eyes to see himself plummeting towards the dirt floor beneath him.

Although he remained relatively unharmed from the impact, it hurt nonetheless.

After getting up who began to look around this place.

Ye Hao thought to himself:

I knew it. 

I knew this would happen, Thank you novels for not lying to me.

2