Chapter 3: Dinosaurs?
129 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ye Hao is planning to use the martial arts novels he has read before as a basis for the cultivation path he is deducing.

"By breathing in a certain way, I should be able to absorb the surrounding energy into my body, but where should I go from here?

Since I don't have spirit roots, I don't think I'll be able to gather them in my dantian. Even if I could, my mortal physique wouldn't be able to handle the violent nature of the energy.

So, to start, I should figure out a way to weaken the surrounding energy and use it to temper my physique.

What if I have the energy follow along my blood?

The human body is already capable of sending nutrients to the muscles through the blood vessels.

If I were to have the energy follow the same route, wouldn't I be able to enhance my muscle strength quite easily?

Ah, but if I simply focus on tempering my muscles, my bones will be unable to handle it.

So, I should probably start with the bones, then the muscles, then the skin, and finally the organs.

That's it, and this could be collectively known as the body refining realm."

Having deduced the general direction of his path, Ye Hao used his heaven-defying comprehension to deduce the specifications of the cultivation technique.

...

Two days passed.

Ye Hao finished deducing and achieved the peak of Bone Refining.

After beginning his cultivation, Ye Hao had an idea of what perfected body refining could bring him. Using his golden finger, he estimated that once body refining is complete, he would bend steel beams with relative ease, run faster than a cheetah, and jump 5 floors high. On top of that, his lifespan should increase to 150-200 years. With his current speed of cultivation, he should be able to achieve this within a week and should roughly have the ability to protect himself in this strange world.

However, while practicing, Ye Hao encountered an issue. The overpowering nature of the energy caused the energy produced by digesting food to follow along with it. Due to this, Ye Hao finished a week's worth of food in two days. If he were to continue without eating food to make up for the energy loss, his body might compensate for it using life force. As such, Ye Hao decided to go out hunting for food.

"At this stage, I'm not confident enough to think I can hunt wild animals with my bare hands. I should probably climb trees and carve out simple spears using the branches."

Under this train of thought, Ye Hao chose to climb the tree nearest to him. After climbing and breaking off a few 1-2 meter long sticks, he sharpened one end of the stick to make a makeshift spear.

While in the process of sharpening the last stick, his instincts started buzzing, causing a slight headache.

"Danger! A powerful life form is in the vicinity."

Ye Hao's back became soaked with sweat, and his heartbeat was beating at an alarming rate. Straining his tense muscles, he forced himself to go against his instincts and look up.

High in the sky, Ye Hao could see a flying beast with bat-like wings and a long beak.

It seemed as though time had slowed down as Ye Hao saw the beast raise its wings before flapping them down in a smooth motion.

Despite the creature's simple actions, its aftereffects were disastrous. With that single flap, a massive gust of wind blew downwards right above where Ye Hao was. The massive wind pressure created a gravity-like effect as the branches in the trees around him started shattering and slamming towards the ground at an astonishing speed.

The branch above him also broke and accelerated towards him. Seeing the branch coming, Ye Hao reacted quickly enough to block.

Had he not been in the peak of Bone Refining, the impact would have shattered his bones.

All this caused by a single flap. Although in pain from the impact, Ye Hao's attention was focused on something else entirely.

"Where have I seen that creature?

In some novel artwork?

Wait a minute, isn't that a pterodactyl?

The animals here are dinosaurs? Not mythical creatures like dragons or phoenixes?

Does that mean I've transmigrated to the Jurassic era?

If I'm not wrong, that also means humans should still be monkeys at this point in time.

Then doesn't that mean I'm alone in this world?"

Ye Hao's mentality collapsed; the thought of having to survive in this world alone once again put him in despair.

Although Ye Hao was an introvert who kept to himself prior to his transmigration, that doesn't mean he would be able to live without any human contact. Humans are social creatures after all.

Despite living in a cave for the past two days, Ye Hao still hoped to make contact with the natives of this world and establish friendly relations.

At this point, Ye Hao's only other hope for human communication would be the chat group.

"Of course, the chat group. Since I was invited, it's natural others would be too."

As if sensing his thoughts, a timer window popped up.

[28 Days 15:49:55]

Seeing the notification, Ye Hao's gaze became determined. 28 days, he just needed to maintain his sanity and life for 28 days.

5