Something is wrong
4 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

What began as the best day of my life ended up being the worst day of my life.

"Vroom! Vroom!" The sound of the engine.

"Damn, I'm already 20 minutes late."

I started my engine and hurriedly set off to one of the best restaurants in town. I asked myself why there, because I was going to propose to my girlfriend today.

I had it all planned out, first a romantic dinner, then off to the amusement park, and finally, a stroll in the city park where we'd catch the sunset over the city. I hoped I'd make it to the restaurant alive given the traffic, but I was speeding at 100 miles per hour in a school zone and there were plenty of cars.

"How late am I? 25 minutes? It's not that bad, right?"

I entered the restaurant and saw my girlfriend in the most beautiful blue dress, waiting for me. I approached the table.

"Oh, look who decided to show up," Jane said jokingly. "I'm sorry, there was a lot of traffic," I replied, not entirely lying.

We sat down and ordered ourselves wine. After a few minutes, the waiter brought the wine, and she asked if I wanted to order something to eat. I asked if she had any recommendations, and she suggested the "Ribeye steak" and "Rigatoni pasta," specialties of the restaurant. So, we ordered those.

"What have you been up to today?" I asked to break the silence.

She started telling me about her day at work, and I tried to listen carefully, but I got lost in her light blue eyes and dark brown hair. After dinner, we got on my motorcycle and headed to the amusement park. On our way there, we encountered a boy who seemed lost, and Jane asked me to stop to see if he needed help.

"Excuse me, are you lost?" Jane asked the boy. "Uhh, yeah," the boy replied confusedly. "Do you know where my mom is?"

A worried woman approached us and hugged the boy, thanking us for being concerned and went home with the boy. I paused and thought about how good of a girl Jane really was, and if I was good enough for her...

"Are you coming?" Jane asked.

As we approached that moment, I became more nervous, but I knew I had to do it today. After the amusement park, we went for a walk in the woods. As we rode, I felt my heart beating like never before, I think she did too. We got off the motorcycle and slowly walked in the quiet and eerie night. It was so calm that I felt like I could hear my blood flowing through my veins. We heard twigs crackling as we walked, it was so peaceful that I quickly calmed down and then... No ring. No, no, it couldn't have fallen off. What do I do now? Think, where could it be? I KNOW, it must be in the backpack on the motorcycle.

"Jane, I forgot something on the motorcycle, I'll be right back," I told her and quickly ran back. "Okay, I'll wait here," she smiled and sat on a bench patiently.

If it's not in the backpack, I'll literally kill myself. After the longest 10 minutes, I reached the motorcycle, out of breath because I usually ride it and rarely walk. I opened the backpack and prayed the ring would be there. YES, there it is, I grabbed the ring and hurried back.

"Grrrr, ARF ARF!"

Out came a very strange dog, it didn't really look like a dog but it barked. Whoa buddy, calm down, I tried to calm it down a bit, it didn't work. It started to bite me and I narrowly dodged it and kicked it lightly. I felt really sorry for it but I had to calm it down, it turned and ran into the woods. I checked my watch, it had already been 10 minutes, I had to hurry. As I ran, I imagined every possible scenario, but I truly believed and hoped that she would say yes, that she was the girl I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I know, I know, everyone says that and 70% of them end up divorced, but this is really different, she's so caring and beautiful, she loves helping people, loves adventure, loves stories, she's my soulmate. As I was almost there, my heart was pounding like never before, I felt like it would jump out of me, I was sweating all over, barely breathing, I started to shake slowly.

"H-here I am, sorry for keeping you waiting..." I stopped in disbelief.

I was out of breath, my blood froze, I couldn't move. WHAT IS THIS! Two men had knocked Jane to the ground, she had torn, bloody clothes. Is she... no way, it's my imagination, it looks like her. As I stood there, frozen, trying to move with all my might, I couldn't. Listening to Jane scream and asking for help, they started to kick me in the face and I fell to my knees. As Jane looked at me on my knees while "they" ate my future fiancée, I felt like the weakest loser, but I couldn't do anything to stop them. When I didn't hear Jane anymore, those two "men" looked at me, not into my eyes but through me, not at me. They aggressively ran towards me, wanting to tear me apart. Again, I couldn't move, I thought it was all over, Jane was dead, I didn't even want to move, I wanted them to kill me, I was ready for my death. I slowly closed my eyes and exhaled.

"Pop, pop, pop." I heard gunshots.

I quickly opened my eyes, those two "men" were dead, blood slowly seeping out of them. I waved to see who saved my life, with a gun in his hand, it was a man in black from some tree, I barely saw him because it was dark, he just disappeared. I looked at the blood and organs falling from my girlfriend and two shot "men", I finally decided to call the police, I took out my phone, my hands were shaking and I tried to enter the code 4, 6, 7, 8, I was shaking so much that my phone fell out, I picked it up and dialed 192.

"Beep, beep, beep, beep," it disconnected. "What, I must have entered it wrong." I said scared. "Let's try again, slowly, 1, 9, 2," "Beep, beep, beep, beep" it disconnected again.

What the hell, my phone isn't working, I ran as fast as I could to my motorcycle and went to the police station to report everything. . What just happened, whether it was some sect that eats people and who was that man with the fucking gun, nothing is clear to me. While many thoughts were going through my head in the distance I saw about 100-200 people on the road, what are they doing at 01:00 in the morning, the closer I got the more strange things appeared. I see a lot of overturned cars and a truck, what's going on here. I slowly started to slow down and I started to notice that same sect or whatever it is, pulling innocent people, women, children out of cars and starting to eat them. I got sick, I stood on the side to throw up, when I drank some water I looked again into the distance and saw that about fifteen people turned towards me. The same look from a while ago, only now there was no one to save me, they started running towards me. I quickly turned the engine and started in the other direction, I thought how can I get to the police station now, that was the only way. After a while I pulled over again on the side of the road to try to call the police.

"Beep, beep, beep, beep" stopped againI don't know what to do anymore, I just started crying. When I calmed down a bit, I just felt someone's hand on my back, I slowly turned around. It was the creature that ate Jane, it was so terrifying, it didn't have one eye, half its face was bloody, it didn't have one arm. I hit the gas as fast as I could but that monster latched onto me, I elbowed him in the head and he just fell off. I started to shake again, I could barely drive, I decided I was going to go to a nearby town to report all this.After about 10 minutes of driving, I bumped into some people again. How many are there, no, is this 100, 200, 500... THERE ARE OVER A THOUSAND. I could not see the end of the horde, I immediately stopped and began to think about what to do."The only way out of here is through the forest, but I don't know where I'm going to get out there, or if I'm going to get out somewhere." " I asked myself.I knew I had no way out, so I turned onto a path leading through the forest. That road is very difficult, there are many large stones and tree roots make it difficult, it was also pitch dark. I've been traveling for a couple of hours, I have a feeling that this road leads nowhere, maybe those people have taken refuge, should I go back. Thinking about everything from extreme fatigue, I fell asleep while driving and fell off the motorcycle, and the motorcycle crashed into a tree.,, Jane, do you want to marry me? " I asked her, with the greatest concern ever, if she would say yes",, OF COURSE I WILL!" Jane said happilyA stone fell from my heart, we hugged and I put the ring on her hand, she was delighted. I stopped and thought if life could get any better than this...At that moment, the sun shines through the branches and I can't really see the best, through a very loud buzzing I call Jane, she is gone and then I remember everything. I tried to get up, but my whole body was in spasms and the incredible pain in my head didn't help. The buzzing got louder and louder, I just continued to sleep, hoping to see Jane again. I was so hungry that I woke up and couldn't continue sleeping, I decided to get up through the pain I felt everywhere and I immediately noticed that I had a rather deep gash on my left arm, I remembered that I had first aid in the engine,, ENGINE! " I shouted.I ran to the engine to see if it might be working even though I knew it probably wasn't. I tried to lift the engine with all my strength, but I just couldn't."Come on, you can do this, you've lifted it a thousand times, let's go 1, 2, 3..." I tried unsuccessfullyMy arm began to hurt more and more, I had to give up the engine and get first aid. I opened it and took the gauze, wrapped it around my hand a couple of times, then tightened it and fastened it. My stomach started to growl and I had two options either try to catch something or continue on foot hoping to find some inhabited place... I think I will try to catch something before dark if I don't catch or find something nothing edible then I will continue on foot. I saw some mushrooms, now again there is a 50 percent chance that I will die, but I don't think I have any other option because I don't see any animals, and I don't know if I could kill a living thing. I took a few pieces of those mushrooms and put them in my pocket, a couple of twigs and some dried leaves, to light a fire later because it will be very cold in the evening. I placed the branches in the shape of a pyramid and put leaves inside, took out a lighter from my jacket and lit a fire. I lay down next to the fire and put the mushrooms to roast a bit, after eating the mushrooms with a partially full stomach I went to sleep. I woke up almost every half hour because I didn't care to sleep alone in a forest full of dangerous animals and cannibals or whatever."Why didn't you save me, why did you want to eat me, I trusted you and you, you betrayed me, you just watched and didn't do anything. " Jane said disappointedly."I wanted to, I tried, please believe me, I would never betray you Jane, you know that" I tried to convince Jane through tears."At least admit it to yourself, if you don't want me, you actually killed me," she said furiously, "Come to terms with it...""No, no, Jane, I wouldn't do that..." I muttered. ,, I DO NOT!". I woke up covered in sweat and with a severe headache, I realized that it was a nightmare again. I was very hungry, so I roasted the mushrooms I had left. After that I set off hoping to find a village or town. After about two hours of walking, I found a couple of houses that looked abandoned

0