Chapter 1: Beginning with an end
507 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Just some forewarning for this, expect a lot of profanity (reasons will become clear in a future chapter), a fair bit of innuendos and other naughty stuff, and mental breakdowns.
Spoiler

This story features my own idea of reincarnation, which works like this. When someone dies prematurely, they may be reincarnated in another world, however their age won't change. So if they died at 16 years old, they'll awaken as a 16 year old in another world. To keep worlds stable the universe they awaken in gives them a new body and everyone memories of this person, including the one who was reincarnated., which may or may not lead to problems for our protagonist

[collapse]

The blaring alarm pierced my brain as I groaned, rolling over. Why couldn't I sleep for like, 5 more minutes, maybe 5 more hours. Actually scratch that just sleep forever, I didn't want to be dealing with school today. The alarm blared again, receiving another groan before I slammed my hand down on it. Fine fine, I'd get out of bed. Throwing myself off my bed legs first, my feet caught the floor, causing me to stand up quite quickly. The slight adrenaline rush it gave was a good way to wake me up.

I tossed aside my pjs, pulling on a simple school uniform, a blue polo with black shoulders, nothing fancy, but what do you expect from a public school? I checked myself in the mirror, hair was untidy as always, bags under my eyes, eh, this was normal. I was fairly scrawny, I never did seem to put on any weight, a blessing or curse, I was never certain. An alert flashed on my watch, letting me know I'd miss the bus if I didn't rush. Eh, what's one more late day? I took my time moving downstairs and to the door, I wasn't hungry so I skipped breakfast, never was able to cook for myself anyway.

The walk to school was the same as always, or well, it was. However one intersection away I heard what I could've sworn was a cry for help. My eyes flicked towards the noise before growing wide. Someone was being held at knife-point, she was trembling, begging with the larger man not to kill her. His stance was what frightened me, he stood tall over her, but one leg was slightly back, both held firm, he was steadying himself. The grip on his knife changed..he was going to actually stab her!

I couldn't help myself, my mind screamed at me, my body groaned as I moved. This was such a stupid idea but who cares if I got hurt? Not like I mattered anyway so might as well help someone else. I shoved into the girl with my shoulder, knocking her out of the way as the knife came down. Agonizing pain shot through my body as I bit my tongue. I shouldn't scream, that was weakness. I looked down to the point of the pain..the left-side of my chest had a knife embedded deep in it. Darkness licked the edges of my vision as blood pooled around the blade, staining my clothes. Heh, I was dying.

I let myself go limp against the wall, the blood flowed quickly, he had stabbed an artery or something. I wasn't scared, this felt..freeing. It was almost funny, I could see the darkness growing across my vision, the light of the afterlife coming closer. But I wasn't clinging on for the few chords of life left unsnipped. I wasn't afraid. I..was eager. How funny, people spent so long worrying, panicking over what would happen when they died. And then there was me, eager, awaiting death's sweet embrace. I exhaled as the last chord was cut and I let sweet death embrace me.

12