Chapter 9: Cultural studies
209 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I walked up to the front of the classroom, all eyes were on me. I noticed Avarie watching with interest, she gave me a small wave. The other students were watching expectantly, there was a variety of species around, a really hot succubus girl, a cute looking elf girl..or guy? really hard to tell. I took a breath, looking up at the teacher.

"So, you got like any prompts or shit, kinda need a place to start talking about my fucking culture and shit" The class blinked at the sudden stream of swears, Avarie giggled while the rest didn't really seem to know how to react. The teacher stopped for a moment before clearing her throat.

"Oh, um yes, I forgot that, well, how about cuisine? Oh now just a note to everyone, Nixi's behavior will likely differ a lot to the goblin's culture we'll be learning about, as she is a citizen of our country Pacisgen, and not Puragen." I blinked, so..there seemed to be regional differences to goblin culture, and they wanted to start by learning cuisine. I racked my brain, the answers came almost naturally.

"Well, from what my mum has said, typically goblins eat just about any meat they can get their hands on, cow, pig, halfing, elf, rotten, but our family doesn't do that." ..Jesus fucking christ, so goblins were not very nice here from the sounds of it. There was a slightly frightened squeak from the cute elf boy/girl, did I scare them? I felt kinda bad now.

"I mean ok, so some of our recipes are called stuff like Halflin' chilli, but all sentient meat is switched out for stuff like pork, so don't you lot go thinkin' I'm some like, murderous cunt, cause I aint" The teacher nodded, there were mixed reactions from other students, some, like Avarie seemed to understand, and others seemed more cautious then anything. And then there was that cute elf, god I'd have to apologize after class I didn't intend to fucking scare him like that.

"Well thank you for that Nixi, and yes as I was saying there will be parts of typical goblin culture that your family ignore, simply due to where you're living. Now another question, do you know much about traditional rituals?" Traditional rituals hm?...oh yikes that was some knowledge that entered my mind..so my suspicion was correct, if I focused on something I should know about, the knowledge just kinda comes to me, but, just fucking wow. Goblins were kinda shit in this world.

"Yeah..goblin rituals are 'bout as pretty as our shitty diet. There are three main ones that are carried out, after those cunts pull of a successful slaughter, there is a massive party with slaves being tortured and all the booze they stole being drunk..its fucking disgusting, pretty much the only good thing is they never..force themselves..upon a slave, cause goblins tend to be kinda racist and don't think its worth..doing it, with non goblins" A majority of the class looked sick, myself included. At first being a goblin sounded fun, but now, just..gods it was bad. At the very least this culture only seemed to exist in, what had they called it, ah right, Puragen.

"Yeah ik, they're fucking disgusting pricks over in Puragen, main reason me grandmum fled" Ah..so my family came from refugees fleeing that shit society. So my grandmum fled, settled in that small village, had mum, mum had me, and after I turned 18 we moved here, for the school I believe. The teacher looked down at me.

"Did you want to continue sharing Nixi or take a seat?" She seemed to be being cautious, like it was a sensitive topic. Like ok sure almost all the goblins were complete fucking bastards, but I was tough as and way fucking better.

"Nah I'm fuckin' good, got taught this stuff when I was young as like, cautionary shit, ya know telling me the shit not to do" The teacher would nod.

"Alright Nixi, well you mentioned there were three main rituals?" Oh right, that train of thought got interrupted again, two other rituals.

"Oh yeah I was talking 'bout that. Well the second ritual isn't as big as the first, and the third isn't really evil or shit. So the second one got carried out at the end of every month, basically it was kinda religious, choosing the goblin who had no uses to sacrifice to ensure shit like 'good eatins' and 'good booze'" Once again everyone looked at me horrified, that poor cute elf looked like they were gonna throw up or something, gods I have to chat to them after this. Avarie looked more..curious then anything, so either she had a stomach o' steel, or she was fucking mental, either way at least she didn't care much 'bout how other goblins acted.

"And then the third ritual is done before sex, just features offerin' some food to the gods to ensure the baby is strong and shit, its real simple shit" Ah few, that one got less a horrified reaction, there were a few that seemed to be getting their bearings from all the horrific shit I'd said..and at the mention of sex that succubus girl suddenly looked very interested in the ritual, I mean can't blame her, she's a succubus. The teacher had almost spat out the water she was drinking at the bluntness.

"I- well yes thank you for that Nixi, now that has taken up a good chunk of our lesson, so why don't we just do some question and answer stuff? People who have questions for Nixi raise your hands, and she'll answer them" Ok kinda annoying that I just got volunteered for that shit, but can't complain about the idea, would let me clear up shit that people were thinking about me. Oh wow, a lot of hands, that cute elf had their hand kinda up, looking uncertain, Avarie had her hand straight up, same as the succubus and plenty of other students. So a lot of choices, um..hm. I pointed to the succubus, and she started speaking immediately.

"Ok so like, with the third ritual, are there any parts during the sex, like what kinda naughty stuff do you goblins do, I've only read about it~" I felt my face get hot, ok so she was real fucking direct. Um, ok how do I even answer this, like should I go in detail, brush it off, make a joke, the fuck was I meant to do? The rest of the class looked just as stunned as I was, some just looked away, pretending to not know her, including the teacher, the elf just hid their face behind a book, and Avarie looked unbothered, so she seems to not get shocked by like anything.

"Ok, holy fuck that's a question. Um, probably differs from goblin to goblin, like it would with people of any species? I don't fucking know what kinks all goblins have" My face felt like a tomato at this point, and the succubus girl just giggled, thanking me for my answer. Fucks sake she just wanted to fluster me didn't she? I looked over to the elf, praying they had a normal answer.

"You looked like you had a question before elf?" They squeaked, looking up at me, they took a minute to answer, probably collecting thoughts or processing what had just happened before.

"U-um yes, w-well you said before that like, goblins had kinda, c-cruel rituals and stuff...d-do you like get the urge to be cruel or stuff, o-or is that a taught thing...s-sorry if it comes off rude." Oh gods their voice was so small and cute, and they were so sweet too! I just wanted to hug them so fucking bad.

"Well not really, like the cruel aspect is taught, what is inherited traits is stuff like creativity, and being very prone to accidents..which often don't combine well" I chuckled, remembering throwing myself down the stairs while trying to process thoughts. The elf nodded before going quiet again. I didn't even get a chance to say I was going to accept Avarie's question before she spoke up, wow she was really eager to learn I guess.

"So I've heard rumors that goblins are like, super durable and stuff, is that true" That was her question? She fucking slammed me into the concrete this morning, leaving like no injury on me, and she still has to ask that? Maybe my birdbrain comment was a little accurate.

"Avarie, you landed on me and slammed me into the pavement this morning..do I look injured?"

"Nope, you look perfectly fine!"

"So..what would that mean?"

"You're...Ohhhhh, nevermind then!" She giggled, quite a few members of the class snickered at her antics, seemed like this was a little common. Before I could answer anymore questions the bell went, leaving a lot of the students looking disappointed.

"Ah, that's the bell, well thank you for all those lovely insights to goblin culture Nixi" The teacher smiled, dismissing the class, everyone ran out and I followed, heading off to English, Avarie seemed to be following me?..oh wait no she probably just had English.

13