Chapter 15
185 3 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

---------LEGEND---------
PLAYER/USERNAME
Amber/Davina
Grace/Lasair
Xia/Genevieve
-------------------------------

Grace was curious to know why before leaving last time Davina had asked her to meet together without having Genevieve's company around. Had she perhaps been wrong on her judgment and the two were anything but friends? Whatever the case, Grace would have soon found out.

The city of Valynghana stood on a cliff overlooking the sea, the pier was at least sixty-five feet below and was dug into the cliff, where it could be reached via a series of elevators made of wood, ropes and gears of metal that rose and fell continuously. The city itself was a place that even Genevieve with her crappy computer could have visited: the city was mostly populated by NPCs and the only players who inhabited the place were just passing through, heading towards the port or towards the exterior of the city after having appeared out of the city teleportation gates.

“I wonder where she is…” Grace murmured softly, pursing her lips and turning her head left and right, she could feel the ears prick up on her head, that was… something new, unexpected and for which she hadn't put any effort into it, a fact that led her to not being able to help Davina in obtaining the same result.

Finally Grace noticed Davina's white hair covered by the characteristic pointed hat of wizards and she approached her, she was looking around as Grace was and when their eyes met Davina smiled at her, “Lasair! HI!" She started walking towards her to close the distance faster.

“Uh… hi…”, Grace didn't know what to say, “s-so, why the request for this private meeting?”

Davina tilted her head, “straight to the point, uh? Not even a hug or two kisses?” She asked, puffing out her cheeks.

“Of-of course! So-sorry!” Grace opened her arms, Davina didn't wait long before hugging her warmly and giving her two kisses on the cheeks which caused her a veiled embarrassment that fortunately not even the latest NexNet model Grace was using could transmit into the virtual world. Her model compared to Genevieve's allowed almost everything, except eating and smelling things. “But I-I'm curious, that's all. Why this secrecy?”

“Because I know that if I proposed what I have in mind to Genevieve she would immediately say no, so I need to get you on my side!” Davina said winking at Grace before breaking the hug and taking a step back.

“K-know that I won't be bribed!” Grace stated, “not that Genevieve would listen to me even if I were to agree with you…” she admitted in a lower voice and looking away, “I'm nobody to her, I'm an avatar in a video game that she forgets about as soon as she logs out.”

Davina crossed her arms under her breasts, Grace had to admit she was well endowed in that aspect, “you are underestimating the influence you have on her. Genevieve is happy to play with you, I really don't get where's the source of this insecurity between you two."

“Did you trick her into letting you join us?” Grace asked spontaneously.

“That's... a very rude way of putting it,” Davina wrinkled her nose, “let's just say I asked her at a time when I knew her guard was down. That's all.”

“I-isn't that the same thing???”

Davina snorted and began to slam the tip of her right foot on the ground in an annoyed manner, “what insistence! Didn't you want to ask me why I asked you to meet up? Well, I did it because I want to do a good deed for our mutual friend!”

“For as much as I would like, she and I don't…”

"Let's go!" Davina interrupted her by taking her hand and quite literally starting to drag her around the city.

Davina took Grace with her around some of the city streets, almost all of them since the place had around fourty homes. They walked until they reached a panoramic point that stretched forward beyond the cliff, allowing them to admire a seemingly infinite expanse of blue and moving waves; Genevieve and Grace never stopped for things like that and having time to dedicate to just herself exclusively to looking at the landscape seemed strange to her, yet if players didn't get lost in the grinding mindset, it must be said that that world was beautiful just to look at even without doing anything else.

The moment that Davina released Grace's hand, she cautiously approached the railing, "ooooh..." Grace whispered in a low voice, below her there were large ships stopped with their sails furled, "it's beautiful…"

“See how good I am? I know the nicest panoramic spots in the game!” Davina declared, crossing her arms under her breasts again, "and now that we are here in front of a magnificent panorama and caressed by the sea breeze, it's time to explain to you what I have in mind and why I need your assistance."

Grace felt her ears fold back on her hair, “it's okay… even i-if I don't like plotting behind other people's backs.”

Davina closed the distance with her and leaned her head towards one shoulder looking at Grace very sweetly, "you are truly a faithful friend, but don't worry!" she raised her head smiling at her, “what I have in mind is something absolutely innocent! Innocent and profitable.”

Grace pursed her lips, Davina was gesticulating a lot but she didn't seem to want to get to the point.

Davina coughed a few times, theatrically holding a hand in a fist in front of her mouth, “then, as I said previously, my intention is to become an idol.”

Grace nodded a few times and crossed her arms under her breasts, “but I don't understand what LotA has to do with this.”

Davina's response was a wink. An instant later she raised her right hand with the palm facing up and a white fairy emitting a faint white light appeared from nowhere and landed on the palm of her hand, "I learned that LotA has an add-on called ' Recording Fairy'. Thanks to this program I can do… this.”

Her fairy conjured some sort of tablet into existence and grabbed it in her tiny hands, then she took off. Davina made some signs with her head and hands, the fairy responded by moving accordingly, turning and walking away or changing angles.

“You turned your ears forward. Curiosity?" Davina asked playfully, in response Grace covered her ears in embarrassment, she was starting to dislike the fact that she had no control over the body language of parts that her actual body didn't even have. “This add-on allows me to record my gameplays, I intend to become an idol in LotA by doing live broadcasts on YouPipe… and I would like you and Genevieve to become idols alongside me.”

Grace opened her mouth and eyes, “c-come again? And wouldn't that make you more a content creator than an idol?”

"Idol," Davina repeated, nodding. “I want to bring joy and happiness to as many people as possible,” she said, placing her hands over her heart and bowing her head slightly, “why do you and Genevieve play?”

“I play because I want to become a professional player and win the world championship, Genevieve on the other hand...” yeah, why did Genevieve play? Between Grace and Genevieve, the former seemed to be the one who was more focused on grinding, as if she was always in the position of having to prove something Grace didn't understand to someone she didn't know, “Genevieve plays, I guess.”

“We can work together to make our respective dreams come true, and we can share them with Genevieve so she has a reason to play too.”

“S-seems reasonable,” Grace agreed, moving her eyes elsewhere, to peer out towards the quiet sea where the blue of the water and the light blue of the sky touched. She leaned over with her hands on the railing, “but I don't understand why you're so interested in Genevieve finding a purpose in LotA.”

Grace ears twitched, Davina was getting closer, “everybody needs to move towards a goal, Genevieve in particular needs to find one that will make her happy. She just need... a little push."

“Sorry but… I don't get it…”

“What I'm saying is that every little bird needs a push to learn to open its wings.”

Grace felt a pressure behind her shoulders that pushed her forward, she threw her body into the void, losing balance and although she tried to find a hold, she soon found herself falling over the parapet.

“Spread your wings, my little bird!” Grace heard Davina scream laughing at her attempt to kill her, I mean, it wasn't as if she had really put Grace in front of a threat to her safety, thinking about it with a cool head later, but at that moment the poor girl was terrified and she couldn't think of anything other than the sea below which quickly became closer and closer.

The wings, she had to open the wings.

The wind whipped in her face so much that Grace could hardly keep her eyes open, her heart was beating so wildly in her chest that she feared she would have fainted; Grace had only done one test by jumping from a small boulder from a height of less than three feet and therefore she knew that she could manage to make her wings appear if she could concentrate enough on that intention.

Come on… come on!

Grace closed her eyes and moved her arms away from the chest, spreading them as if they were a pair of wings, she imagined a golden light coming out of her shoulder blades and taking the shape of feathered wings, she imagined the wind passing through the feathers…

A tug alerted her to reopen her eyes: Grace was gliding, white angelic wings had emerged behind her back when she was about thirty feet from the sea. She was breathing heavily and her heart didn't want to stop racing, but she was in control, she had stopped falling.

[Davina: see? I knew you could do it ;-)]

[Lasair: WHY THE HELL DID YOU DO THAT?? I COULD HAVE DIED!!]

[Davina: how serious are you... there was no danger, and you even managed to overcome the fear of the parachute. Aren't you happy? >_> You should be thankful for my assistance! è_é]

[Davina: anyway, what do you think of my project? Will you help me push Genevieve to collaborate?]

Grace was speechless, how did she always have such a carefree and light-hearted attitude? Grace didn't know whether to hate her or envy her for this quality of hers.

[Davina: are you angry? :-(]

[Davina: you're angry.]

Grace sighed. She was preparing to land on the deck of one of the ships below.

[Lasair: please, don't ever prank me like this again. I agree to collaborate, but only if both Genevieve and I earn something from collaborating with your YouPipe channel.]

[Davina: deal! We'll do something fair: 2/4 to me and 1/4 to you and her!]

It didn't seem too fair to her, but it must be said that the canal was Davina's and that she therefore had the right to keep a little more for her commitment to the administration and maintenance of the channel.

And they still had to decide how to convince Genevieve to join this venture. Grace had a slight idea on how to do it though.

11