2. Insane strat.
95 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Announcement
Mind control or as I liked to call, a literal mind wash. 

I logged out of the game. 

Waking up, I feel very refreshed. I am so glad that I bought this junk, even though it has it's own problem, there's one thing that separated it from a regular pod... My body can rest even when I'm playing in the pod. 

Though you still had to actually sleep as your mind will still not rest even though your body are, but... You can sleep in game to counteract that. 

So even though I looked like I was sleeping for three hour, I actually slept for over six hour in game with a very comfortable bed (optional). 

It's a shame I can't mod my pod further to add those fancy food and water needle so you can play for as long as you can. 

Sadly, I don't like to inject any sort of foreign substances to my body, even if it's just water... The thought creeps me out at night. 

Anyway, time to eat. 

Grabbing my phone, I looked at my newest notification as I prepared rice with leftover chicken from morning. 

*sniff* it didn't smell... Which mean it's mostly alright, just need to heat it up a bit and chop it further to add into the rice. 

As I was cooking, I checked my notification in the meantime. 

__

Takyon_light: hey, can you teach me stuff about PBX? 

Table leg: mate your late as hell, getting into the game? 

Takyon_light: idk my father is getting really into it and bribing me to get to his clan

Table leg: dude, clan are so shit though

Takyon_light: teach me your way master.

Table leg: hold on, I think my rice is overdone

___

In a conference room, filled to the brim with high ranking conglomerate. A single screen was displaying the chat between two friends. 

Takyon_light. A persona identity used by the daughter of the current leader of the HR group, a giant conglomerate which happen to completely control each and every part of south korean, from entertainment to military. 

Table leg. A man. That's all the HR group has known of him, there's not a single Intel on this man other than he's an extremely knowledgeable PBX player. 

Takyon_light or Coral, has fully regretted ever flexing that she 'apparently' has known a long time PBX player. 

She thought it was just a funny joke at first but it turned into a complete raid onto her personal device. 

Her phone, private browser, her INTERNET HISTORY were all thrown out into the window for her family all to see. 

Thankfully, she rarely browse things on her computer as she opted to... Buy the physical copy first and foremost, so not all is lost. 

However, now that her presence was known to most of the family, she has an actual chance of making it as the successor of the HR group, a dream she abandoned long ago. 

But would she climb that stair once a- Hell naw, fuck that, what she should be doing is play games and be pretty and have fun instead of doing... *politics* and *managing other people livelihood*.

Takyon_light: done? 

Takyon_light: hello? 

She shouldn't be doing this, her heart felt terrible as she slowly typed away on the screen. 

Table leg: eating. 

"This took way too long, can someone else take the reign in the negotiation? " One of her father dogs said as a bodyguard pushed her out of the reach of her computer. 

Her bastard uncle is going to ruin everything... Again. 

Takyon_light: dude you just ignored me for like half an hour? 

Her life is so over right now. 

Table leg: and? 

"Stop that dickhead from ruining everything! " She screamed but it all fell into deaf ears as her uncle send another one. 

Takyon_light: you know I'm your friend and friend should help another. 

It's so over. 

Table leg: cap.

She closed her eyes and ears as she prepared for a stray bullet to hit her. 

Table leg: speak to me in another account you baldi conglomerate. 

BOOM! With that shockwave and sound, she was still surprised that she could still hear as her uncle lay lifeless on the floor, his head splattered like a watermelon. 

Her head is next in the guillotine. 

___

Seriously, I already knew my friend was in the deep end of some giant conglomerate company, so it was obvious that they would want my skills as... A PBX player??? Why the hell would you need a PBX player for??? The online mode doesn't even have a real life currency system?????? 

Now that I think about it, I might've burned a bridge between me and my long time internet friend... Oh god what have I done?!! 

Just then, a notification from an unknown number came. 

___

HR GROUP: Hello, I am the leader of the HR group. As you might know, the game PBX or short for Pandora's Box, is a game that will soon became real. 

HR GROUP: We and several government body already confirmed this information, it is unknown whether how much time we have left but it is imperative that humanity shall be protected from the numerous kingdom and cults wanting to take over earth. 

The fuck is this man yapping about??? Besides, I'm pretty sure that most rich people still wanted to be on the top regardless of what's happening. So all that jazz about protecting humanity is mostly a means to an end. 

Okay, let's pretend for a moment that PBX actually become real... 

Table leg: so what? I should spill all of my hard earned secret just because someone wanted to save earth? I need no money, I need no information, I am satisfied with my life, so what can you offer me? 

HR GROUP: Everything, anything you wanted. 

Table leg: but can you really? What if I asked for immortality? I knew how I could get that in game, but you don't. All you can do is to provide me with short time benefit, one that only benefits yourself and your company. 

Table leg: so, how about we made a deal within the game confines? When you ask for a favor, I'll help. And when I asked for a favor... You'll help. 

Table leg: how about we make the terms and conditions already? 

HR GROUP: That I can do. 

Table leg: first condition from me, HR GROUP and their assistant shall not walk into table leg private boundary and that includes spying, meeting in person without consent, sending other to spy or blackmail, and not to walk on table leg private boundaries. 

Second condition, HR GROUP will not launch an attack regarding table leg wellbeing.

Third condition, the above condition also applies to Takyon_light.

Fourth condition, if one of the condition is broken, table leg will cut off contact against the HR GROUP and will not provide their service to HR GROUP. 

HR GROUP: Yes, that is acceptable. 

Table leg: Now, where and who did you find the proof from? 

Honestly, this feels like a roleplay more than an actual conversation... 

HR GROUP: This morning, out of nowhere, I the leader of the HR Group has received an email from an unknown source, I'm sure you're familiar with it. *HR GROUP has uploaded DIVINE REVELATION. PNG*

Huh? Isn't this just the emblem of the dark g-

My head was immediately hit by the force of a thousand sun, all I could see, feel, and hear was the blinding light of the divine. 

I know what this feels like, but I never experienced it in real life... The possession game starts now. 

Possession in PBX are a fight between two souls for a body, the original versus the invader. 

I already went through this countless of times as a spirit, so unless the enemy is some kind of demigod or something like that, I'm sure I could win. 

In just a second, I simulated my battlefield as a throne room with me sitting on the throne, a singular mask shielded my face and a robe appeared before me. 

This is usually what my build are for defending my body in the game, most of this is just intimidation but any little bit helps. 

BOOM! A giant explosion broke the front door as a lithe man steps out of the smoke, two giant horn grew out of his forehead as his body began to glow dark red. The dark god of demon, Abhjun. 

"I have come forth to cl-" The demon said as I silenced him with a shush. 

"Abhjun, the dark god of demon. Legend says that you're still 50 years old when you achieved an impossible feat of... Becoming a god. " I said as I teleported directly to him. 

[Magic circle 6 star — Teleportation]

"However...  " Now with a determined face, he blinked out of my sight as I can feel the mana brewing behind me. 

[Magic circle 4 star — Blink]

[MAGIC CIRCLE 7 STAR — POWER WORD KI-]

[MAGIC CIRCLE 9 STAR — DESTROY MAGIC]

"I could technically counter spell that, but it wouldn't be as dramatic wouldn't it? " The look of fear is definitely a sign that I won. 

A cage materialized out of nowhere as I telekinetically chucked him into it, the cage was immediately locked as I slowly, menacingly walked to the bar of the prison. 

"Who sent you? " I asked, very calmly. 

"The emperor of- "

"Scum? Took the word out of you didn't it? " Taking off my mask, I revealed my face with a big toothy smile. 

"We kind of skipped the introduction part but now that we're in an equal playing ground, let's just forgive our previous wrongdoing and go on our own way. Isn't that right, pawn? " I said as I touched his forehead with my finger. 

"W-what... Did you do to me?... " Abhjun said as he slowly loses his fabricated memories, it might seems cruel but the emperor of scum has successfully imprinted his brain with unnecessary suffering and anguish. 

I will erase his corrupted memories, one by one as I slowly restore his mind. 

"Let's introduce ourselves, you can call me... Legs for short. Now, what are your name? " His eyes flickered violently, the magic of the emperor getting slowly broken right in front of my eye... If only I can make the old man see this... 

"A-abhjun ad-"

"Wrong. Try again. " 

"I... "

"William... It's William. " Something flickered in him further upon hearing that name. 

"My eyes... It's heavy... " Looks like his sister is coming out to play... The real asset that the emperor use all the time. 

"It's time to sleep William, leave everything to her. " I watched as his body grew more mangled, a normal occurrence of demon possession. 

In the silence, his body went still as the eye suddenly shot open, this time shining pure white. 

"Welcome back, Abhjun. " I watched as the flesh of Abhjun shrink back into William's body. 

"You know of me? " The voice was distinctly feminime, it was obvious that the torment both William and the demon has to endure is too great as they even becomes a sibling of sort as she took William deceased mother form in order to comfort him... How wholesome. 

"I've known everything about you and William, the suffering you both has to endure because of his father pure evil. I'm here to change that, I will deliver upon his... Late divine judgement and you'll be my right hand in this world. Will you accept? " I extended my hand into the prison. 

"That depends mortal, what judgement? " The demon smiled in the shape of a triangle, too wide to fit on his face. 

"I will destroy his existence, every single bit of memories that he had made, good deeds, bad deeds, it will all be erased. Satisfied? "The demon smiled even brighter, I can see a sadistic desire that surrounded this demon, and that desire was focused like a laser toward the man they so hated. 

"Very much so... " I let her out of the cage as I requested that she should go to my only friend and defend them. She split her body in two and flew over to the person I requested, the other half is here defending me from the emperor meddling. 

"Well, takyon light was not my only friend but they're the one I cared most. " We played a lot of games together and it'd be a shame if they were to die. 

Back to the real world! 

The first thing I could immediately feel is mana, I could detect mana now that I have the dark god of demon as my right hand man. 

I could mess further with the mana, but I don't have time to do that, I should just play through the game like normal and amass a giant cult following so I could gain strength in both world so that I don't get one shotted by someone. 

Yeah, seems like a plan. Now I just need to do a few things regarding protection... 

Thankfully with abhjun covering my track and everything, I should be able to peacefully play this game for at least a month, I also had to quit my job while also trying to condition my body to mana.

I imagined a scenario like this countless of times in my mind since PBX was way too realistic to be a regular game but now that it happened, I feel like I'm robbing the fun out of it by overpreparing everything... 

Should I... Risk it a little? I mean it felt dumb to do with how the world was going to change but... Where's the fun if you don't seek it? Not only that, I need money too... 

You know what, I've got a perfect plan in mind regarding this situation... I could just... Leak everything to the public. 

It would be insane for sure but, I always wanted to be the guy who said "I told you. " Whenever it actually happened. 

And beside, I've got a million way of countering just about anything in this game and with how obscure it is, I could post this insane theory on four chan or something to give an early warning. 

That's absolutely devious, but I needed something stronger to sway the public eyes to this game... Celebrities? Hell no. Celebrities on the internet? Youtuber?! Of course! Fifteen bird in one stone! I could attract experienced player to trust me and I could attract the general populace with my stupid video! 

I-i could edit but... I absolutely sucked at talking... Should I just do it text based? No, that's not the best way to attract a large amount of people... Text to speech? Most of the new one suck but I could use the old SAM model along with the text and that should work... 

Alright, now that everything is nicely handled, I'm going to make a four chan post using my old discussion account, I have enough history on that so something might happen... I hope. 

3