Stars
312 3 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Timeskip Kam'zul 9 years)

During these few years, Kam'zul learned from lectures. She was very happy. Every day brought her new experiences, new adventures. She enjoyed spending time with her family and friends the most.

She still remembers how her family, along with the Kog and Pul families, went on a trip to a neighboring planet. Those families grew quite close. Except for Pul'tem's father, who was exploring the neighboring solar system.

...

Kam'zul slowly opened her eyes. She was tired. She slowly got out of her room and went to breakfast, where all the family members were already enjoying their delicious meal.

Kam'tzu, her mother, started chuckling.

"Hehe, look who finally woke up. Our little Uzurnal master."

Still tired, Kam'zul sat down at the table and started eating.

Suddenly, someone rang the doorbell. Kam'zul quickly finished her breakfast and went to the door, opening it. She lunged for a hug, but the person she wanted to embrace dodged to the side.

Kam'zul pouted.

"How cold, you won't even let yourself be hugged."

Pul'tem looked at Kam'zul and said nothing.

Then she spoke up.

"Kam'zul, you're starting to adopt your mother's habits. You should go get dressed."

Kam'zul just looked at herself, saying nothing. She just sighed.

"Sigh, I already know how Mom feels every morning."

Kam'zul turned her gaze to Pul'tem.

"And couldn't I go out like this? Please."

Suddenly Kam'zul heard someone sighing.

Still on the ground, she turned her head. It was her brother Kam'ra, who had his palm on his head and looked exhausted.

Pul'tem looked at him.

"Good morning, Kam'ra. Can you please take this idiot and let her get dressed."

...

Kam'zul was just leaving her house and dressed.

She looked excited. She couldn't wait for the specialized lecture.

Kam'zul and Kog'we attended Uzurnal lectures. Well, at least they were called lectures, they were simply training sessions.

Pul'tem started attending medical lectures.

(AN: Just to be clear, these lectures they attend are equivalent to college, of course, Uzurnal and other sports are exceptions.)

Uzurnal lectures were held in groups of fourteen. So ten players plus substitutes.

As Shen'la species reach adulthood, there are team recruitments at Uzurnal.

Kam'zul and Pul'tem stopped in front of the park. This was the place where they would separate.

Kam'zul looked at Pul'tem.

"So after the lecture."

"Hn."

Kam'zul entered the park, where thirteen kids were already sitting. Of course, she was the last, as always.

She started waving enthusiastically.

"Hello everyone."

As always, Kam'zul was surrounded by others, she was popular among everyone. She was also the fastest of all.

Suddenly someone spoke up.

"Hey squirts, let's get started."

There was a quite young, fit Shen'la, wearing sunglass over his eye with a white tank top, red shorts, flip-flops, and a big toothy smile on his face. He had a ball in his hand; this was a Uzurnal lecture, or rather a training session.

He raised his hand.

"Kids, I arranged something special for you. I arranged with my friend who teaches Uzurnal in the neighboring city, and we will have a match with them. You should be grateful that I arranged it, Hahaha."

Their coach started laughing. Everyone was excited. This would be their first real match.

As everyone started chatting, the coach clapped his hands.

"So, let's get started. Ten laps around the park. And if I catch anyone, they'll have to do a penalty run. HAhaha."

Everyone turned around and started running. This was the beginning of the training. And leading the pack was Kam'zul.

...

(After Training)

Kam'zul and Kog'we waited outside the park for Pul'tem. Both of them were quite tired.

Kam'zul started pacing impatiently.

"How long is she going to take? Come on."

Kog'we looked at her unsurprised.

"Where do you even get all this energy?"

"Kog'we, I could handle three more of those trainings."

Kog'we just grinned.

"You looked like you were about to collapse from exhaustion during that shooting practice."

Kam'zul glanced at him.

"You didn't look much better during the whole training."

"Well, I can't help it if you're such a monster."

Kam'zul smirked at him.

Suddenly, someone began to speak.

"Both of you can cut it out now, I want to go home."

It was Pul'tem standing behind them. Kog'we just asked her.

"How long have you even been here?"

"I don't know, since the idiot was asking when I'll be here."

"Hey, I'm not an idiot."

Pul'tem ignored Kam'zul remark and started walking slowly home.

"So, are we going or not?"

Kam'zul and Kog'we started running after her.

On the way home, the three friends talked, laughed, and shared other things.

As Kam'zul returned home, it was quiet. It was strange because there was never quiet in this family.

But Kam'zul was calm because she knew her mom was out with her friends, her dad was also with his drinking buddies.

The only one at home was her brother Kam'ra, who was probably in his room or on the roof.

Kam'zul checked his room and found nothing. That meant he was on the roof.

Kam'zul took a shower and went straight to the roof. As she got there, she saw someone looking up at the sky, smiling and mumbling to themselves.

Unaware, she approached him and hugged him from behind.

"What are you mumbling about?"

Kam'ra just calmly looked at her. And sighed.

"Kam'zul, you haven't changed your clothes. Every day you are more like our mom. Sis, you know if this continues, our mom will take control of that body, right?"

Kam'zul had a horrified look on her face.

"Really?"

Kam'ra shrugged his shoulders, unable to contain himself, and started laughing.

"Pff, hahaha."

Kam'zul just filled her cheeks and turned her head away.

"Brother, meany."

Kam'ra started stroking his sister's head. Kam'zul remembered what she originally asked.

"Don't try to change the subject, I saw you blushing a little."

Kam'ra lowered his head and sighed.

"I found a girl a while ago, and I really like her. Today, I wanted to tell her how much I love her, but my words got stuck in my throat, and before I could gather myself, she was gone."

I returned my gaze to him and slowly hugged him.

"Brother is amazing and will surely win that girl's heart. And what's her name anyway."

Kam'ra was a bit unsure.

"And won't you tell our parents?"

Kam'zul tilted her head with question marks above her head.

"Then why did you even tell me you like someone, this will be enough for our parents to make a big fuss."

Kam'ra opened his eye wide. As he thought about that girl, he didn't realize he practically told her everything, except for her name.

"Her name is Zel'bel."

Kam'zul's brain stopped functioning for a moment.

"Whaaaat. Zel'bel, that Zel'bel, she's one of the best Uzurnal players. How did you even meet her?"

Her brother just sat there.

"Well, now that you know who. Then you probably know I don't stand a chance."

Kam'zul just looked at her brother.

"No, I think brother has a great chance. After all, my brother is the best."

Kam'ra smiled and hugged his sister.

"Hahaha, and how was your day today?"

"Great, today our coach told us we'll be competing with other Uzurnal students from the neighboring city."

Kam'ra and Kam'zul talked for a while on the roof.

Suddenly Kam'ra started talking out of nowhere.

"Have you ever heard the legend of Boros?"

Kam'zul looked at him.

"No, I've never heard that legend."

Kam'ra began to tell the story, looking at the stars.

"One day, a Shen'la species gave birth to a child, it was a man who was arrogant, had no emotions, and usurped the entire Shen'la species. His name was Boros. One day he went mad. He started killing other species on the planet, blinded by bloodlust. Only the Shen'la species remained on the planet. And even that wasn't enough for him. He started killing all the Shen'la. For a while.

He was the most powerful and brutal of all rulers who ever lived."

Kam'zul just looked at her brother.

"And how did it continue, what happened to him?"

Kam'ra started talking and still looked at the stars.

"These things were lost in a time. But there was one more thing. The legend says that one day he will return."

The brother and sister looked at the stars. Until they heard someone's voices.

"Aaa, here we have them."

It was Kam'op and Kam'tzu, the parents.

They sat next to their children and watched the stars together.

(End of a chapter)

16