Chapter 1: The Book of Magic
45 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As he was walking back home from school, José was thinking about the programming classes he had taken, since although he liked the subjects, sometimes his logic failed him in certain cases.

José is a high school student specializing in programming. He is a man with black hair, brown eyes, 1.76 meters tall, and slightly overweight. And, as a good programmer, he wore glasses.

Because he was thinking about this, he strayed a bit from his usual path home and took a route he wasn't familiar with until he lifted his head, which had been bowed down, and realized where he was and said:

"Damn, I came down this completely messed up street."

Continuing to walk down the poorly made street by the corrupt and inefficient government, he noticed that in an old tree next to an abandoned house, there was a hole through which, thanks to the sunlight, something strange could be seen inside.

'What could that be,' José thought.

Approaching at a normal pace, José managed to see what appeared to be a thick book with a purple cover, a grey stone, and strange signs.

Reading the cover, it said "Complete Sealing Magic" by Alexander Urbina in an old Spanish that was still understandable.

Reacting to the name of the book, José said:

"Which idiot left a fantasy book inside a tree older than my granddad?"

So, with the notebook in hand which he decided to take home to read, he walked down the horrible street until he returned to the relatively good area and reached his home.

Upon opening the door, he said:

"I'm home, family!"

Hearing his familiar voice, his mom shouted from the kitchen, "Hello son, I made meatballs today, come and eat."

'Oh mother, meatballs sound delicious.'

José thought happily, as meatballs and meat in its juice were his favorite meals, and after a hard day at school, it was a great reward.

Heading to his room, he passed through his house, and upon seeing the door, he immediately opened it, entering his room, or as his family would call it, his "Cave."

Upon entering his room, he immediately started to take off his school uniform and put on casual clothes for home, and stored his school things in their respective places.

After all that, he went to the kitchen where he ate one of his favorite meals with his mom, dad, and sister as a family.

Returning to his room, he played video games on his computer for 2 hours, and after finishing, he saw that the book he had picked up from the tree was still there since he hadn't moved it, and seeing it there, he became curious about the book's content.

'Will it be like Percy Jackson or some similar novel?'

Upon opening it, it read "Brief Introduction to Magic, its Nature, and Everything about Magical Seals."

'It must be a book like those from DND, Potter more, or similar,' he thought it was some type of book used to explain concepts from the main books to expand explanations or concepts of the original universe.

While reading the book, he found it fun since he really liked movies about magic like "The Sorcerer's Apprentice," "Harry Potter," "Doctor Strange," etc.

As he read the explanations and found them relatively logical and not a bunch of nonsense, José began to jokingly try the first method of awakening mana, since this is the energy source for spells, and without it, spells were like a microwave without electricity, useless.

'First, I must place my dominant hand over the cover of the book, and then I must say, "Magic is the key to everything," with which I should feel something flowing within me.'

José thought a bit skeptically, but trying it wouldn't cost him money or time, so he did exactly as the book said.

Upon doing so, a blue light lit up in the dull stone at the center of the book, and instantly José felt as if another limb inside him had awakened.

'What the hell, oh my god.'

The book shone for a few seconds until it turned even grayer than before, as if it had done its last job.

'God, if this is true, then it means I have awakened the talent to perform magic.'

José tried to mobilize the mana he had awakened within him, but it didn't work at all; the mana was as if it weren't part of him but something external.

'There must be some method to mobilize it in the book.'

Opening the notebook and reaching the next page about the awakening of mana, José found a method through words and physical actions that could mobilize the mana in a certain route.

As he began to use it, the totally disobedient mana moved a bit in the direction he wanted, and seeing this, José was happy and said:

"Hahaha, the method works, I'll have to practice more."

.......

Opinions or places to improve please here.

 

I don't speak English well, so I write this book in Spanish and I translate it into English with chatgpt, this is my first own book and the first time I write, so if you see errors or places to improve, don't hesitate to tell me, also If you have answers to how to structure the story chapters and can tell me, I would appreciate it, thank you for reading!

1