Chapter 1
19 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Give it all you got Elle!"

"I won't hold back Old Hag!"

In the middle of a raging thunderstorm, Two feminin figures could be seen fighting to the last minute, they were match for match, equal in strength and in speed, every fist was blocked or countered, it seemed like neither side would win. At least it seemed that way until the younger girl seemed to get struck by lightning, however, it didn't harm her, in fact it seemed to help her, charging her fists with thunder.

Blinding strike after blinding strike came from the girl, and all the older one could do was block each attack. It wasn't long till that guard was broken however, with the flurry of punches being too much to handle. The older woman fell to the ground, coughing violently, she had used all her energy in the fight.

"Old Hag, I've surpassed you, can I fight in the tournament?"

*Cough!*"I keep my promises Elle, you can fight, now help your mother up."

The scene switches to a new one, one where the girl stands at the top that very hill next to a grave, the words 'Ari Halson, Mother' written on it. The girl places a bouquet of white flowers on the old woman's grave, only one tear ever falling from her eyes.

"I did it Old Hag, I got in, I can officially call myself a master fighter, I'll be fighting in the world championship soon."

Lightning gathered around the girls fist, before she punched a nearby tree in rage, destroying the likely centuries old tree in one punch. Her mother had died before she even saw her daughter win the championship, but she knew even if she was given one wish, she wouldn't wish for her mother back, the Old Hag had always said those who find immortality are unnatural demons.

Elle Chuckled at her mother's 'words of wisdom' many of them were just pointless advice, but one stuck out to her the most.

"Darkness cannot drive out Darkness, only Light can do that, just like how hate cannot stop hate, but love can. How fitting, the very thing I needed to solve my grief was the words of the one I'm grieving."

Elle walked back to her car and began the long drive to the world championship arena.

***

"Elizabeth Halson? You're up!"

Standing up from the bench, Elle began making her way to the main arena. She wore a simple sports bra and gym shorts with a small black jacket over everything, her long white hair tied into a ponytail and beautiful red eyes focused on the enemy in front of her. He was a mountain of a man, his body twice the size of Elle, He wore gloves as large as her torso.

Elle took a fighting stance, her fists wrapped in bandages and charged with lightning. Her opponent saw who he was up against and laughed, expecting an easy battle.

"What's a puny girl like you going to do against me, Sergi the Destroyer?"

Elle just clicked her tongue at the pride of the man, and as the announcer counted down she remembered her mother's words on fighting large opponents.

'Elle, Remember, the larger an enemy is, the more they can take, but when they fall, they fall hard, and struggle to get back up, So never let a large opponent stand back up.'

"Ready! Fight!"

The two ran at each other, the man's body covered in a metallic sheen, Elle smiled at this, Lightning aura beats out Metal aura since it just conducts the electricity faster. She swept her leg under the man, knocking him over and began to send a flurry of lightning fast punches into the man's chest.

The man just smirked and released his aura, throwing Elle off him as he stood back up, his fist coated in rocks now. Elle released her aura in response, and her body became covered in her purple lightning, however, ice formed over her fists. Seeing this battle reach this point the announcer commented on their transformations.

"Here we have it folks, a truly heated battle between The Storm Queen and The Destroyer, both are master class fighter with dual aura affinities, and while The Destroyer specializes in endurance battles, Our Storm Queen specializes in defeating enemies quickly, how will this battle turn out?"

Elle stomped the ground, causing charged ice crystals to begin to form as spikes, attempting to impale her enemy, but the ice was snapped by the tough metal skin of her opponent. Her opponent began to charge her, rock spikes forming into a sharp crown on his head, dodging, Elle began to rush her opponent again, her fists barely making a dent in the man's defence.

His rock-metal dual aura negated the effects of her lightning, making her rely on her ice, however, she wasn't using her full power in this battle, she was a dual aura fighter, she was a triple aura fighter. Elle lowered her aura before undoing her hair, letting it float around her as she charged her aura once more, the hair band serving as a seal on her power during fights.

Rocks began to float around her as gravity began to weaken, her body now coated in lightning, ice forming on her fists, and her hair floating above her like a halo. The man was surprised by his opponent's sudden power boost, but he didn't falter, no he felt more alive than ever. The announcer noticed the power boost and recognized the reveal of a third affinity from Elle, now excited to see her fight again.

"Folks, we have an unprecedented development here, The Storm Queen has revealed that she was in fact a triple aura user, Elizabeth Halson The Gravity Well!"

Suddenly, the gravity in the arena increased drastically, forcing the man to the ground, and rocks and various other loose objects began to pelt him. Elle didn't let up, instead she doubled down, throwing a flurry of attacks into the man, his defence breaking as he fell unconscious from the lack of blood in his brain.

"We have our winner folks, Give it up for Elizabeth Halsom, The Gravity Well!"

The crowd cheered, the fight was a beautiful display of power from both sides. Fighting was the way of this world, everyone from the workers to the nobility know how to fight and use aura, but only some can reach the master class like Elle. Suddenly, the ground under her began to rumble, as the ground split and cracked, a tower rising from the earth.

The tower was tall, taller than the sky, and made of white marble, out of the entrance came a man in a white robe normally worn by fighters of the Shang school of fighting, he was old, with a long grey beard and long grey hair. His aura was like that of a god and even Elle couldn't help but feel afraid of the man.

"People of Ru! I am the God of Martial Arts, I have recognized this worlds potential, and had opened up my tower for you to challenge, those who reach the top will be granted status as a god, I hope you can complete my trial."

Everyone in the world heard the announcement, and for the next few months, fighters from around the world attempted the challenge of the God Tower, Elle was no exception.

0