Chapter 4
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They walked to the back door and went outside. There shouldn't usually be people behind the stores. There was a special alley for shop and stall owners, but now it was difficult to say for sure. It will take you 500 meters to get to the car, if not more. Screams could be heard at times. Kyle ran along the alley, and Lena was right behind him. They saw several people running ahead. Fortunately, they didn’t stay in the store for too long. Maybe 10-15 minutes passed so far. Even if there were many more primal zombies around there were thousands if not tens of thousands of people in this bazaar, they would have to be very unlucky to meet one of the primals.

From the outside, Kyle and Laura looked like two well-equipped fighters, so there were people who followed them in the hope of getting a little sense of security getting out of here. Some even asked permission to join or asked for help. Kyle couldn't take care of everyone he met, so he ignored them and continued running towards his destination.

Soon they had to turn and run past the shopping arcades. There were even more people, fortunately not enough to create a crowd.

A woman of about forty jumped out of one of the counters and walked straight towards Kyle, screaming.

- Help! Police! Save me!

Seeing that she was not a zombie, Kyle decided to simply ignore her and run on, but to his surprise, the woman literally grabbed his legs, continuing to sob and scream.

- Let me go you crazy bitch, what are you doing?! - Kyle flared up, but did not immediately use force.

However, the woman was clearly out of her mind and continued to hang on him asking for help and creating unnecessary noise.

One of the men who joined them grabbed the woman by the hair, pulled her towards him and gave her a juicy blow to the face. She finally unstuck from Kyle and fell to the ground, trying to comprehend what had happened.

Kyle immediately ran on. He couldn’t help everyone he met, especially since this woman was clearly hysterical or had problems with her head. He was even grateful to the man for saving him from the need to take extreme measures himself. Looking towards the man, he noticed that he had nothing with him at all, not even a stick. As he ran, he took out one of the spare stun guns and handed it to the man.

- It only works up close, can you figure it out? - asked Kyle

- I’ll figure it out. Anyway my name is Vadim, thank you. - the man answered.

They ran further and the parking lot was already visible. However, there were a lot of people here, and apparently it was simply impossible to leave the parking lot now.

One of the guys, about twenty years old, responded.

- My car is not in the parking lot, I left it on the highway on this side, we can go through the field. - he pointed the direction.

No one had any better ideas, so they decided to go around the parking lot and headed towards the field. There was definitely a zombie in the parking lot, people were screaming and running around like headless chickens, but in this chaos it was difficult to immediately understand where exactly this zombie was. In any case, they stayed away from crowds. Just a little longer and they will leave the market area.

While running through the next shopping row, they still came across the zombie, fortunately this one was not equipped.

Primal Zombie

An inscription appeared as soon as Kyle looked at the old man who was literally gnawing the flesh of some girl. She was already dead, or at least showed no signs of life. As soon as they saw the zombie, it immediately turned its attention to them and rushed at one of the women at the back of the group. She began to run away in horror.

- Stop! Hide behind me, where are you running?! - Kyle shouted and went to intercept zombie.

The woman came to her senses in time and hid behind Kyle. He put his shield forward and barely managed to intercept the primal one. He crashed into the shield and Kyle was carried a couple of steps back, but he still kept his balance. The zombie did not fight against the shield again, but decided to go around Kyle’s back, so again he had to go to intercept him. But this time the zombie did not allow himself to be stopped and, without any problems, bypassed Kyle and rushed at the defenseless victim behind him, after all, the zombie was simply faster.

The zombie was covered in blood and looked nowhere near as normal as the first one Kyle had seen; its very appearance caused nausea and horror. The group consisted of 12 people, but few of them had any semblance of weapons, and they were not eager to engage in battle with zombies. They started trying to get away in horror, someone ran into someone, several people fell to the floor, the rest ran away in all directions. In such a turmoil, the zombie easily chose one of the fallen ones and bit into his neck, tearing off a tasty piece. Blood gushed out. Almost everyone screamed, both the guy who was bitten and the others.

Kyle rushed at the zombie and tried to hit him on the head with a baton, but after he bit off a large piece of the guy’s neck, the zombie simply twisted his neck and was looking for the next victim, so he reacted to the attack and again grabbed the baton with an iron grip. Kyle tried to snatch the baton, but the zombie held it in a vice and sharply pulled it towards himself. Leaning forward by inertia, Kyle put his shield in front of him and let go of the club. The zombie grabbed the edge of the shield and moved it to the side at the same time as he was about to strike with the selected club. Kyle panicked.

However, Vadim ran up to the zombie from behind and used the shocker at the right moment. A crash sounded and the zombie twitched and fell on the already dead victim, letting go of both the shield and the club.

Without hesitation, Kyle again grabbed the baton with both hands and began hitting the zombie on the head with all his might. One hit, two, three. He struck again and again, putting in all the strength he had left, and at the same time releasing the accumulated stress and horror. When the zombie pushed his shield aside and was about to strike, Kyle got really scared. He had never experienced such horror before and therefore he felt residual fear, shame and hatred, all these emotions he put into his blows again and again.

- Enough! - said Vadim.

Kyle stopped. What was left of the zombie’s head was a complete mess, blood mixed with brains splashed around, including Kirill himself. He was breathing heavily and staring at all this mess, for some reason he didn’t even feel nauseated, he was too exhausted physically, and above all mentally. Those around were horrified, someone vomited.

Having come to his senses a little, he looked into Vadim’s eyes and nodded. If the first time Vadim simply did him a favor by freeing him from the need to bother himself with the woman who was clinging to him along the way, this time Vadim saved his life. You can trust someone like that and Kyle now needed people who could be trusted. He’s also not made of iron, he can’t handle it on his own, he needs a smart group, otherwise there’s simply no way. These are not the zombies that you can chop from left to right without much effort.

-The corpse... is missing. - one of the men said with horror.

There are only 6 people left from the group. The rest ran away. Everyone turned around and looked at the place where the original one was eating the girl. Blood and pieces of flesh remained, but the girl was not there. Even Kyle shuddered from the realization that the corpse had come to life not far from them. Perhaps he was chasing one of the escapees. Screams in the vicinity of the bazaar sounded periodically and no one paid much attention to them.

Kyle stood up and found the strength to move forward; now there was no time for thinking.

- Follow me. - Kyle wheezed.

0