Chapter 1: Direction
29 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was a bright afternoon, the sea breeze carries a gentle salt smell, the weather was perfect. A lone building sat upon the cliff overlooking a sea, an abandoned church. There lies a single boy on the church backyard staring at a graveyard "May Marie Vilidi return to the embrace of Gaia 721-756". He grabbed a shovel and start digging the grave. The boy remembers what his mother told him before she passed away, "Gin, when I passed away make sure you plant this seed on top of my graveyard. Take this as my last wish". It was a blue seed, said to be a Bluenovum flower, a flower that Gin got from his father 7 years ago before he went on another journey around the world.

With an empty stare the boy looked at the graveyard while holding a leather-bound book on his right-hand side. He held the book tighter, pondering whether he should throw the book away or not. The book always reminds him of his father, it was a journal kept by his mother outlining the adventure of his father, the book was kept and updated every time his father went home. Last time was 7 years ago, Gin does not know whether his father is alive or not, but he does not like the fact that his father left him and his sick mother to her deathbed alone.

as he realized that he is now alone in this village, with only his father left as his family. Gin is the last member of his family that stayed in the small mountainous coast village in the Continent of Luse. The village name is Kinnalen, it was just another village that was built when the expedition to go to the western continent was the trend. Yet this village is also the village where her mother ended her journey.

Both of his parents used to be a researcher they seemed to fell in love when they were in university and they went on a long journey together which ended in Kinnalen due to her mother contracting a certain disease from their journey.  

As the sun shone brighter with the passing of the time, Gin decided to go home, he traveled with an empty mind, realizing the truth that his mother just passed away. A now empty home is what awaits him. His mother did not leave him any instruction or dream her last message was simply to plan the Bluenovum flower on top of her grave. Being a young 16 years old boy Gin was lost on how to proceed with his life, he has no certain aspiration nor a specialty, simply said he is not a hero material.

********

 As Gin lied on his bed for hours not being able to sleep, he seems to made up his mind on what to do. Gin decided that he want to punch his father’s face and find him on his travel. He might be alone here, but he still had family out there somewhere, assuming his father is even alive now.

“Where do I start?” a question was raised from Gin’s head. He opened the leather journal and start skimming it from the latest entry made by his mother.

Lang said he found the trace of the world tree near an ancient ruin in southern part of Luse

Near the kingdom of Beluze…problem with the locals as the ruin is sacred to them.

I wish him a saf- ….”

Gin closed the book after he took the key point of the journal, he pulls a notebook with a green cover and wrote. His mother taught him the essential of documenting his thought and purpose and Gin carry on that habit.

“1. Southern Luse, near Kingdom of Beluze, ancient ruins, local, world tree”

Closing his personal notebook, he started thinking on what he should do to prepare. He had a job at the bakery near the town, he should talk to the old man that he will go around the world to find his father. After that, he should write a message for his father saying that he will be travelling to find him. In case his father went home when Gin is searching for him, his father would have seen the message and goes after his own steps Gin hope.

Finalizing his thought Gin finally started to feel sleepy and slowly drowse into a sleep.

 

 

 

0