Volume 02 Chapter 08
26 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Having bid farewell to Instructor Aid, I stood in front of the entrance to the Comprehensive Guild, shaking my head to shift my focus.

 

"Alright... If Instructor Aid's directions were correct, then if I continue straight ahead to the left, I should reach the residence of Duke Valdek, right?"

 

As I strolled through the cityscape towards Duke Valdek's mansion, the building he mentioned came into view.

 

"There it is."

 

After uttering those words, I hastened my steps towards the front of the mansion.

 

It's been a while since I last met Duke Valdek...

 

"Excuse me, guards."

 

Approaching the front of the mansion, I addressed the two individuals standing equipped with weapons. They both turned their attention towards me simultaneously.

 

They're probably guards hired by Duke Valdek to protect the mansion, right? It would be embarrassing if I got the wrong mansion.

 

"Hmm? Do you need something from Duke Valdek?"

 

"Yes, I would like to see Duke Valdek. Is he available now?"

 

For some reason, the two exchanged glances before turning back to me.

 

"Excuse us, but are you Lady Elrina?"

 

"Y-Yes, that's correct."

 

Upon hearing my response, the two of them inexplicably shimmered with excitement.

 

"Just as we suspected! We'll inform Duke Valdek right away! Let's go, partner!"

 

"Yeah!"

 

With that declaration, the guards opened the gate and dashed off towards the mansion together.

 

"Wait, hold on!? What about the security here... they're gone. The gate's wide open..."

 

As I was speaking, they came back already! That was fast!?

 

"Lady Elrina, please come inside!"

 

"Nelson is waiting for you in the guest room, so we'll guide you there!"

 

Wait, did this person just say 'we'?

 

"Um, what about the security here?"

 

Once again, the two exchanged glances before turning to me. Are these two really close?

 

"Don't worry! Lady Elrina! We've got it covered!"

 

"Just like before, you can quickly go to the guest room and then back to the gate!"

 

"Do you expect me to rush to the guest room and then rush back to the gate!? In front of Duke Valdek!? That's rude, isn't it!?"

 

Once again, they exchanged glances before facing me. Could they please stop this synchronized behavior?

 

"Hey!? That's not good! What should we do, brother?"

 

"Are you stupid!? Just one of you can take her to the guest room normally!"

 

"Which one of us should stay behind?"

 

Are you seriously asking me!? I'm fed up with these people... I'm starting to feel exhausted.

 

"What are you two talking about? It's decided that one of you will take care of the guest, right?"

 

Huh? I heard a voice from the mansion.

 

I shifted my gaze from the guards to the mansion door, where a dapper man in a black suit stood. He stepped forward before the guards and gave me a courteous smile and a nod.

 

"Nice to meet you, I am Meldin Gordon, butler serving under Duke Valdek. I shall be at your service, Lady Elrina."

 

"Nice to meet you, Meldin-san. I'm Elrina."

 

I must acknowledge his knowledge of my name, but I can't forget to be polite. It's important to start and end with courtesy; a bad first impression can lead to trouble later.

 

"Now, Lady Elrina, please allow me to escort you to the guest room."

 

"Yes, of course."

 

Wow... the garden is beautifully maintained. I've truly stepped into a noble's home. Ah, lying down on that grass looks so comfortable. But I bet I'd get scolded if I actually did it.

 

Lost in my thoughts, I arrived at the mansion door.

 

"Please, come inside."

 

Meldin-san opened the door and gestured for me to enter beside him.

 

Wow, he's a pro! A skilled butler stands before me, not just any ordinary servant! This is amazing... I'm touched!

 

"I, I'm coming in..."

 

I said that and stepped inside the mansion.

 

"Phew... it's a beautiful mansion."

 

"Yes, the servants clean it every day."

 

"Wow..."

 

Not a speck of dust, not a single stain on the hallway floor. The servants Duke Valdek has employed might be of high caliber!

 

Ignoring my dazzled state, Meldin-san stood by the door two paces ahead from where I stood.

Knock, knock!

"What is it?"

"Nelson-sama, Lady Elrina is here."

"Let her in."

After opening the door, Mr. Meldin turned towards me.

"Lady Elrina, please."

"Oh, yes."

After replying, I entered the guest room.

"What?! This is amazinggggg!"

In front of me were a simple desk and chair, and beyond that, a wide window overlooking the garden, allowing one to enjoy tea while admiring the scenery.

The room was minimally decorated, giving it a clean feeling, and it seemed to be well maintained, perhaps cleaned daily, with the furniture neatly arranged. I couldn't help but feel attached to this room.

"Hehe, it's been a while, Elrina. How do you like this guest room?"

"Oh, it's been a long time! Duke Valdeck, it's a very lovely room!"

Duke Valdeck nodded happily.

"I thought so. This room is the most cherished place in the mansion, our pride and joy. I'm glad you like it."

As Duke Valdeck appeared delighted, I noticed the woman sitting beside him.

"Um, Duke Valdeck?"

"Hmm, what is it?"

"Is the lady next to you your wife?"

I said, gazing at the busty beauty with red hair.

Wow, she's got a bigger chest than me! What cup size is she?

"Oh, I forgot to introduce her. The person sitting next to me is my wife, Ainya."

The woman, Ainya, began to greet me as she looked at me.

"Nice to meet you, I am Ainya Dia Valdeck. Pleased to make your acquaintance."

"Pleased to meet you, Ainya-sama. My name is Elrina."

"Now that introductions are out of the way, Elrina, please sit there."

"Yes."

After replying, I sat in the chair opposite Duke Valdeck.

"Now, Elrina, there are many things I want to discuss, but first, let me thank you again for what you did. Thank you for protecting me, Elrina."

T-thank you for thanking meeee?!

"Meowww!"

My face, my face is burningggggg?!

"Thank you for saving my husband. If it weren't for you, I don't know what would have happened by now."

"Meow, mewwww, mewwwww~"

Stop it already!! I'm going to lose itttt?!

"Ainya, your true self is showing!"

"Oh, it's fine. Since she's not a noble, it's okay to speak casually. But, she's as bashful as I imagined. This is entertaining to watch."

Am I being toyed with?

"I'm sorry, Elrina. Ainya is always like this."

"I-I'm not botheeeered... meowww...."

Let's not overthink this, let's not overthink thisssss... meowwww...

0