Volume 03 Chapter 18
16 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"You're truly something else! Are you genuinely reflecting on your actions!?"
"...Yes."
In the reception room of the capital's Comprehensive Guild, there stood Aid, looking down with a hand on his hip, his voice laced with anger, and Elreina, kneeling on the floor, looking up with a frightened expression.
How did things end up like this? To briefly explain the situation, after emerging from the labyrinth, we hurried back to the capital to report to the Comprehensive Guild. Upon arrival, we reported to the receptionist, eager to inform the guild of what had transpired.
The person in charge of us then led me and Ms. Peach to the reception room, saying, "Wait here while I fetch Instructor Aid." Without a minute's delay, Instructor Aid swung open the door, his breath heavy and his gaze sharp as he glared at me in anger.
"You messed up the plan to keep the Hero away, didn't you!? Do you have any idea how hard President Valdeck and the others worked to devise that plan? Huh!?"
"B-but... If we had just left the Hero alone..."
"What!?"
"Eek!"
Aid's face bore a frightening expression unlike any I had seen before as he looked down at me.
Apologize! I need to apologize now before things spiral out of control!!
"I-I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Please forgive me! I won't do something like this again, so please, forgive meeeee!"
Tears streaming down my face, I bowed repeatedly, hands touching the ground, begging for forgiveness.
"Aid-chan, isn't that enough? Rainer-chan seems to be repenting too... right?"
"B-but, Peach-san..."
"Also, do you think it's acceptable as a young man to make a girl cry like this, Aid-chan?"
At Peach's words, Aid alternated between looking at me and Peach before lowering his gaze and sighing deeply, then turning back to Peach.
"I'm sorry. I let my emotions get the best of me and said something uncalled for."
"Just understand that!"
"I'll reflect on my actions too."
With that, Aid turned back towards me, causing me to tense up.
"Ah, agh!? Ugh!?"
"Don't be so scared. I was out of line to get so angry."
"Yes... Sniff!"
"Now then. You understand the dire situation we're in, don't you?"
"...Yes."
As I wiped away my tears, I continued speaking.
"With things having come to this, the Heroes will surely come to recruit us, won't they?"
The Heroes were in the clubroom, apparently taken care of by someone else.
Melteena-san said it would be okay, but... Is it really going to be okay?
"That's not all. We must also report to King Reedgarum that you helped the Heroes. Do you understand that?"
"Yes, I understand. I don't see an issue with that."
I think it'll be fine because Duke Valdeck will keep it under wraps.
"No, there is an issue."
"Eh!? W-what kind of issue?"
"We absolutely must report this to the Luxlord Empire."
"Eh!?"
Absolutely must report... So that means the Emperor of the Empire will know my name, right? Moreover, they'll probably start saying things like, "Please fight alongside us as part of our party," won't they? ...It might be best to confirm.
"In addition to reporting the appearance of the demon in the dungeon, are we also reporting that I helped the Heroes to the Empire?"
"Yeah, sorry... but that's the plan."
"Is it impossible to keep this one secret like last time?"
"Sorry, but this time it's impossible."
"Aghhhhhh!"
Shocked by Aid's immediate response, I groaned and hung my head.
"A-Aid-san..."
"What is it?"
"Isn't there anything your guild can do to help? Anything at all!?"
"Agh! Please!"
Aid, taken aback by my pleading, responded while I clung to his waist and cried out.
"I'm sorry. But truly, this time, there's nothing we can do. After all, our guild is the one that summoned the Heroes. We have a duty to report."
"Sniff!? We have a duty to report because our guild summoned the Heroes?"
With tears in her eyes, Ellyna nodded at me and then began to explain.
"You see, Ellyna, our Comprehensive Guild has an obligation to report to the country that summoned the heroes in case something happens to them. It's a duty established by our guild. We're also instructed to provide information about their whereabouts whenever possible."
"So, basically, the Comprehensive Guild backs up the heroes, and since the heroes know our faces and names this time, there's no way to hide it, right?"
"...I'm truly sorry, but yes, that's the situation."
"Uwaaaaaaaahhhh!?"
My freedom has been taken away~... It's over for me~...
As I slumped in despair, someone gently patted my head.
"Huh?"
"Ellyna-chan, you shouldn't make such a sad face."
"Peet-san, sniff... But...?"
"I'll firmly refuse if I ever get invited."
"Sob!? ...Refuse?"
Well, I don't think you'll ever get invited...
"That's right! So, Ellyna-chan, keep refusing with that determination!"
"...Yes, I will."
As they stood up, the two of them began to speak while facing each other.
"If heroes try to recruit me, I'll refuse too!"
Even if they persistently try to recruit me, I'll only say NO! Alright, let's do this!
"Thanks to Peet-san, I feel relieved now. Thank you!"
"Hehe, I'm glad you're feeling better!"
"Peet-san, you're my savior of the heart!"
"Oh, you're making me blush, I'm so happy!"
"...Well, I suppose it's good that you're feeling better."
Aide said softly, watching the two of them frolic with a gentle smile, then there was a light knock on the door.
"What's up?"
"It's me, Aid. Can I come in?"
"Guild Master, was it? Please come in!"
"Don't worry about it. More importantly, is it okay if I come in?"
"Yes, it's fine!"
With a flustered expression, Aid opened the door and invited Guild Master Ramul into the reception room.
"Please, come in."
"Very well, excuse me. You two may come in as well."
As Guild Master Ramul said that, the heroes entered the room with apologetic expressions.
"We're sorry for intruding..."
"Sorry for disturbing..."
"Excuse us..."
"Oh, have the heroes finished their discussion with the people from the church?"
"Yes... Thank you for helping us today!"
As he said this, he hurriedly bowed deeply, startlingly waving his hands in front of his face.
"Please, heroes, lift your heads! It wasn't such a big deal!"
"No, if you hadn't been there, we would have been killed by Dozum. And we've learned something from this battle."
"Learned something?"
As soon as I asked, he showed a troubled expression and began to speak with a sad voice.
"You know that we fought demons in the empire, right?"
"Yes, I know."
"I've heard about it through rumors."
While Aide nodded, I shook my head in denial.
"I don't know, so please continue without worrying."
I'll ask Aide later about the story of fighting demons.
"Yes, while we were training in the empire, demons suddenly appeared before us, and we fought them off with our own strength. At that time, we were happy thinking, 'We won! We protected everyone! We drove away the demons with our own power!'... but!"
He lowered his head and fell silent, tears streaming down his face as he clenched his fists.
"In this battle, I realized... We, I mean, we were just happy to have defeated the demons, we were just caught up in the moment!"
"No, I don't think so. Anyone would be happy to win. 'No, that's not it!'"
Before I could follow up, I was interrupted mid-sentence.
"Dosem said it! The enemies we faced in the Empire were the weakest! And when we fought Dosem, we were easily handled, and then defeated with just one blow!"
Indeed, that was true. And he was getting in my way at that time too.
"...So I feel pathetic. Like we were just arrogant fools? That's what I'm thinking..."
"Daiki."
"Daiki."
The two girls leaned in towards Daiki, who looked frustrated.
"Daiki-san, we understand you're frustrated. What do you plan to do now?"
"We'll go back to the Luxlard Empire and start training from scratch. We can't fight guys like Dosem if we don't want to end up dead."
"What!?"
Upon hearing Daiki's words, Peach-san and I exclaimed in surprise.
"Hey, what's up with you two?"
"Um, well... We thought you were going to recruit us, so..."
No! We were going to insist on a firm no.
"Huh, recruit? Are you asking us to join you!?"
The girl next to him drove her fist forcefully into his stomach, causing Daiki to collapse to the floor.
"What are you doing? M...Mikai?"
"The church people said not to let them join the party. Didn't you forget?"
"Daiki, you need to keep your promises."
"Cough!? Cough!? Even Iori is saying that... I messed up."
Though he could speak, he still couldn't get up from the ground after being punched in the gut. Is he really okay? Is his internal organs alright?
"I apologize for showing you such an unsightly scene."
"No, it's okay... Yeah."
"We'd also like to thank both of you."
"Yeah, thanks."
"Ufufu~! Despite everything, I'm glad you're both safe! Well, it's all thanks to the strong and lovely Laina-chan!"
"What!?"
My body... my body is reacting... whyyyy!?
"Auuu~... Uuuu~!"
"Is that person blushing okay?"
"Oh, it's nothing unusual for them."
"While we're not going to recruit you, there's something else..."
"Is there something else?"
"I'm sorry, but..."
As Mikai said this, she grabbed Laina's hand, blushing, and pulled her closer.
"Could you lend us this person for just one day?"
"What!?"
"What do you intend to do with Laina?"
"We're just going shopping together!"
"I want to take her around because she's cute. Shopping."
"Huh? Eeeeeeeeeeeeh!?"
Why are you trying to take me around!?
"I see. Well, I don't mind."
No, Aid-san, please help me!!
"I'll conduct the exam as planned from my end, so don't worry. You don't have to worry about that."
Lamuel-san! You're actually being a hindrance, so could you leave already? That's the look you're giving, right!?
"I don't mind at all! Have fun playing with the girls!"
Eeeeh!? Peach-san! I'd rather you help me than just see me off, you know!?
"I'll go, mugu!?"
Why are you covering my mouth!?
"Then, we'll be going!"
"We'll be going."
"Take care!"
"Take care!"
"Mmm! Muguuu~!"
Wait! Are you just going to ignore my opinion!?
Being taken by the arms by Mikai and Iori, I was dragged out of the reception room and taken to various places and shops.
I heard later that Melteena-san and another goddess had used their messengers to ask the heroes to teach her about girl etiquette, as she had been raised as a boy until now and lacked female common sense.
And the only thing I learned from being dragged around by the two of them this time was just one thing.
Being a girl is really tough, huh!?

0