Volume 04 Chapter 02
17 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Having thoroughly listened to Aid-san and the others' story, I grasped the situation. However, now there are various problems, and I find myself in a bit of a dilemma.

 

"Well, um... so, in other words, you want to have that girl in the kimono lying there, Miharu-chan, accompany us in a supportive role, right?"

 

"Yeah, that's right."

 

"And furthermore, the reason for her observation is that since reaching D rank, her quest success rate has decreased, and she has caused trouble and disputes when partying with others. So, she wants to observe and learn from my way of fighting. Is that correct, Aid-san?"

 

"Yeah, that's right. And so, knowing all that, would you mind having that kid who came at you join us?"

 

Upon Aid-san's inquiry, I alternated my gaze between the girl fainting on the floor and Aid-san, letting out a sigh.

 

Well, there's no helping it. It's for the sake of Aid-san and Ramiel-san.

 

"I have no problem with her accompanying us, but there's one thing I'd like to confirm."

 

"What is it?"

 

"I hope she won't interfere with my test. If she could wait in the back except when she feels it's dangerous... is that okay?"

 

"Of course, that's the plan from the beginning."

 

Aid Instructor being by her side, he should stop her if she tries anything... probably.

 

"Sorry, Miss El. To ensure my disciple doesn't cause trouble in the dungeon, I'll make sure to talk to her. So, rest assured."

 

"Thank you! Um..."

 

This person referred to that girl as his disciple, so he's her mentor, right? Come to think of it, I haven't even asked for her name.

 

"Come to think of it, I haven't mentioned my name. I'm Sidneyel Lat Hondou. Just call me Sid."

 

"Eh!?"

 

"Hm, what's wrong?"

 

Lat Hondou... could it be?

 

"Could it be... are you by any chance a family member of Mr. Guel?"

 

"...Ah, yes. That's right. Guel is my brother. By any chance, are you acquainted with my big brother?"

 

Hmm, what is it? It felt like my face tensed just now... or is it just my imagination?

 

"Yes. Referring to Mr. Guel as your big brother means you're his younger brother?"

 

"Hahaha! That's right. Guel is my big brother. He joined the military because he could use a sword, but I couldn't handle weapons like swords or bows. That's why I couldn't join the military."

 

"You couldn't handle swords or bows? Do you use blunt weapons like hammers or tonfas?"

 

"No, it's different."

 

Sidneyel shook his head while denying.

 

The knife at his waist is for dismantling, and there seems to be no sign of him carrying hidden or concealed weapons... What kind of weapon does Sidneyel use?

 

"Hmm?"

 

"If you don't know the answer, I'll tell you. My weapon is this!"

 

Saying that, he put both hands forward and struck a fighting pose.

 

It looks similar to a boxing pose. Could it be?!

 

"Is it martial arts?"

 

"Exactly. Equipped with gloves and using magic to enhance physical abilities, I fight!"

 

"Oh!"

 

Defeating enemies with martial arts. What a cool way to fight!

 

"By the way, what's your weapon? Is the knife on your waist your weapon?"

 

I should probably show it to him. I had to put away the JERICHO941PSL since I couldn't show it to the children.

 

"Well, you see. Um..."

 

"Hey, Master! Why are you hitting Miharu!?"

 

"Ah!"

Whilst fiddling with the screen to retrieve his assault rifle, Michal-chan, who had fallen, rose while clutching her head with her hand.

"Michal... Are you awake already?"

"Ugh... My head hurts because of Sensei!"

"You were probably hit by me because you were about to do something stupid... Isn't that right?"

"Michal didn't do anything wrong..."

Observing Michal-chan's sullen expression, Sidney-san began to respond, furrowing his brows.

"Oh? Then why did you challenge Ellyna, who's attempting the Class D promotion test tomorrow, to a match, hmm?"

Oh my, Sidney-san looks intimidating.

"W-Well... Michal... just wanted to... assess her... her abilities... that's all..."

With each word, her voice grew softer until she eventually retreated behind me, hiding.

"Why are you hiding behind me?"

"B-Because... Sensei is scary..."

"Just because I'm scary doesn't mean you should hide behind me! And you're the one who did something wrong, Michal-chan!"

Doesn't she feel embarrassed hiding behind the opponent she challenged? Look, Sidney-san seems incredulous.

"Haa... You'll have a match with Ellyna tomorrow. And if, due to the injuries inflicted during that match, she can't participate in the Class D promotion test... what will you do?"

"Um... I think... I'll just... use a potion to heal her..."

"What if the injuries aren't something a potion can fix? How will you take responsibility then?"

"Ugh! Uuuuuhhh!"

Ah... She looks like she's about to cry because she can't retort.

"Michal, do you have anything to say to us for causing trouble?"

"...I'm sorry."

As Michal-chan apologized with a lowered head, I smiled warmly at her, but for some reason, she turned towards me with a sullen expression.

Why should I be the one scolded? It's your fault!! She seems to want to say that.

This kid hasn't reflected at all!!

"W-Well, anyway, please take care of things tomorrow, alright?"

"Hmph! Once we enter the dungeon, I'll show you Michal's abilities! Look forward to it!!"

"You're supposed to be supporting Ellyna's test, so you shouldn't take the lead!"

Aid-san and Sidney-san started scolding Michal-chan with me in the middle.

This kid... Oh, by the way, I noticed that the communication with the gods had been cut off somehow. I didn't realize.

Hmm... I wonder if she had some business to attend to and cut off the communication? But isn't it impolite to cut it off without saying anything?

At that time, the gods were...

"Are you truly remorseful, I wonder!!"

"Yes, we are truly sorry. We apologize!"

With their hands on their hips, Meltenus scolded while the two gods, Litreas and Reath, bowed their heads on the floor in a formal apology, the so-called dogeza.

"You two, while I was working diligently, were you just slacking off?"

"W-We weren't slacking off, Meltenus-chan! We were just taking a break, you know~... um!"

"I also took a break because my work had reached a stopping point~... yes."

"Why did your break last for more than thirty minutes? Hm?"

"Ugh!? Well, you see..."

"Umm... well, you know..."

Seeing the two of them sweating and avoiding eye contact, Meltenus began speaking with a bewildered expression.

"Haa... well, I suppose it's fine. It's a waste of time doing this anyway."

"Does that mean you'll forgive us!?"

"Yes, it's fine now."

Upon hearing those words, the two of them started to sit down, their faces showing signs of exhaustion.

"Phew, it's finally over!"

"Ouch! My legs are numb and won't move!"

"By the way, Gairus-sama..."

"Yeah, what is it?"

"Could you please handle the processing of these documents... please!!"

Thunk!!

"Huh? ...Aaagh!!"

With Meltenus's shout, the god who was handling the documents was forcefully struck on the knee with a pile of papers, feeling intense pain and numbness throughout his leg, causing him to groan in agony.

"T-That's horrible! You're horrible, Meltenus-chan!!"

"I simply 'placed' the documents on your knee, I haven't done anything wrong."

Feeling fear from Meltenus's smiling face, the god trembled in terror.

Oh, that expression is dangerous. It's best not to defy her right now.

"And Litreas-san..."

"Y-Yes!"

"Your superior was looking for you earlier. I think it's best for you to return to your job quickly, don't you?"

"Oh, yes! I understand! But my legs are numb, so I can't move. Could you please help me up... please?"

Litreas said, reaching out her hand... but!!

"Sorry, but please get up on your own."

With a smile, Meltenus said so, never taking her hand.

"Huh!?"

Oh, she's merciless... There's not a shred of kindness in her!!

"Well then, I'll return to my workplace. Excuse me."

"W-Wait a moment!!"

"Yes, what is it?"

"Don't abandon us!"

"Yes! It's cruel of you, Meltenus-san!"

"The numbness in our legs will go away with time. And if you want it to heal quickly, why not use magic?"

"According to the regulations of the Celestial Realm, the use of healing magic is prohibited except for serious injuries. You know that rule, right!?"

"Yes, I'm aware. And I also have no spare time, so I'm leaving now."

"No way~! Don't abandon us~!"

"We need your help~!"

"...The numbness in your legs will fade with time."

With tears streaming down their faces, Meltenus said to the two pleading for help, then returned to her workplace with a smile on her face.

0