Volume 05 Chapter 17
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 "Oh.... Ohhh!?"

 

 I am presently astonished by the sight before me. Why, you ask? Well, it's because, in the process of washing and caring for Ms. Myurina's hair and body, she has transformed to an astonishing degree!

 

 "Is this... really me?"

 

 Myurina mutters incredulously as she gazes at her reflection in the mirror.

 

 Smooth skin devoid of imperfections and hair so silky that not even a comb would dare to resist. Truly, the epitome of feminine perfection stands before us!

 

 "Just how neglected was your skincare routine, Ms. Myurina?!"

 

 "I-I've been taking care of it properly! It's just that the detergent El El uses is incredibly effective!!"

 

 "Really now?"

 

 "I've used soap and detergent made from fruit seeds before, but I've never seen liquid detergent like this."

 

 Buying daily necessities is such a hassle, so I get everything done at the store. Uh oh! I might have stepped on another landmine!

 

 "W-Well, in the place I came from, liquid detergent became common to use... I-I see... They don't sell it here, huh..."

 

 "Hmm, is that so? But it seems suspicious, doesn't it?"

 

 Was that reaction too forced?

 

 "Oh well. If we keep Amy and the others waiting too long, they might get worried and come over here, so shall we get out of the bath?"

 

 "Y-Yes!"

 

 Phew. It's a good thing we stopped talking; I might have slipped up further.

 

 As we leave the dressing room, I notice I've sweated so much it feels like my shower was in vain. Following behind Myurina, I step out into the living room.

 

 As we arrive, Lizlina and Amy, who were chatting while seated, notice our footsteps and turn their faces towards us.

 

 "Welcome back! You two took your time."

 

 "Yes, we got carried away. But more importantly, look at this hair and skin!"

 

 Myurina approaches them and strikes a pose, as if showing off to a stylist.

 

 "Eh!? What's this? Your hair is shiny and smooth!!"

 

 "And your skin is glowing! Myurina, how on earth did you get such envy-inducing hair and skin?"

 

 "That's right! You weren't this beautiful just a moment ago!"

 

 "Hehehe..."

 

 As I watch Myurina laugh while covering her mouth, a strange feeling creeps over me. Hmm, what's this? I have a bad feeling about this.

 

 "Thanks to this hair and skin, I've become beautiful! All thanks to El El!"

 

 "El-chan?!"

 

 "Elrina-chan?!"

 

 Both Amy and Lizlina turn towards us. Their faces seem terrifying, making my body involuntarily flinch.

 

 "Thanks to the detergent El brought, I was able to become this beautiful! How about it? Isn't my hair and skin so beautiful that it makes you envious?"

 

 Myurina says this and starts spinning around on the spot. Amy and Lizlina, who were watching her, seemed to be getting annoyed, as they clenched their fists tightly.

 

 Myurina, please stop showing off! Their anger might be directed towards me!

 

 "U-Um, Elrina-chan."

 

 "Y-Yes?"

 

 "Do you have that detergent?"

 

 "Y-Yes! I do!"

 

 S-Scary! Amy's face is really scary...

 

 "Where is it, El-chan?!"

 

 This time, Lizlina grabs my shoulders tightly and leans in so close that our noses almost touch.

 

 "I-It's in the bathroom... there..."

 

 Why is it? Why are women so conscious about their appearance? Maybe it's just me who has a low awareness of it... No, that might not be it!

 

 "Can we use it?"

**Volume 05 Chapter 17**

 

"Alright then!!"

 

It's a risky move to refuse here; you never know what might happen. So, let's ensure they use the detergent I prefer and get them to agree to it.

 

"Thank you! My dear friend El-chan!"

 

Before I knew it, I'd been promoted from friend to best friend.

 

"Just so you know, don't pour the detergent directly onto your head. First, drop some onto your palm, then rub it in with your hands... Ah! Before that, let me show you how to use the container."

 

"I don't understand, so please come with me!!"

 

With that, Amy-san grabbed my arm and dragged me to the bathroom.

 

"Eh!? Wait! Amy-san? I just got out of the bath a moment ago!! Amy-san?"

 

"I'll be waiting here. Have a good time!"

 

Mysteriously, Murina-san, who had somehow ended up sitting in a chair, waved lightly as she bid us farewell.

 

Hey!! What's the instigator of all this chaos saying nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!?

 

Afterward, I taught Amy-san and the others how to use the detergent and properly wash their hair. It took about an hour.

 

"Phew... I'm tired."

 

Feeling exhausted, I collapsed onto the desk upon returning to the living room. It's no wonder. Lizlina-san started playing with the foam from the detergent like a child, and Amy-san, perhaps inspired by Murina-san, poured shampoo recklessly.

 

I had to scold both of them and put a stop to it. Detergent is a daily necessity that needs to be bought, after all.

 

"Murina, look, look!!"

 

"We've both got beautiful hair and skin now!!"

 

"Wow~!! You both look completely different now~!!"

 

The three of them enjoyed touching each other's skin and hair. It was heartwarming, but I couldn't help but feel skeptical.

 

Even with Earth's technology being so advanced, can the effects really show up after just one use? Hair aside, even for the skin, isn't it normal for it to take not just once or twice, but a week of continuous use for the effects to appear?

 

I have a bad feeling about this, so I'll read the instructions on the bottle later.

 

"Now then, now that Lizlina-san and the others' hair and skin have become glossy, shall we go to the Comprehensive Guild?"

 

"Oh, could it be about a promotion?"

 

"Do you know about it?"

 

Amy-san, upon hearing my words, chuckled amusingly.

 

"Well, considering we heard it from Duke Valdec, it's only natural we'd know."

 

So she's the one who told Amy-san and the others.

 

"And besides, after passing the test, we defeated that monster, so it would be odd if we didn't get promoted."

 

Ah, she's talking about the monster that appeared during the D-rank promotion test.

 

"Well, I don't know what kind of discussion it will be, but we have to go to the Comprehensive Guild. Everyone, please get ready to go home."

 

"Yes, yes, yes!"

 

Huh? Everyone's so obedient.

 

As I watched the three of them packing their bags, they finished packing in no time.

 

"Isn't everyone fast at packing?"

Volume 05 Chapter 17

 

 "Well, it's just a one-night stay, so there's not much luggage to bring, is there?"

 

 Indeed. If it were a two-night, three-day trip, there might be more luggage, but for just one day, it's not that much.

 

 "So, are both of you ready?"

 

 "I'm all set."

 

 "I'm ready too."

 

 Mrs. Myrina nodded as she heard their responses.

 

 "Alright then, I'll go return the key to Mum with El and, once we leave the house, we'll disperse right there."

 

 "Okay."

 

 "Sounds good."

 

 Hold on a moment! I heard something that can't be ignored just now!

 

 "Uhm, Mrs. Myrina?"

 

 "Hmm, what is it?"

 

 "Returning the key to Mum. What does that mean?"

 

 "Mum has the key to this house. Didn't you know?"

 

 It's not that I didn't know, but this is the first I'm hearing of it!

 

 "Why does Mrs. Lamuel have our key!?"

 

 "Who knows? Why don't you ask Mum?"

 

 Even without asking, I can somehow guess the reason. It's definitely related to the Duke of Valdeck!

 

 "Anyway, let's hurry up or it'll be lunchtime soon. Shall we leave now? I've already locked up while Lizlina and the others were in the bath, so it's all good."

 

 "Ah, yes. Thank you very much for doing that."

 

 "It's no big deal, don't worry about it."

 

 As Mrs. Myrina led them out of the house, I made up my mind to confront Mrs. Lamuel no matter what.

0