The beginning of the story.
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Great War of the Borders, that's what the event that occurred three decades ago was baptized. Hundreds of people, weary of the governmental regime, rose against it. During that time, hundreds of deaths occurred, and many influential individuals sacrificed their lives for a change in the cruel world they lived in, in search of the long-awaited freedom.

But did they really manage to obtain the freedom they sought? Did they achieve the desired change? These supposedly answered questions hide the true nature of that conflict. Only those who were present and were direct witnesses know the real outcomes of that battle. Heroes, warriors, knights, and many more died for the peace they believed to achieve. Nowadays, an apparent peace reigns, the same for which those brave souls fought, or so it seems.

Now, we find ourselves in the present, where a young man, eager to fulfill his desires, begins to write his own story, where he will experience the freedom for which so many fought.

"I'm late, I'm late," shouts the young man as he runs along a cobblestone path, regretting his delay in reaching the desired place. In front of him stands an imposing golden metal gate, adorned with striking decorations of various shapes. A tall guard, dressed in a blue military uniform, and a badge shaped like a shield with three lines on his shoulders, guards the entrance. A cap covers his dark hair, and on it, he wears the same badge as on his uniform.

"All right, today is the day of enrollment for new recruits. Let's see what kind of people will start their story today," says the guard as he checks some documents, his eyes scrutinizing every detail seriously.

"I overslept on the first day of class, and it's registration day! I hope I can make it on time," comments the young man as he runs towards the main door, his breath agitated, and his pulse revealing the urgency in his movements.

Hundreds of new students prepare to register, forming a huge line in front of the doors. The guard verifies the identity of each new recruit with a penetrating look. Some enter with determined steps, others turn around and leave, showing disappointment on their faces.

"I finally made it! Wow, the line is huge! I hope I can get in on time," says the young man with a mix of excitement and nervousness, his facial expression revealing a range of emotions.

After a while, it's finally the young man's turn.

"All right, document and invitation, please," requests the guard with a firm but friendly voice, his eyes scrutinizing the authenticity of the documents.

The young man searches among his belongings, his hands trembling slightly. Finally, he finds a piece of paper and hands it to the guard with determination.

"To enter, you need your personal identification, which contains all your data, and verifies that you are registered as a citizen of the area. Additionally, your invitation serves to corroborate that you were invited to this school. We often have students who present fake documents, and they are punished for it," explains the guard as he verifies the young man's name, his tone of voice revealing a combination of authority and caution.

"Pleasure to meet you, Jacob Corneckt," responds the young man with a smile on his face, trying to hide the anxiety reflected in his eyes.

"Congratulations, Jacob. From this moment on, you are a student of the Grand Knight School. Welcome!" exclaims the guard with a genuine smile, his eyes conveying a glimmer of hope and pride.

"At last, after so much time and training, I have finally managed to enter the Knight School. I will fulfill my promise. But first, I must become a Knight! Today, my story begins!" exclaims the young man as he walks through the enormous metal doors towards his destination, his steps resonating with determination on the ground.

After passing through the imposing gates of the Grand Knight School, Jacob found himself lost in a sea of buildings and pathways. Uncertain about where to go, he decided to climb a nearby tree to get a clearer perspective of the surroundings.

He skillfully climbed the branches, seeking a privileged view. As he immersed himself in the contemplation of the vast campus, a curious voice snapped him out of his thoughts.

"What are you doing up there?" asked a girl, her head slightly tilted.

Jacob, surprised, smiled from the branch. "I was trying to get my bearings. This place is huge."

The girl approached with curiosity. "If you need guidance, I can help. You shouldn't miss the welcome."

Jacob nodded, grateful for the offer. "That would be great. I climbed up here just to get a better view, but now I don't know where I am."

The girl pointed towards the main building. "Follow that path, and you'll reach the hall. We should head down before the ceremony begins."

Upon reaching the ground, the unfamiliar girl extended her hand with a friendly smile.

"By the way, I'm Molly," she said shyly but with a glimmer of courage in her eyes.

Before Jacob could formulate any thoughts, he observed Molly discreetly. Her ponytail gently swayed with the breeze, and her tender features radiated with an inner light that went beyond the initial shyness. Jacob was struck by Molly's grace and natural charm, thinking about how cute she looked in a way that, though amusing, was also genuine.

Grateful for the help, he shook her hand with an equally friendly smile. "Nice to meet you, Molly. I'm Jacob. Thanks for the guidance. I would've never found my way without you."

0