4: The World Library
24 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the flesh collided with each other, a mass of flesh had remolded itself. The shape of the Executioner was here, collecting enough flesh by killing rats, destroying multiple ant nests, taking birds, collecting from other Corpsekin who also do not have consciousness yet. 

However, Corpekin though may be unable to grow in its life. When a Corpsekin is reassembled, they are given an opportunity to improve upon their forming vessel.

Enlightened through Vouthlow's palace of consciousness. Pik had found its answer, through that undead eden.

The world, is a series of programs. The series of programs is the world. And the simple lines of code, were gospel. A codex of beliefs, were conditions.

Judgement was the result of individuals whose value remains true. Not of their identity's form, but their strength of character. The attributes they contain as one individual, as one entity.

Pik would not bring execution to the guilty, Pik would judge. Pik would determine an entity's fate, through its own lines of code. Its beliefs.

Pik did not change, its imposing beliefs had now simply ascended beyond its context as mere lines.

Vouthlow was no lesser than a God, and a God should have its angel. 

The ground rumbled, as Pik's mass had begun to over-extend its past form. Taking on its God's image as the blueprint. Pik would see, determine and judge through this husk. 

An angel had descended upon this city, unbeknownst to all of its inhabitants. 

***

"Hey, those zombies. Though they aren't named, they're taking on the form of a Hunter. A Hunter zombie is nearby." The captain of the Bookseekers warned her squad.

Rinoura Brink, she was a captain of one of the Bookseekers squad. Having a youthful appearance, she was pale-skinned and had sharp yet strikingly beautiful features. Apparently, she's the daughter of a noble.

She had bright blue long hair in a ponytail with one braid tied to said tail, she was around six feet tall and had a reasonably fit build. She wasn't overly muscular because her offensive ability depended on her magical abilities so she instead had a build suitable for incredible endurance and speed.

Her ability 'Blade of Choosing' is an ability that allows her to bound a single weapon to her soul and control it telekinetically from any distance. The weapon can't be smaller than a dagger or else the ability won't recognize it, additionally it recognizes weapons and its magical properties but if the weapons were laced with poison or some sort then the laced substance would simply slip off of the weapon.

It takes her ten minutes to bound a weapon to her soul, the caliber of the weapon, the weight of the weapon and the number of weapons able to be bounded are based on the user's magical ability. Rinoura is capable of binding three greatswords to her soul.

And so, she did. Three floating greatswords were hovering behind and adjacent to her.

On the defensive side, she wore medium-level armor which were chain mail with some platings made from metallic monsters that covered her chest, back and lower body. The strong platings were basically there to cover her vital organs, whilst the chainmail were added on to protect the rest of her body.

She didn't wear a helmet since it blocked her vision, which would make it hard for her to precisely control her greatswords. 

On her squad were Jono, which wore light armor so he could easily dodge attacks. The others wore a variety of armor based on their weapons, since only Rinoura and Jono had magical abilities in the squad.

Some heavy-armored members, some bow users and spear users. Crazily enough, only Rinoura was using swords. In fighting zombies and monsters, it was better to fight with distance such as spears and bows or have better armor and shields to protect against hits. Most of the enemies the Bookseekers fight often have stronger bodies than their human bodies so as much as a versatile weapon a sword was, it simply wasn't effective.

Jono didn't have any weapon on him besides a dagger, because he could use his 'Springwater' ability very quickly. A staff wasn't suitable either for his fast-paced battle style since a staff would've made his movements more clunky.

"A Hunter zombie? So, a fast attacker... Miss Rinoura, maybe we can do a box formation? Where there are shielders or heavy-armored guys on each side then have the offense guys in the middle." Jono suggested.

Rinoura nodded without turning her head, and so the squad quickly followed Jono's suggestion.

Jono was on the outside, he wouldn't be able to use his ability if there were other members beside him. Rinoura was at the front leading the squad.

There were also three more Bookseeker squads that were advancing, there were twelve Exterminator squads behind them and a Historian squad next to the Exterminators.

Each squad had captains that were relatively just as strong as Captain Rinoura.

In the world below the walking continents, this many combatants were the bare minimum to feel even a speck of safety.

The Expeditionary units advanced cautiously, zombies of a Hunter's likeness. They had jet-protrusions on their arms and legs that allowed then to be faster, but they were fragile.

Rinoura raised one of her greatswords and with one clean roundhouse swing had cleaved the zombies in half, the now crawling half-bodied zombies were exterminated by her squad.

The other squads followed and killed the zombies as well, the teams with less armored members had a harder time killing the zombies. 

The squads advanced further into the between of the two cities, there were more zombies but were promptly dealt with. One of the captains reminded everyone to bury the zombies' flesh into the ground.

This was a basic but quick way of preventing the flesh from forming into a named corpse, the flesh chunks themselves slowly move to other flesh chunks but are too weak to dig themselves out of dirt.

The squads this time moved more quickly than before, after seeing the faint glow of the dimensional gateway to the World Library.

The Bookseekers led the charge with seven Exterminator Squads by their side, while the other five Exterminator Squads were staying with the Historians.

The Historians were studying the ruined infrastructure.

More zombies were nearby, in a more concentrated wave. The squads took formation and proceeded to destroy the wave with efficiency. 

"An' the flesh arrives." A grumbling voice echoed, the sound of growling and crunching echoed along the voice.

"The Hunter is here." One of the captains announced.

The captains took a deep breath, named Corpsekin introduce themselves. It was instinct for them, as if reinforcing their identity. Similar to how a wolf howls or a panther roars.

"Havok, the Hunter." Havok introduced itself, it then appeared above them.

Its large form creating a shadow.

"Rinoura Brink."

"Ghrous."

"Tyno."

"Fhousef."

All the Bookseeker captains introduced themselves, whilst the Exterminator Squads stood silent. The corpsekin's leech-like mouth turned into a wide grin.

"The Hunt has begun." Havok shouts.

And in that instant crashed towards the squads.

Tyno, a bow-wielding female captain pulled her bow back. Using her magical ability, 'Dark Hold' and forming it into the shape of an arrow of pure blackness, she'd let the arrow fly.

Havok with a smile flew towards the arrow and tried to bite it, the arrow instead passed through Havok's entire body and when it went past its body. The arrow grew out four long tendrils with hands on each end and grabbed Havok with each hand, the arrow still flew as if its weight hadn't shifted.

And with that, the arrow flew a far distance away while having Havok in tow. 

"The 'Dark Hold' will remain for ten seconds after it leaves my sight. We should go, that 'Havok' corpsekin is a lot faster than I thought." Tyno said.

Tyno was shorter than Rinoura, being five feet and four inches tall. She had medium-length hair held back by a headband with bat accessories lining the band. Her armor was light, with a cloak that went down all the way to her ankles. She had olive skin and hazel colored eyes, her features were between soft and pretty but her expression held a serious look. 

Rinoura and the other captains nodded, they should enter the gateway now so the Exterminator Squads could fight Havok and the other zombies without having to worry about protecting the Bookseekers.

So, the Bookseekers rushed into the gateway. With the Exterminator Squads assisting them, they were able to quickly enter the realm. It was smooth sailing...

Supposedly smooth sailing that is...

***

The Bookseekers patted down their bodies after transferring to the World Library, checking their bodies and equipments' conditions. 

A giant woman then floated to the four squads, this was the World Librarian.

Her skin was a divine glowing pale, wearing long ribbons of white fabric adorned with golden accessories that were reminiscent of the English Alphabet, considered as an ancient language in the world of the Dreamstress.

She had luminous hair that were reminiscent of stained glass, her eyes were filled with total blackness and she had black stained lips with a vertical golden streak of pigment going down from the middle part of her upper lip down to her lower lip. She wore long robes that went past her body, the parts would hang as she floated to them. Beside her was a large book, it was around the size of a normal wooden door.

There was also a floating quill pen that hovered beside the large book, the book was lined with golden metal that protected the edges of the book, in the middle of the book was a big purple orb that dimly glowed. Inside the orb flashed the names of multiple Earth countries.

The world librarian observed every member of the Bookseekers Expeditionary units.

"Poledam's country? You have a total of sixty books within your possession, and as a country granted the sixth level by the Dreamstress. You have the maximum amount of books that are allowed to be stored within your territory, you are allowed to read the books within the library but cannot borrow anymore unless you exchange one borrowed book with another." The World Librarian explained, her voice was booming yet mild.

As if her voice were your own thoughts, echoing within the mind yet wasn't overly loud and harmful. Her voice was deep yet graceful, imposing yet comforting.

"My name is Ghrous, and will be the representative for Poledam. We will exchange our eight books for another eight books of our choosing." Ghrous spoke.

The World Librarian nodded.

"Which books of the country will Ghrous exchange?" The World Librarian asked.

Ghrous then held the bag with the eight books and listed them out to the World Librarian.

The World Librarian would then list the titles of the books on her giant book, through telekinesis the giant quill pen proceeded to write the names.

The interesting part was that each letter that was written were from different alphabets. Meaning, when the letter A was written from the English Alphabet then the following letter which was B was instead going to be replaced with a whole different alphabet's equivalent sign to the letter B.

After Ghrous listed all the names, the World Librarian would welcome them to the World Library and speak the rules.

"I welcome Poledam to the World Library. Fighting or Killing is prohibited, Stealing is prohibited, Sexual Acts are prohibited, your bodily needs are temporarily frozen in time in this realm so the need to eat or produce waste is unnecessary and prohibited. If any of these rules are broken, the entirety of the offender's bloodline will be banned from entering the World Library." The World Librarian spoke.

Ghrous smiled and thanked the World Librarian, the World Librarian held a neutral face. 

Ghrous is a spear-wielding male captain, with short messy dull black hair and blue eyes and a stature of five feet. He was charismatic, and used his stature in conjunction with his magical ability to his advantage. 

His ability, 'Unrelenting' allowed him to produce multiple strikes in a single attack. This paired well with his spear, and his small size since it was harder to hit him whilst Unrelenting also allowed him to have huge bursts of speed to dodge attacks or quickly attack something.

He would stomp on the ground, which counted as an attack and depending on how he positioned his body. He was able to move as if he had springs in his shoes.

Ghrous walked forward further in the library, he stretched out his hand in a commanding manner.

"Four squads means two books per squad. Me and my squad will go to the Weapons section." Ghrous spoke.

The captains nodded, and they proceeded to go in different directions to search for useful world books.

Rinoura was in charge of the Mathematics section. As soon as she and her members got to the section, there they saw something dreadful.

With green durable scales, a large body. Great black fangs and obsidian claws, there was a reptilian being in the World Library, and it had rings on all of its four violet colored eyes.

It was on the floor with an opened book, its body hunched over while its calculating eyes read the books' texts. 

Why was a Guilty Reincarnated attempting to learn? 

...

What is that living calamity intentions?

...

Wake up.


Fun Fact: World Books are completely normal books inside the library, but whenever they are brought into the realm outside the World Library they obtain a special magic property.

The book, if read by a single person five times completely. Then the reader would get enlightenment and gain full understanding of said book's text. Though they can be recopied into another piece of paper, the enlightenment provided by World Books are vital to the development of countries.

Though this magical property can only be activated ten times until it returns to being no different than a normal book, it can be returned to the World Library and have its magical properties re-charged back when it leaves the realm again, they are also indestructible but attempts to destroy said books will also ban the offender's bloodline from entering the World Library for an indefinite amount of time.

0