Chapter 3 – The Silence is defeaning
269 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Current location, Just outside the gates of Villa Verde Homes.]

[August 20th, 2277]

[3rd POV] 

Well from what she could gather, her subdivision was a refugee camp a few years ago give or take considering on the way here, she spotted a lot of occupied homes that had a lot of stored, expired food, along with weapons such at bats, knifes, etc etc. 

It was not a surprise that it was under a military dictatorship considering the amount of spent ammo casing surrounding the gate itself as well as bodies of dead soldiers ferrals, and bandits and the most dreaded thing she hoped that she 4wouldn't encounter was a dead Power armor user. 

How does she know that the now skeleton corpse was a power armor user? 

Well considering she spotted a piece of power armor still stuck on his arm, she knew that somehow they have settled into their new homes and established themselves. 

She just hope it's not the infamously named Brotherhood of steel, and if it was, I just hope that they were friendly at least. 

She could feel a headache coming in as she sighed tiredly and sat for a brief moment on the guard post and think for a moment. 

First off, there was a battle here, a considerable battle where the defenders lost, but the attackers also lost and both decided to abandon this growing refugee settlement or something else spook them and she's not happy. Not one bit since the amount of ammunition that was wasted here was too much for her own liking. 

If true, then where was the enemy they're both fighting? 

Wild thoughts entered through her mind as she shakes them off and stood up. Readying her shotgun she headed north to where both supermarkets are. 

First thing she noticed was the eerie silence, not even the sound of rad roaches nor rats litter around, she hated the feeling since the only sound she could hear was the wind, herself, and her footsteps. 

She passed by the heavily destroyed church and carefully navigated through the rubble as she advanced towards the Super markets. 

She glanced to her left, and to her right, but all she found was silence, skeleton bodies, and empty cars and jeeps. 

She gripped her shotgun tightly and walked in a semi quick pace to the left super market that was titled 'San Roque Supermarket' and took a glance inside. 

Inside were more skeletons, and thankfully the sound of roaches and mutant birds surprisingly as she moved towards them and killed them all easily with precision. 

Once she finished checking every aisle, she began to make a inventory check and after 20 minutes of looking around, all she could find was 5 canned pork and beans which was way pass it's expiration date. 

It was better than nothing as she mentally stored it on her inventory and exited the Super market and crossed the street in front of her to explore the 'Robinsons Supermarket' 

She once again carefully checked her surroundings, then proceeded to did what she did back on the first supermarket and did an inventory check. 

She was lucky after a few minutes of searching, she found a working lantern that requires battery which was OK for her since her pipboy could be used as a battery as well. 

4 bottled irradiated water, Full deck of cards just in case she gets bored, and the jackpot of the day, a nuka cola drink that was sold here of all places. 

She was surprised nuka cola branched off even here and she was lucky that it was still sealed, irradiated but sealed. 

She was happy she get to drink the first ever nuka cola out in the wild. Of course, she had numerous ones in her inventory, but she wanted to celebrate as she found a spot that she could hunker down for now and rest for the day as the sun was setting. 

It was dangerous to explore at night as she feels that even with her armor, she still felt naked. And she couldn't wear the power armor she had in her inventory just yet as that would only attract unwanted attention. 

Hence she prepared to grab some useless things that were scattered on the ailes and. Made her a makeshift bed, as well as the aisles themselves being positioned to block any light from escaping from her position. 

Additionally, she could defend both entry points of the Super market from her position as she mentally port out her small cooker and small pan and canned beans from New Vegas itself. 

She then proceeded to cook and prepared her meal as she turned on the lantern she had fully charge a few hours ago as the sun was fully setting. 

As she was cooking, she could feel the darkness surrounding her area and consciously shudder a bit as there was no light source other than mine, worse it was a new moon which makes things even worse. 

Thankfully her helmet has a built in night vision to see any incoming invaders intruding on her resting place. 

As she finished cooking, she stored her cooking utensils back to her inventory and ate slowly as she didn't want to waste it. 

"God I hate the silence... Maybe I could turn on the radio? I did have a mod where I could tune in to all fallout radio stations... Let's hope it works here." 

She stopped eating for a moment to fiddle with her pipboy, turning the knob to radio stations. 

And sure enough, it was showing all the radio stations that were from fallout 3 all the way to fallout 76. But there was a couple of new radio stations that left me puzzled. 

The first one was titled 'Chucks Talk show' 

The second one was 'His Radiance

And the third one that left me surprised was titled' Brotherhood of Steel: Manila Chapter' and my worst fears came true. 

She tuned in to the Manila chapter and the first words that she heard was troubling

"Brothers and Sisters of the New Manila. Now is the hour to steel ourselves against the oncoming communist threat that looms over at the New Makati Republic their sweet honeyed words are all just lie! 

They're under a communist puppet! Do not trust them! They will lure you in, brainwash you, then eat your body! This have been proven true by numerous accounts and witnesses left behind by the Alleyian wars! 

I repeat! Do not trust those scums and come to trust the Manila chapter for they bring justice and promise to unite this Asian wasteland and return to the founding fathers of America! 

Join now and and reap the benefits that befits you as a Brotherhood citizen! 

May god bless America and may God bless the Manila Chapters!"

After that long propaganda heavy speech, the host then introduced some 60s music that I coincidentally loved and just lied down, still in shock on what I've heard. 

Manila Chapter really? 

Oh boy how fucked up things are in America for this to happen... 

That's it for now as I'll do another chapter soon or tomorrow if I can have the drive and passion XD

I hope you all love this and pls any feedback is welcome

Enjoy and recommendations are encouraged as I want to add twists and turns to this amazing story that I want to share with you guys. Just nothing too crazy ok? XD

10