Prologue
11 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Gazing further into the limitless horizon, where no buildings of sorts were built, only those beings were wandering around in this vast land that has no end. The sky is always day, and the ground came to dry, resulting in no sprout of nature on this hard land. Venturing these lands was the same as the previous, no changes came.

Upon those who live here, there is only a moment for them to stray into these lands. They have no memories of how they came to be, or what was their purpose here. When they came to, they just wandered around with no goal, some questions it out loud, but was not given a reply. They sometimes look at it each other, in which their sight seeks other faces, but tainted in bluish flames and some red sparks indicating for its eyes.

Looking like a frail fire from a little candle, although as frail and weak as they are. They have that burning life like a soul without physical forms of its body.

Most of them look like that, however, there is always something that differentiates from each other. Some had a body of a human with no distinguishing appearance, in which this time, they were some white, and some were black. They were called souls, from a being or from an entity, they couldn't be identified as anything but only souls, though they have an appearance that differs from each other in this plane, they were all still the same.

In the land of ocean, identifying freshwater and saltwater is almost impossible without the use of technology objects. It was the same as this plane. Furthermore, the appearance was not limited to the bluish flame and outlines of a human, there was also the appearance of monsters. They have crimson colors and have the most unique forms from each other.

These souls were very docile, well that was the case since they don't retain their memories from their past form. All of a sudden in the midst of the souls, a scythe cuts multiple souls in one strike, it was the cause from the angel of death himself, the reaper.

With its weapon, he was sent in this plane to continue distributing the souls to the universe, or else this plane would be flooded, and the other universes population will be missing. Or even worse, the beings from other worlds will be present but not attended with a soul that is what keeps them on moving, thus making their world work.

It should have been a heavy responsibility for the reaper, and whenever he tries to escape this plane, even to the extent of killing himself, he would still reincarnate to this plane, in other words, a living hell for the reaper. However, the reaper had long given up on the escape and continued his duty.

From thousands to millions of years, the reaper continued to reap the souls in this plane. Hacking down the souls, beheading them, thrusting its scythe, he had done all the techniques it could ever learn.

Up onto this day, when something unusual came into this plane, in which a soul with a round appearance that can almost be mistaken as a ball. Though the ball is alive and has that actions like any other soul would have, it never appears to the reaper's sight. It would only see nothing from this soul, or rather, the reaper could not even notice its little appearance in his sight.

The reaper continued to slice the souls while letting this ball live. The ball, who has a brain of a baby, followed the reaper's action due to curiosity. The ball watches the reaper doing its duty and eventually learned from it. At first, the ball detached itself from the reaper and ventures onto the neverending land, trying to find out how it will replicate the reapers action.

On its sight was a soul dyed in the color of white, it resembles a body of a woman, just looking at the curves of its chest it could easily be assumed, however, this knowledge is not available for everyone here but only for the reaper itself. The ball with the color of the night only tried to replicate its attack.

However, the ball was not able to replicate the reaper's attack without a weapon, the scythe, but still, it tried. The ball rolls closely to the woman's soul and remembered the thrusting techniques that the reaper executed. Rather than being like 'that reaper', it tried to be a weapon.

The ball jumps onto the woman's soul and pierces through the woman's heart, there was no feign resistance within the woman's soul. Slowly, the soul became a mist and was swallowed by the ball. Various memories, wisdom, and knowledge appeared in the ball's mind, however, not completely because the ball still needs to remember what the lady's memories are.

It gains the ability to think and understand, thus the will was born into the ball's soul. At first, the ball wanted to copy the reaper due to its repetitive actions. Looking at the aftermath which the reaper attacks, the souls should become mist and fades into the unknown. The ball wasn't sure why it's different for its case, but the first question that comes to the ball is, 'Who am I?'

Just those words repeatedly resounded in the ball's mind, it then rolls to nowhere destination and continued its journey without ending those repeating words in its mind.

The ball tries it again, but this time, its target was a soul tainted in red color, in other words, a monster with an outline relatively close to a demon.

Two horns, attached to its head, and wings that extended to what it can reach. The ball did not hesitate and used itself as a weapon to pierce through the stomach. However, this time it was not devoured by the ball, but it fades away as if nothing had happened.

The ball seemed to learn something, it tried again on the nearest one, and another one, and another one. Until such time, after a year later, when the ball could somehow understand itself. The ball could even think in the actions it wants to do, moreover, even proclaimed that its gender was a girl. There was no proof of how she claimed to be a girl, but it was perhaps the first one she pierces was a woman too.

While rolling towards nowhere, the ball happily pierces through the souls as she passes onto them. Well, she knew it was truly unbefitting for a girl to be penetrating the soul, she could not help it since she has nothing to do. In the first place, it seems that the girl has yet to know that those were actually souls.

Passing through so many souls, the ball coincidentally met the reaper at a distance. However, this time, the reaper noticed the ball and soon rushed onto it. Of course, the natural reaction was to run away, but before the ball could even decide what actions she would take, it delayed her movements.

And so, when the ball was in the reaper's attack range, the reaper attacks without warning. Of course, the ball wanted to dodge it, but the reaper's attack was too fast as if it trained himself even further.

The ball's soul disperses in the sky and soon finds herself staring at a wall.

1