Family
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Karna followed the path guided by his newfound memories, he arrived at the grand Dining Hall.

 Seated at the head of the long, rectangular table was none other than his mother, Queen Solara SunBlaze.

Tall and strikingly beautiful, she commanded attention with her ebony hair cascading around her shoulders and her authoritative gaze. 

Radiating an aura of regal authority, she embodied the essence of royalty as the reigning queen of the Agni Kingdom.

To her right sat a petite figure, barely visible above the expanse of the table, struggling to reach for food with her tiny hands.

It could be none other than his adorable little sister, Luna. Resembling Solara in appearance, Luna was like a miniature version of her, though her eyes sparkled with innocence rather than authority.

"Good morning, Mother. Good morning, Luna," Karna greeted warmly as he took his seat to the left of Solara, following the etiquette ingrained in his memory.

"Good morning, Karna. You seem particularly cheerful today. Did something exciting happen?" Mother inquired, her eyes softening with affection and care, a stark contrast to her usual regal demeanor.

It was as if she had shed her queenly persona to reveal the tender love of a mother, a sight that would surely bewilder any courtier accustomed to her strict and commanding presence.

"Good mornin', Big Brother! Ya look super happy today. Did somethin' real fun happen?" Luna's innocent voice bubbled with curiosity as she tried to sound just like her Mom.

"Nothing particular, Mother. I'm just feeling a bit excited and nervous about the coronation and talent awakening,"

Karna responded, his attention divided as he puzzled over how to handle the unfamiliar forks and knives laid out on the table, tools he had never used in his previous life. 

"Big Brother will become Superman tomorrow!" exclaimed Luna with a high-pitched voice filled with excitement. "Take me flying in the sky like a bird!" 

"It's okay to be nervous, Karna. Two big things in your life, coronation and talent awakening, happening on the same day – anyone would be nervous. Even if the results aren't good, remember tha—"

Before Mother could finish her sentence, a piece of chicken leg from Karna's plate bounced and landed squarely on her face, splattering hot juice all over her body. Karna, in his attempt to cut the food with his knife and fork, looked on in horror as the room fell into stunned silence.

Karna could sense the room's temperature rising as even the stewards and maids looked on in horror. Solara's eyes, which moments ago radiated motherly affection, now glinted with an unmistakable ferocity as she yelled,

"You naughty Kid, Karna! I've told you a thousand times to pay attention in your etiquette classes instead of dozing off. What kind of king will you be if you can't even eat properly? Even your little sister eats better than you!"

As Solara's gaze shifted towards Luna, who was struggling to contain her laughter, the atmosphere tensed. But anyone could see the laughter bubbling beneath Luna's surface as tears welled up in her eyes.

"Thank goodness my previous self wasn't a master of dining etiquette," Karna thought with a sigh of relief, relieved that his lack of culinary finesse hadn't immediately exposed his true identity.

As he pondered how to navigate this awkward situation, his gaze landed on Luna, sparking an idea in his mind.

Summoning all the acting skills he could muster, Karna's eyes welled up with tears as he turned to his mother, his voice trembling with emotion. "I'm sowwy, Mother," he whimpered, his tone irresistibly endearing as he sought to appeal to her maternal instincts.

With every ounce of sincerity he could muster, he channelled the innocence of a child, hoping to touch his mother's heart.

His ploy proved successful as Solara's stern facade softened, a flicker of compassion breaking through her stern exterior.

Despite her initial frustration, she could not resist the sight of her son in distress. With a gentle sigh, she reached out to comfort him, her love for her family transcending any concerns about proper etiquette or royal decorum.

For her, family mattered above all else – not etiquette, tradition, or kingdom affairs.

"It's okay, don't cry. It's not your fault, just a simple mistake," Mother's voice trembled with emotion as she tried to console her tearful son. With a heavy heart, she rose from her seat, her body trembling, and declared, "I'll go clean up." With that, she left for her chambers.

Just as Karna thought he had escaped a crisis, laughter erupted in front of him. Luna was giggling uncontrollably. Before Karna could intervene, he felt a stern gaze behind him.

A booming voice followed, "You naughty kids! Both of you will attend etiquette classes for the next... two months, with Lord Varys!" Solara's announcement hung in the air as she exited the room, leaving behind a sense of pity from the steward and maids.

As Karna pondered the grim fate that awaited him at the hands of the eunuch Lord Varys, Steward Seb approached him with urgency.

"Your Majesty, we must prepare for the coronation ceremony. Please accompany me to rehearse the proceedings, recite the pledges, and ensure the fitting of your new royal robes."

"Yes, I'll get ready, and then we'll proceed with the preparations," Karna replied, rising from his seat. He was about to head to his room when a small, teary-eyed Luna tugged at his clothes.

"I'm sorry, Brother. It's my fault you got in trouble. I'm a bad sister," Luna sniffled, her eyes filled with remorse.

Karna's heart softened at her words, and he gently patted her little head. "Don't cry. It wasn't your fault. It was my mistake from the start. Stop crying now, and get ready. Tomorrow, I'll be Superman and fly you away, alright?"

Luna's tears subsided, replaced by her usual cheerful demeanor as she skipped off to her room. "Fly, fly! I'm going to fly!"

Watching her go, Karna couldn't help but feel a warm fondness. "Family! I think I'm starting to like it," he mused to himself as he left for his room to prepare for the momentous day ahead.

Will system appear?
  • Yes Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ready for Surprises Votes: 1 50.0%
Total voters: 2
0