Chapter 14
513 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lin Yu sat at the small table in the kitchenette, drinking more tea than he should. Lu YiFeng worked on the computer, sending messages and making calls every few minutes. From what Lin Yu could make out, the company was being moved and all the files and paperwork had to be quickly moved to hard drives, then destroyed in order to keep all their business secret from outsiders, especially Lin Huanli

"Xiao Yu, go sleep. Everything will be fine in the morning."

Lin Yu tipped out his cold tea and boiled the kettle to make another cup. This was all he could do.

"I'm useless aren't I?"

Lu YiFeng stopped his typing and looked up at Lin Yu.

"Why would you say that?"

"Everyone is doing all they can to help Fen Bai, but all I can do is make weak tea and sit here, doing nothing."

Lu YiFeng got up from his chair and walked over to Lin Yu to rub his head, comforting him.

"You may not know anything about our line of work Xiao Yu but you can be there for Fen Bai when he comes back, he most likely won't come back how he left."

Lin Yu was comforted by Lu YiFeng's first sentence but his heart went into turmoil hearing the second, he was pushed towards the small bedroom but could only lie in bed fully awake, waiting for Fen Bai to come back to him.

. . . . . .

Lin Huanli had made small cuts all over Fen Bai's body save his face, when they would clot, he would go over them again; inflicting more pain than the first round. Fen Bais body was coveered in blood and sweat but he made no noise while he endured the torture.

"Fu~. Fen Bai you're making this boring with your silence."

Lin Huanli put the scalpel away and took two sticky pads with a wire running from them to a small box with a dial. He placed the pads on the bottoms of Fen Bai's feet first and turned the dial slowly, watching Fen Bais legs cramp. Fen Bais toes curled into his feet as he twisted his feet to the side involuntarily, his muscles felt like they were constricting in on themselves.

Lin Huanli removed the pads, placing them on his inner thighs and turned the dial again but further round, a low hum sounded from the metal box. The muscles in his thighs and stomach spasmed out of control, the pain caused a sudden wave of nausea but Fen Bai managed to swallow the bile down, burning his throat. The electric current went on for what felt like hours then switched off. Fen Bai took fast deep breaths as Lin Huanli laughed happily.

"You can handle pain everywhere except for this place."

Fen Bai balls were held in a vice grip the next second, they were squeezed so hard they felt like they might burst. Lin Huanli let go and picked the scalpel up again waving in Fen Bai's face, mocking him.

"You must hold all your pride in this one place, right?"

Fen Bai opened his eyes staring into Lin Huanlis eyes fiiled with mockery, before speaking calmly, as if he hadn't gone through a couple hours of torture.

"You really like playing with my cock even more than your son does, do you want to take his place?"

Lin Huanli's face turned red from rage and he threw the scalpel down, walking to the edge of the room to pick up a rusty metal bar. Fen bai slackened his muscles best he could to lower the pain, but a rusty bar was still a rusty bar, Lin Huanli striked first against the top of Fen Bais thigh, the rough edges from the rust along with the cuts on his legs tore the skin; blood streamed down, dripping onto the ground. He brought the bar down on the other thigh harder, Fen Bai felt a sharp pain deep in his thigh and suspected the bone had been damaged.

Lin Huanli hit blow after blow onto Fen Bai until his arms turned to jelly, dropping the bar he could faintly hear gunshots echoing in the tunnels. The man from before, who brought the cart, quickly walked forward with a worried gaze.

"Mr Lin there are two groups making their way through the tunnels, one from the industrial site entrance, the other from the subway entrance."

"how many?"

"First group three, second is fifteen."

"Fuck, are the men still fighting above ground?"

"Yes, Mr Lin."

"Focus attention on the fifteen, leave two men back for the three."

The man left with his orders, Lin Huanli picked the scalpel up from the dirty ground, sitting down in the chair in front of Fen Bai and picked up Fen Bais limp penis. Fen Bai spoke out of breath.

"From all your out bursts, I take it your closeted. Pity."

Lin Huanli pulled the foreskin back, revealing the head as he spat out.

"I'm not like you or Lin Yu."

"That's right, you must have loved Lin Yus mother a lot to end up torturing your own kid over her death."

The rage in Lin Huanlis eyes had returned but he controlled himself so as to not have another outburst and carried on inspecting Fen Bais penis.

"Have you heard of Penile Bisectioning? There are many names for it, but clinically that's its name. It was practised in ancient times across various countries actually. There are even men who choose to get it done today, as a kind of modification you could say."

Lin Huanli stretched Fen Bais limp penis out, pointing the head to face him as he continued speaking.

"There are a few different ways it can be done: some cut the whole penis down the middle, others only cut the underneath. I Like the look of the underneath one more but I can always make another cut along the top if I feel like it would suit you better."

Lin Huanli placed the scalpel against the bottom of Fen Bais penis and made a cut; Fen Bai grunted loudly through his clenched jaw, his entire body stiffened from the pain. Lin Huanli made a long incision, stopping at the base of the head, blood was pouring out from the cut, along with the blood he had already lost, Fen Bai was feeling slightly light headed and his complexion paled. Lin Huanli let go and slapped Fen Bai across the face, blood from his penis sticking to his cheek.

"It's not bed time for you yet, pay attention."

Lin Huanli picked up the bloody penis stretching it again, bringing the scalpel down again a loud bang sound echoed in the room, deafening Fen Bai temporarily and blood from Lin Huanlis head sprayed all over Fen Bai. Yi Yuan, bloody and sweaty, ran to Fen Bai, no one following behind him. The closer he got the more he could see, he saw everything Lin Huanli had been doing to Fen Bai, especially his now mutilated penis.

"What the fuck? That sick old fucker."

Yi Yuan cut the rope holding Fen Bai to the chair, he looked at the cart and luckily there were tissues. Yi Yuan pressed the cut head back together and wrapped tissues around the mutilated head, next he cut a small piece of rope and tied the tissues in place. He didn't have time to treat Fen Bais other wounds, so he could only help his bloody body up in an attempt to get Fen Bai to walk.

"Fuck you're heavy, where are your clothes?"

"Cut off."

Fen Bais voice was tired from blood loss and he struggled to walk, as the movement caused more blood to leak from his wounds. Yi Yuan stood looking around but there wasn't even a rag around.

"Fuck, get on my back, you'll bleed out otherwise."

Fen Bai could barely move, all he could do was slump against Yi Yuans back, draping his arms over to hold onto his own arm with little strength. Yi Yuan held onto the back of Fen Bai's thighs and trudged forward, struggling with the awkward position of Fen Bai on his back.

"Why is it everytime I carry you on my back you're naked?"

"Adds to the fun, hehe."

Yi Yuan quickened his pace and continued to the subway entrance where his men were waiting, along the way bodies from both sides littered the floor, making their path even harder to pass. After five minutes Yi Yuan was thoroughly exhausted but pushed on, nearing the meeting point. A little later a man on their side rushed forward with a thin blanket, draping it over Fen Bais bloody back. Yi Yuan gave orders as he neared the car for their exit.

"Start the vehicles, one car follows behind, the others split in half to the industrial site and company."

Yi Yuan laid Fen Bai down in the back, his body was too long and he had to bend his legs up to fit properly. A thicker blanket was placed over Fen Bai as they set off, speeding towards the safe house. Yi Yuan made a call to Lu YiFeng informing him of their success and to wake the old lady for emergency treatment.

It took only half an hour for their party to reach the safe house. Yi Yuan carried Fen Bai in and the other men entered the neighbouring houses to set up watch. Fen Bai was already unconscious as he was laid on the sterilized dinner table, his legs hanging over the end. He had passed out from blood loss and an IV was quickly administered for a blood transfusion, the old lady worked quickly, placing the bag of blood on a stand before moving onto closing the wound on his penis.

"I'll need another bag of blood, is anyone his blood type?"

Lu YiFeng stepped forward and sat next to the table as Yi Yuan inserted the needle and attached a tube leading to another bag. Lin Yu was standing in the doorway of the basement watching quietly as to not get in the way. Yi Yuan spoke quietly to Lu YiFeng.

"You'll most likely feel faint halfway through, when that happens stop, your body is still weak."

"Boy, come here I need an assistant."

The old lady spoke harshly and Lin Yu quickly made his way over. He was told to hold a bag for the bloodied tissues and rope from around Fen Bais penis, his face paled as he saw what had been inflicted onto Fen Bai by his own father. The old lady inspected quickly before injecting the penis to numb it.

"Gloves on and clean his other wounds, we need to work quickly or else his wounds will become infected."

Lin Yu rushed to wear gloves then picked up tweezers and small pads, he rubbed iodine over Fen Bais cuts, starting from his toes and worked his way up. Lu YiFengs complexion had gotten worse because of giving blood but continued, even with Yi Yuan advising against it.

The old lady rubbed the cut head with iodine, making a small incision on each side since it had already clotted and closed slightly, she worked fast to stitch the wound and rubbd more iodine when finished. She looked at the amount of blood Lu YiFeng had given and told him it was enough. She quickly pushed another needle into Fen Bais other hand, two bags of blood transfused into Fen Bai at once. Lin Yu had worked his way up quickly cleaning the deep wounds and finished after the second bag of blood had been set up. The old lady handed him a needle and stitching thread.

"Watch me and follow what I do. We have to stitch most of these cuts."

Yi Yuan picked Lu YiFeng up and laid him on the couch before he searched in the kitchen for something for Lu YiFeng to eat. Lin Yu watched carefully as the old lady stitched the wounds closed at a fast pace, the first two wounds Lin Yu did were very sloppy but by the third he was able to stitch the wound properly, his pace quickening as he worked his way up Fen Bai's left side. The whole procedure was done in half an hour, but it exhausted Lin Yu to the point where he felt he could sleep while standing. He asked tiredly.

"Do we cover the stitches?"

"I don't have enough dressings, we'll just have to clean them more often. Yi Yuan come, we need to move him, he won't heal properly with his legs dangling like this."

Yi Yuan came back to the table and gently picked Fen Bai up again, taking him down to the basement bedroom. Lin Yu was following close behind holding both bags of blood. Yi Yuan, after placing Fen Bai in the first single bed, went back up stairs and carried Lu YiFeng down, putting him in the other single bed in the room. Lin Yu pulled a chair after the bags were set back up onto stands and sat down next to Fen Bai. The old lady gave a quick once over Fen Bai and left the room, bringing back two bags of clear fluid IV bags.

"When the bags of blood are empty, remove the tube and place it in here."

The old lady left after locking the basement behind her. Lin Yus eyes were struggling to stay open, but he forced himself to watch the bags so he could change them. Yi Yuan gave Lu YiFeng water before tucking him in properly and grabbing a chair, sitting with Lin Yu in between the two beds.

"Go to sleep Xiao Yu. I can change the IV bags."

"No, you've worked hard Yuan Ge, you should rest. There's a blanket on the couch."

Lin Yu didn't look away from Fen Bai as he talked. Yi Yuan got up and took the blanket from the couch but draped it over Lin Yu instead of himself.

"I'll shower first then. Call out if anything happens."

Un. Lin Yu sat silently and changed the bags as Yi Yuan was coming back into the room. A new set of clothes taken from the drawers in the room were worn by him. The old clothes from the attack had been placed in the bin. He sat back down on the chair leaning his head against the wall, he whispered to Lin Yu on the brink of sleeping.

"Sleep on the couch Xiao Yu, he'll be fine."

Lin Yu didn't move and draped the blanket over both his and Yi Yuans legs. Lin Yu didn't really sleep through the night, he would nod off to sleep but startle himself awake after only a few minutes. When the IV bags had emptied, he removed the tubes from Fen Bai, keeping the needle in, in case he would need another IV..

The sun rose but no light shone into the basement. At 9:00 am the old lady unlocked the door, bringing in lots of food for everyone. Fen Bai was still asleep only waking after the meal was finished. Lin Yu rushed over when he saw Fen Bai move but the old lady pushed him away to check over Fen Bai herself. After her inspection she quickly went upstairs, returning with two pairs of gloves, antiseptic cream and dressings.

"Work on his left, I'll do the right."

Lin Yu put on gloves and pushed out a large glob of cream onto the back of his hand. He worked at a speed close to the old lady's, only finishing one wound after her. The old lady checked over the head of the penis and there was no weeping or signs of infection, after cleaning and wrapping it she left to prepare Fen Bai a bowl of soup. Fen Bai had woken up again and tried to speak but his voice was hoarse.

"Water."

Lin Yu removed his gloves and propped Fen Bais head up to help him drink water, after half the glass was finished Fen Bais voice had somewhat returned to normal.

"Morning Xiao Yu."

Lin Yu rubbed water over Fen Bai's cracked lips, a lump was stuck in his throat as he held back tears. He could only smile helplessly at Fen Bai. The old lady came back handing the soup to Lin Yu with a spoon for him to feed Fen Bai with. After propping his body up with pillows, Lin Yu started feeding Fen Bai, paying close attention as to not spill anything since the soup would drip onto his bare skin and dressings. Fen Bai gazed at Lin Yu tenderly as he fed him the two of them didn't speak throughout the whole meal, once the soup was finished Lin Yu placed the bowl in the sink and washed it, before putting it in a dishrack to air dry and sat down in his seat next to Fen Bai. His butt had been numb for hours now since sitting in the chair but he couldn't bear to leave Fen Bai's side for too long, Lin Yu would even hold his pee until he was about to burst so that he could stay by Fen Bai.

Fen Bai pulled the blanket back, patting the small space beside him for Lin Yu to lie down but Lin Yu just tucked the blanket in, smoothing over the wrinkles and sat back down sleepily. Fen Bai couldn't stay awake for long as his body was still exhausted from his torturous night. Not long after he fell asleep, Lin Yu curled up onto himself and fell asleep too, when he woke up a couple hours later, Yi Yuan had moved him to the bed Lu YiFeng had slept in. He quickly got out of bed to sit in the chair, though Fen Bai was still sleeping and the beds were only one metre apart. Lin Yu covered himself in the blanket and nestled back onto the chair, falling back to sleep.

In the mid afternoon Lin Yu awoke on the bed again, Lu YiFeng and Yi Yuan were whispering to each other on the chairs, drinking tea. Lu YiFeng saw Lin Yu jolt awake and smiled over to him.

"Don't worry, Fen Bai has eaten lunch. Go and eat Xiao Yu, yours is on the table, it should still be warm. "

"I'll bring it here to eat."

Lu YiFeng got up with him and closed the bedroom door.

"Eat at the table Xiao Yu, Fen Bai is asleep and when he wakes up he only stays awake long enough to finish a meal."

Lin Yu scoffed down the stew the old lady had made along with rice. After the quick meal he went to enter the room but Lu YiFeng made him sit at the table to finish two glasses of water. Lin Yu hopped off the chair toddling, a little bloated, to the room but was stopped by Lu YiFeng again.

"Go shower, afterwards you can help the old lady wash Fen Bai."

Lin Yu wanted to go back to the room but Lu YiFeng wouldn't let him in until he had bathed. After getting out of the shower and putting on fresh clothes, the old lady was waiting at the small table for him with warm water, antiseptic soap and soft sponges.

"Come, we need to wash him fast so his body doesn't become cold, he can't wear clothes yet so he has to move beds. Once we've washed him the sheets can be cleaned. Lin Yu carried the water for the old lady, following quickly behind her fast pace. Lu YiFeng and Yi Yuan left the room but the door remained open. Like always, Lin Yu worked on the left side as he removed the dressings, afterwards he soaked his sponge with warm soapy water and gently rubbed Fen Bais bruised bloody skin. The healthy wheat skin tone he used to have was now pale.

"Xiao Yuan, come roll him."

Yi Yuan came into the room, gently rolling Fen Bai onto his side, Lu YiFeng came in to help hold Fen Bai, sinceFen Bai had been tied to a chair, the back of his body hadn't been injured, except for a couple large bruises around his shoulder blades.

"Stop, hold him in place."

The old lady pressed around Fen bais shoulder

"Argh, what are you doing?"

Fen Bai groaned out in a muddled state while the old lady pressed around more, then she pulled the shoulder from it's socket and moved it back into place. Fen Bai grunted then relaxed. The old lady rushed upstairs, bringing back medical tape to strap his shoulder.

"Lay him on the other bed."

Yi Yuan grabbed him around his arm pits and Lu YiFeng carried his ankles moving him to the other bed. Fen Bai was awake now and pointed to his leg.

"Here hurts, deep in the leg."

The old lady straightened the leg then felt around the thigh and hip as well as the knee, going back to the thigh and pressed down firmly, Fen Bai clenched his jaw as to not swear at her.

"We would've noticed a break and it's not dislocated. Must be a hairline fracture. I'll get you painkillers, it'll heal with time."

Lin Yu cleaned up, pouring the dirty water out and ripping off the sheets and blankets from the bed, placing them in a pile on the bowl with the sponges. He stopped in the doorway of the room while holding the heavy bowl, out of breath.

"What's the old lady's name?"

Fen Bai spoke tiredly.

"Just call her Old Lady."

Old Lady came back down the stairs, pushing Lin Yu out of her way. She handed over two pill bottles, both filled with painkillers. Lin Yu had placed the bowl on the table as he waited for Old Lady to come back. After she finished helping Fen Bai take the pills with water, she left the room walking past Lin Yu before calling out from the stairs.

"Come, help with the laundry."

Lin Yu followed behind, carrying the heavy bowl out of breath, Old Lady didn't have a washing machine, so he he had to wash the sheets and blankets in a tub by hand. Lin Yu laughed to himself, thinking how Fen Bai would rsct it he saw him washing dirty sheets. The weather was extremely cold now since it was winter and the water had turned from too hot to freezing cold, Lin Yus hands were red and like ice by the time he had hung everything out in the back lawn. Old Lady was standing in the kitchen stirring a pot when he returned inside.

"Sit, wrap your hands in this and warm up."

Old lady handed over a warm thin pillow that had rice inside, Lin Yu folded it over his hands. The warmth actually felt more like his hands were on fire but he kept them covered regardless. Lin Yu didn't speak unless spoken to when it came to strangers and it was the same with Old Lady.

"Your with Xiao Bai?"

Un.

"You know who I am?"

"No"

"Pei. That boy. I'm his fucking grandmother."

Lin Yu fixed his posture and greeted her politely but she just waved her hand.

"We're not related by blood but I raised the little shit. You know Grandma Mi? She was my neighbour years ago"

Old Lady started talking about Fen Bai and how she first found him. He had been left on the side of the road in a vegetable box. It had been a sweltering summer thay year and Old Lady had heard hoarse cries from where she was picking berries. She took Fen Bai home and fed him fresh cows milk, rubbing it on his burnt skin too. She had figured someone would come for him but after one month she had thrown away that idea. Growing up, Fen Bai had always been a hard person to get along with, as he would pick fights with people just for fun; like every other day he met Yi Yuan, who had grown up in the neighbourhood too, and the two boys started fighting each other. Old Lady saw them and smacked both of their butts with the laundry fork she was holding. Lin Yu hadn't known anything about Fen Bais background, he had always figured his family must've been in the same business as him since he was so successful.

"You better watch out, he's a fucking asshole."

Lin Yu burst into laughter, Xiu Chenle had also told him Fen Bai was an asshole but really, he had only been picked on by Fen Bai twice, both times he hadn't been the actual cause and it was only because of matters to do with work. Lin Yu tried to speak between laughs.

"Fen Bai, haha, treats me well."

Un. Old Lady poured the soup into bowls and placed four onto a tray.

"Take this down stairs."

Lin Yu left Old Lady to eat her lunch alone and went to feed Fen Bai. Lu YiFeng was on the computer when he placed the tray down, the company had been successfully moved to a new site that outsiders didn't know about, the old company was still running to keep up the illusion they hadn't done anything, but only small side jobs were issued through there now. Yi Yuan was on his phone but placed it down and tugged Lu YiFeng from his chair when the food arrived. Lin Yu left his bowl and brought in Fen Bais meal, he was on his phone talking to someone so Lin Yu could only wait; he sat down on the chair, holding the warm bowl. Fen Bai ended the call and took the bowl from Lin Yu.

"Where's yours?"

Lin Yu quickly took the bowl back, careful not to spill anything and started trying to feed Fen Bai, but he didn't open his mouth.

"Ahhh."

Lin Yu opened his mouth wide hoping Fen Bai would copy, but his mouth stayed shut.

"Your shoulder is still healing Fen Bai."

"Hold the bowl, I'll feed myself."

Lin Yu could only compromise after another failed attempt to feed Fen Bai, the left shoulder had been dislocated but luckily Fen Bai was right handed and could eat properly, after he finished he told Lin Yu to eat his own food.

"Next meal just place the tray on my lap, don't eat cold food Xiao Yu. The weather is too cold, you'll end up sick."

Lin Yu nodded as he walked out and quickly drank his lukewarm soup as he stood at the table, afterwards he stacked the bowls on the tray and walked back to the first floor kitchen. Old Lady was standing at the window, peeking outside. When she heard Lin Yu in the kitchen she brought Lin Yu back to the basement.

"Bedroom, now."

Yi Yuan and Li YiFeng followed into the small bedroom, sitting on the single bed while Old Lady stood.

"People are driving past more often now, you'll have to leave soon. It's best to do so at night."

Lin Yu was surprised, shouldn't everything end now that his father was dead? Fen Bai spoke as if he had already known this.

"Un. I've already ordered two cars, one will take you to a safe point, the other we'll drive."

"I ain't leaving this place Xiao Bai, you can take your little boyfriend with you and that will be that."

Fen Bai didn't speak but everyone could see he was swearing in his head at Old Lady. Fen Bai stared at Old Lady with a stern glare on his face until she finally relented and agreed to leave, but only for a short period, then would return on her own. Lin Yu turned to Fen Bai, asking softly.

"Where are the four of us going?"

Fen Bais gaze softened as well as his tone when he turnedt to Lin Yu.

"You'll see when we get there."

Everyone left the cramped bedroom, leaving Fen Bai and Lin Yu alone, Fen Bai pulled the blanket back and patted the space next to him. Lin Yu tried to pull the blanket to tuck it under the mattress but Fen Bais grip with one hand, was stronger than his two hands.

"What? You don't want to cuddle now that I'm broken?"

Lin Yu didn't know whether to laugh or cry and he could only give up, hopping on the bed. Lin Yu stuck close to the edge awkwardly, as to not touch Fen Bais wounds. Fen Bai reached over with his right arm and pulled Lin Yu closer. Lin Yus feet were ice cold since there were not enough slippers for everyone and he had insisted Lu YiFeng wear them, Fen Bai lifted his leg and placed it over Lin yus frozen feet.

"Take better care of yourself Xiao Yu."

Fen Bai rubbed over the dark circles under Lin Yus eyes then slid his finger down the soft face, rubbing his thumb over the chapped lips, Lin Yu bit down on the thumb lightly before snuggling close to Fen Bai.

"Why should I take care of myself? you take care of me well enough."

Fen Bai flicked his forehead and laid down with a grunt, Lin Yu had already fallen asleep and was breathing deeply with his nose pressed into Fen Bais ribs. Yi Yuan came in to ask Fen Bai Something but was silently shooed out before he could get a word out.

. . . . . .

Lin Yu slept until it was time to get ready to leave at 12:30 am. He and Old Lady checked over Fen Bais dressings again before they dressed him. Lin Yu picked out baggy black cargo pants and a thick hoodie for Fen Bai since he couldn't wear underwear or tight clothes. With everyone's bags packed, they left small house for the cars waiting outside. Yi Yuan carried Fen Bai on his back, setting him down in the back of the car since he couldn't drive. Old Lady came over to where Fen Bai was sitting and handed over a large bag, filled with soups and hot tea for their trip, she then closed the door and walked to her own car. Fen Bai placed the bag on the empty seat next to him, not saying anything as he watched Old Lady get into the large car.

7