Giving the elixir to Nadia. Complex emotions.
2.2k 7 110
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 15

"I will leave."

He quickly knew that any further confrontation would only be a disaster so he tactfully surrendered.

But before leaving, he glanced at half dead Oliver with a fierce glint in his eyes.

He had some thoughts at the moment which no one knew about.

After the trio left, Nadia slowly walked up to the unconscious Oliver and crouched down, observing his bruised face.

She looked at the sky and her eyes shone in a strange color and in the next moment, all the hidden eyes suddenly left their vicinity leaving the two alone.

This was her authority!

"With this, we are even."

Nadia said as she took out a small glass tube carrying a green liquid and slowly poured its contents in Oliver's mouth.

She watched as the injuries on his body quickly started to recover at a tremendous speed and in a minute, he was fully back from his half-dead state from before.

"Cough.. Cough.."

With a few coughs, he suddenly inhaled a large amount of air as his eyes opened wide.

He quickly sat up and saw Nadia looking at him with no particular emotion.

"We should be even with this."

She said as she got up.

'My injuries are all gone? Did she use a healing potion on me?'

He wondered as he touched his face and felt his smooth skin once again indicating a full recovery.

'I am saved…' He felt weak from inside, he had never been beaten so badly in his two lifetimes.

At the time he was being beaten, he felt death closely… he was scared… and powerless.

Suddenly a burst of rage surged from within him, he should have used his special eyes on them at that time.

But upon further thought, he believed that it was a good decision that he did not use them, the entire area was surrounded by hidden guards making note of every thing.

Two, he still did not have the appropriate mastery over them… and third, he was beaten so fast that his brain could not process to even think of using them as a means to save himself.

This all suggested that he still did not have enough experience in using his special eyes.

He felt like a retard, even after having such a great power in his hands, he still got beaten up?

What was the use even after all this?

He shifted his thoughts away as he saw Nadia walking away, back to her courtyard.

He quickly followed after her.

"What?"

She paused and looked back, her eyes still cold as ice.

"Wait a moment, Nadia. Originally, I came here to give you something so take that before you leave."

Oliver also did not wanted to stay there anymore, he quickly wanted to go back to his courtyard and form a revenge plan and rest.

He had decided that the trio from before were as good as dead from this moment forth.

Nadia furrowed her brows, he came here to give her something?

Suddenly her heart rate accelerated as she watched him take out a blue glass tube from his pocket.

An Elixir!

A body-strengthening elixir!

Her heartbeat suddenly quickened, she didn't know why but looking at him taking out a body strengthening elixir made her feel itchy in chest.

No, it was not because of the body strengthening elixir, she could have gotten one for herself if she had asked from the clan.

It was due to something else…

It was because of the fact that he had come all the way here to give this elixir to her.

Why?

She opened her mouth but no words seemed to come out at the moment, she seemed to want to say something but could not speak…

'Why can't I speak?'

She asked herself, she wanted to interrogate him about how he found this precious thing…

She felt as if there was a lump in her throat prohibiting her from speaking.

He had come here to give her an elixir and was almost beaten to death.

She knew the rarity of an elixir, although she could easily get one from the clan, it did not mean that they were not precious, she knew that even her siblings would need to spend many resources to obtain one of the elixirs.

Logically speaking, if by any chance, he got his hands on an elixir, it should be obvious for him to use it on himself rather than give it to someone else.

Wasn't he much weaker than her?

This was so foolish… she wanted to be disappointed at his lack of intellect but found it hard for some reason.

Instead, her heart rate pace increased, and her face felt hot for some reason.

She was feeling a sudden burst of unknown emotions, she did not what was happening…

'Suppress.'

She tried to suppress the loud beating of her heart, she did not want him to accidentally hear her loud heartbeat. It would be a great blow to her pride if that happened.

She was shocked once again that she could not calm herself down.

This feeling… it was same as that time when she cried for the first time and it happened in front of him at that time too.

She had thought that she had grown up after that shameful incident last time and has increased her mental resistance as well…

She did not understand what did he do that always made her lose herself, she would never act or behave like this whenever she was around others but now…

And why was it that it always was him?

Didn't her mother also provided her with extremely precious and rare resources all the time? So why did she not feel like this for her mother?

This all felt too confusing for the little genius. For someone like her, who had been learning to discern people from a glance felt conflicted with herself.

"Here take it quick, don't refuse, I am very lacking in talent and this won't work much on me so it's better for you to use it and grow stronger."

Oliver who did not know what his expressionless sister was thinking quickly stuffed the elixir in her hands, he did not wanted to stay in this place any longer lest some more nuisances popped up.

If someone annoying really did come this time, he did not think that he could restrain himself from using the special eyes like earlier, especially now that the guards were not there either.

110