Teaching the impudent clan guardian a lesson!
1.4k 4 60
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 43

He got to know about the 'Demon Hunt' organized by his clan.

He was one day suddenly informed by his maid about it and how it was mandatory for him to participate in it as well.

He argued about how he would not be able to contend given his strength but received a counter that stated that all the heirs of the clan must participate, it has been a long tradition of his clan to nurture the young heirs.

And not to mention that the event would be supervised properly to ensure that no one dies by the elders themselves.

All the clan's heirs were potential assets of that clan so it would be extremely stupid to let them die out in hunt early on… when they could grow to be powerhouses in the future.

Oliver felt confused by all of this. They clearly knew how talentless he was but still ordered him to participate.

Not to mention, he had always lived in isolation so suddenly calling out to him was a surprise to him.

What was the reason?

Was it just mismanagement on their side? Probably not.

Was he supposed to be a bait and be eliminated for good during the hunt? Unlikely, considering they could dispose him anytime they want.

Or…

Were they aware of his recent increase in strength?

That would definitely explain why they wanted him to also join the hunt, they must want to determine his worth at the hunting ground directly and possibly uncover his secret to the sudden growth.

If this was so, then how did they come to know of it?

Would they have not directly detained him the moment they realized that he had somehow gotten strong and had awakened strange powers?

Normally, a common person with no talent or power suddenly becoming strong one day would definitely arouse suspicion.

The suspicion that they had come in contact with a demon and had formed a contract with them thus becoming a heretic who had betrayed humanity and embraced demons.

Such people would directly be taken by the clans for an interrogation and cleansing.

Yes, cleansing, the clans were aware of how fickle-minded people were and how cunning demons were.

The demons would approach them when they were at their lowest, offering countless benefits and allures, brainwashing their minds into thinking they were allies and forming contracts to enslave their souls and control their bodies like puppets.

Not only ordinary humans but even exorcists were victims of such tactics. Demons were skilled and cunning, they used emotions like anger, jealousy, lust and pride to establish control.

Thus, the clans had special cleansing and purification techniques that helped the possessed heretics to become free from demon's control and regain their senses.

Once successful, the demon was either eliminated by banishment or captured.

Of course, the stronger the demonic presence, the harder it was.

Overall, the silver lining was that he was not suspected of being a heretic which further complicated things for him to decipher.

He could not understand what the clan elites and elders were thinking about him? Were they aware of his special existence or not?

Just as he was deep in thought, he heard a sound.

"Meow…"

He looked up and saw the lazy white cat yawning while stretching her body.

She looked at him and extended her paw as if demanding something.

Her face showed what she wanted to say.

It was clearly saying, 'It's time, go and prepare my meal, what are you dozing off to?'

"…."

Oliver looked at her speechlessly, he finally understood the reason about why he was told to join the hunt as well.

It was all this damn cat's fault!

She had probably used her authority to add his name in the list of candidates as well.

"You…"

He let out a strained smile as he controlled his facial expressions, he was super pissed at the moment.

The clan guardian must have used her authority or else there was no other way to explain the situation.

His powers were not exposed and he was still required to join the demon hunt event?

He would be a fool to not know why this happened now.

And looking at her shamelessly extending her paw while laying on the mat further made him lose his mind.

He took a deep breath to calm himself.

"You want food, right? I will prepare a special treat for you today because of your good work."

Oliver smiled in a strange manner and announced as he slowly got up.

Zippy's ears perked up when she heard of special treat as saliva started to form in her mouth, she had to admit that the meals this boy cooked were quite good.

Although she did not understand what he meant by 'good work', she didn't care, her entire focus was on imagining what special treat was she going to get today.

She was quite excited to try what he was preparing!

Oliver went to the kitchen and started preparing something, he had no expression on his face at this moment. His eyes were dull as he chopped off a vegetable into two.

It was quite scary how nonchalantly he was cooking.

"Zippy, you won't mind a little spice, right?"

He asked in a soft voice to which the cat replied with a soft meow as well.

For some reason, the cat felt a strange chill in her heart that she quite didn't understand.

'Are demons ready for war?' She puzzlingly thought of why she was feeling this bad premonition in her heart but she soon discarded the notion of war taking place anytime soon.

Nonetheless, she looked at Oliver and gave her consent, she liked spicy things!

Seeing the cat nodding like a human, he didn't react and looked back at the dish.

Besides him were two bottles of suspiciously labeled sauces. It was unknown who had brought them and for what purpose.

Oliver looked at those familiar bottles and his mind had flashbacks of him bargaining with the shopkeeper for this and the warnings the shop owner repeatedly gave him to use it in very little amounts.

He picked up the bottle and poured it on the dish without stopping, his eyes had no light as he prepared the dish.

"It's ready."

He placed the dish and softly called for the cat who eagerly rushed.

Sniff…

The cat sniffed and felt the dish smelled funny for some reason but glancing up at Oliver's smiling and peaceful face, she felt she was being too sensitive.

'Well then, let's dig in~!'

Crunch!

She took a huge bite…

In the very next instant, an explosion happened!

__________________

60