The auction is finally here!
1.4k 3 54
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 45

Even a person with below-average espera talent level could eventually train physically daily and start on his path as a physical exorcist. 

The requirements for this type were quite minimal, and a large population of exorcists were physical exorcists.

Oliver felt that this was an appropriate action from his side; the maids reported all his actions to the higher-ups so naturally, such an anomaly in his daily actions would be reported quickly.

This way, he would have to face less trouble once he reveals a portion of his strength.

He knew there was no other choice than this; the clan elders and his mother were not stupid. 

They were all veteran exorcists and could discern his capabilities at a glance if he slipped out even slightly.

At that moment, he wouldn't be able to handle the consequences for it, so he decided it was better to let them know beforehand that he was not entirely useless.

Not to mention, he barely had any espera, and Nadia was not going to break through to become a Rank-1 exorcist any time soon, most probably. So even if they thoroughly sensed him, they would only find that he had slightly greater strength and nothing more.

He unwrapped the brown cloth from the weapon anew, and a shiny rapier came into view.

It had a silver body and a bluish handle to hold it. The rapier was beautifully designed and looked robust to some degree.

He swung the rapier around and felt that it should be enough for him to freely practice the [Sovereign Strike of Infinite Freedom] daily.

He felt that the rapier was just an extension of his hand as he moved the weapon very gracefully with slow movements.

The maid looked at him in a trance as she felt that the rapier was moving very beautifully. It was as if an expert was making the weapon dance.

She got out of her daze when he stopped the movements and put it down.

"You did good; you can leave now."

Oliver said to her as he folded his hands.

The maid understood that he wanted to be left alone and quickly got up.

"Understood, if the young master wants anything else in the future, please call for me."

She told him in a professional tone, indicating that if he did something like this again, he should inform them first.

Naturally, he didn't care what she meant or not. His purpose was fulfilled; he was now sure that soon his news would reach the ears of those who were interested.

'I might even receive slightly better treatment as well if all goes well in the future…'

Oliver mused; strength was everything after all.

He took out his smartphone from a hidden box and looked up to see updates about the auction, and sure enough, the date has been released. It's in about a week from now.

"Finally, it's here…"

______________

For the rest of the following week, all he did was train his special eyes, martial techniques, or his water element.

He had become quite proficient in using the [Six Thoughtful Steps of the Spirits] technique.

The shape training method was indeed very useful for a beginner like him.

He had been slowly increasing the number of shapes every day as he improved, and now he could easily cross 150 shapes without breaking a sweat.

His speed and strength were quite good now… although it was not much in this world's standards, to him, who was once a normal person in an ordinary world, it was incredible!

He has also been practicing [Sovereign Strike of Infinite Freedom] daily this whole week, and he had to admit although he felt familiar the more he practiced, the technique was quite tough to master.

It was ten times harder than [Press of Liberty], so while its impact was tenfold stronger, all the other requirements were also harder.

'Well, at least I still have the experience from Nadia's training…'

As for his water element, the progress was slow but it was there. 

He knew that unless he awakened a good espera talent, the speed would remain slow like this.

The auction was today, and he was just getting ready to visit the market where it was going to be held.

"Zippy, I'll be going to the market, will probably be late; your food is on the table."

Oliver shouted behind; the clan guardian has been docile ever since the previous incident, which made him satisfied.

By now, he had gotten used to living with the cat, considering the fact that the cat also had intellect, he treated her as a person and thus prepared her food before leaving.

He was carrying a bag behind his back which had the rapier he had purchased a week ago.

Of course, the auction house would not allow him to bring any weapons inside, so he intended to leave it outside.

He had brought it just in case some situation developed.

_______________

Zip!

He opened his bag and took out a black summer cap and a plain white mask which he quickly wore.

The market was noisy today considering the special day it was.

Rich and influential people from various places had come to visit the clan today in hopes of joining the auction.

So the market was bustling with activities.

Of course, this was entirely limited to the market.

The place where the auction was going to be held was quiet, and multiple exorcists in uniforms were patrolling the area around.

Oliver could spot multiple people in fancy coats and gowns entering the extravagant auction house.

His features were concealed, and unless someone deliberately removed his cap and mask, they wouldn't easily recognize him.

He went to the gates of the auction where he was stopped by the guards at the entrance who looked at him weirdly.

After all, who wouldn't feel weird upon seeing a small boy in black, silk-made kimono with a weird full-face white mask and black summer cap coming to them.

They were, however, professionals, and since there was no formal dress code specified, the guests were free to dress however they wished.

Plus, all the people here were very powerful and influential; the guards wouldn't want to offend a powerful exorcist in disguise.

"Guest, please show the ticket and verify your identity."
__________________

The novel is also being updated on Webnovel

54