Auction continues…
941 2 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 47

It simply meant that this person had a deep background and preferred to keep a low profile.

He was most likely a hidden expert!

Among the many people on the 2nd floor was a particular balcony and there was a woman with a very feminine and enticing silhouette sitting.

She had great curves and was radiating no espera just like Oliver.

Even Oliver did not look at her direction since he had not felt a gaze from her earlier.

The woman in the dark face-palmed herself as she let out a sigh.

"What is this little kid doing here?"

This woman was none other than Jenna Sullivan!

And right now, she was contemplating about Oliver; initially, she had come to this auction upon being invited by the clan and receiving some information about the various artifacts.

There were going to be some special artifacts that she wanted to bid for.

She arrived at the auction early, and out of nowhere, he also joined the auction hall.

White mask, black cap… he couldn't look more suspicious!

Although his get-up was so-so for his level, she was able to recognize him easily.

Why?

Because this silly kid forgot to change his clothes!

He had worn the exact same kimono he had worn when they had met.

She shook her head, if someone had seen him that day then they would easily recognize him.

It was good that he was within his clan boundaries so she didn't have to look out for him as a superior.

The worst that could happen was punishment from the clan if he pulled any tricks.

If he had done such a carelessness outside in the world where all sorts of individuals were rampant, they would not hesitate to behead him if he somehow offended them.

'Could he be any more stupid…?'

She sighed, at least he was still wearing the [Wrap of Quantum Darkness] he had taken from her last time.

"No… I won't get into his matters."

She had no intentions to get involved with this witty brat at all.

No espera, openly challenging people stronger than him, bluffing his way out…

It was better not to get involved with him or else she might also get dragged if he falls into trouble.

She steeled her mind and looked at the stage where the auctioneer had finally arrived holding a microphone.

The auctioneer was a young and attractive woman; she dressed boldly and her make-up was not bad. This was all done to keep the audience interested.

"Welcome, ladies and gentlemen. As you may all know, this is the yearly auction that takes place here around this time every year. The rules here are quite simple, just like any other auction, if you wish to buy an item, simply raise your bid with the specified amount."

She paused and looked at the audience before continuing, "And of course, no disruptions will be tolerated, I am sure everyone experienced is already aware of this but for the newcomers, do note that you're inside the boundaries of the Mystic Purge Clan so if you act out of order then be prepared to deal with the consequences. Rest you are all smart enough."

"Then without delay, let's begin the auction!"

She said in a cheerful voice as she pressed a button and lights became focused on the stage.

A man dressed in coat and pants entered the stage with a metallic trolley.

He swiftly placed a glass box on the table placed at the center of the stage.

"And our very first item is this Moonstone Pipe. An excellent choice if you're in need of peace or need enhanced focus! The starting bid will be starting from 400,000 Neden!"

"500,000…"

"900,000!"

"1,200,000!"

"1,500,000…!"

People started bidding immediately just as the auctioneer stopped.

Oliver stroked his chin as he thought of the instrument.

It could be said that the auction staff did not provide the details about the artifact; it was possible that the details would be disclosed after purchase or that only some items will be described properly.

During the auction, the item would only be introduced briefly; the rest depended on the ability of the bidder to discern the true value of the item and bid for it against others who recognized the item.

If he had not guessed wrongly, [The Moonlight Pipe] was an artifact related to instrumental type, and probably has the ability to draw the moon's energy to provide a calming effect to the person using it.

"That's it! The item has been purchased by number 33 for 4 million Neden! You can collect your items after the auction! Congratulations!"

The auctioneer congratulated the person and moved onto the next item.

"The next item! It's called [The Glow of The Slave] and is a purification tool which is highly effective against medium-ranking demons! It has been crafted by one of the senior blacksmiths from the Forging Association!"

"The starting price will be 1 million Neden!"

"1,300,000!"

"1,400,000!"

"1,700,000!"

"1,950,000!"

"2,500,000…!"

The bids were raised fiercely; none of the guests present wanted to miss an exorcism tool crafted by a senior forger from the Forging association!

Oliver was interested in the instrument but did not bid; he was waiting for something even better. Although these things were quite good, it was not something he wanted.

The auction continued, and Oliver just waited; there were many great items, from precious herbs to mysterious weapons and artifacts, nothing was lacking; he was even offered free refreshments as well.

One more thing he noticed was that none of the people on the second floor had bid on anything yet, which meant that they probably either had similar thoughts as him or they had special advanced information about the items that were going to be displayed.

"We will now be taking a short break, and the phase 2 of the auction will take place afterwards."

With that, some people slowly dispersed and left, while some stayed.

It was clear that they knew the 2nd phase would be for the big shots and bids would be very pricey undoubtedly. So it was a waste of time to stay.

He noticed that a good chunk of people on the lower floor had left and now it was quite sparse.

The people on the upper floors in the balconies were still seated, obviously waiting for the second phase eagerly.

He calmly rested his back against the chair and sighed; the true auction was about to start, the items were going to be terrifying. He was sure there would be excellent stuff that would make them drool.
__________________

44