Life-draining weapon? The auction is good!
1.1k 4 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 49

He suddenly felt her gaze turn intense for a moment as if she felt his sympathy.

"Anyways, don't bother me."

He mouthed the words for her to understand, shifting his face mask slightly and used [Cosmic Void Gaze] to see her response.

For some reason, he felt she was angry and her gaze was hostile, though she quickly calmed down soon.

He read her mouth, "(I am not interested in your activities, don't get me into trouble.)" and was speechless.

He could not help but wonder if she was really not interested, if she was really not interested then why was she staring at him again and again earlier?

Not to mention, she had the audacity to tell him to not create trouble for her? She was really bold!

Nonetheless, he had told her what he wanted to and felt this should be enough for her to not bother him.

He sighed, even though he was the child here, why did he feel as if she was the one who behaved like a little kid?

He knew that she had probably already recognized him earlier and that's why she kept looking at him. This was why he did not hesitate to shift his mask and reply to her for a moment.

He thought about what gave away his identity? Did she recognize him by his height? His aura should be negligible for her to sense after all.

Or did she see the [Wrap of Quantum Darkness] somehow under his clothes?

As he thought of this, he felt she was indeed a pervert.

__________________

"Welcome back ladies and gentlemen! The phase two of the auction will now be beginning!"

The auctioneer had changed, and her tone was more serious than before.

Without wasting a second, she announced, "Bring in the first item!" as two men approached the stage, holding a brown leather box.

Click!

With a click, one of them slowly opened the box, unleashing a dark and sinister esper from the contents within—it was a blade!

A fairly long, thin blade made of ceramic, gripped by expensive ruby-red buffalo skin, greeted the audience. Its razor-sharp point made it a perfect choice for those wishing to puncture their enemies with ruthless speed.

The blade's spiked, slightly warped cross-guard ensured an ideal weight balance, facilitating smooth and accurate swings. Plain coils adorned each side of the cross-guard, a common feature on many weapons.

A large pommel decorated with modest gems adorned the weapon; anything more extravagant would have seemed wasteful.

Despite its simplicity, the blade bore no markings or engravings; such embellishments were deemed too costly, even for demons.

Engravings were magical and boosted a weapon's strength by multiple times; some expert forgers could even add attributes to a weapon!

"This blade was once used by a high-ranking wraith monk in the demon army according to our sources… the demon was exorcised by the clan and its belongings were brought back."

She paused, letting the information sink before continuing for the eager audience.

"This blade has the power to drain the life force of opponents to some degree and induce corruption to both body and soul using the darkness element. A very great weapon for the exorcists with darkness element!"

The auctioneer smirked as she looked at the anticipated gazes of the exorcists in the audience.

"The starting price for this would be 5 million Neden."

"10 million!"

"15 million!"

"25 million!"

"40 million…!"

The bids were raised fiercely; no sooner did she stop speaking.

It was evident that almost all of them wanted that blade, a blade once used by a high-ranking demon was extraordinary undoubtedly.

Not to mention the life-draining effect; it could significantly boost the strength of an exorcist with darkness element.

The auctioneer deliberately priced the weapon so low in order to provoke the ultra-rich present in the crowd.

Oliver could only helplessly listen to the absurd amounts being raised without batting an eye by these people. Of course, he was also interested in buying that blade but could not...

The life-draining property was quite the rare find, it would help him a lot in the future if he managed to acquire that weapon somehow...

It was basically a weapon that could grow to some potential in the future by draining life. Such growth-type weapons were extremely rare and he was surprised that this auction had managed to get one.

And they were even willing to sell it instead of using it themselves?

This was weird...

Did that weapon carry only a limited potential?

This was likely the case else no one would be stupid enough to sell it in an auction...

He felt like he was a frog in the bottom of a well and was slightly embarrassed.

Earlier he was quite happy and proud that he managed to earn 13 million Neden and felt it would help him buy something in the auction but now listening to these people raising tens to hundreds of millions like nothing, he fell into doubt.

He felt that he might not even get a chance to purchase anything at all in this auction today…

'No matter, I should at least sit and look at the things they have…'

In the end, he sighed and just shrunk back into his plush chair as he calmly listened to the excited voices of random exorcists.

His hopes were crushed but he still stayed just to get a look at the things brought out today for them by the auction house.

'The Mystic Purge Clan is indeed extremely rich, just a casual weapon they put on the auction already raised so much money. As long as one had strength, making money was only a matter of time.'

He wondered about the precious treasury of his clan and felt that his siblings were truly lucky. If they trained hard and grew stronger, they would be nurtured by the best of resources in the clan.

Nadia was the prime example of this; he felt a bit better when he thought about how he would be receiving tenfold benefits from her in the future.

"That's it! The blade of the Wraith Monk now belongs to number 42!"

Oliver was brought back from his thoughts by the loud voice of the auctioneer.

He didn't hear clearly but apparently the blade of the Wraith monk was sold for around a hundred million Neden.

Oliver laughed to himself as he heard her present the next item.

"The next item is a powerful exorcism technique… it's known by the bold name: [Predatory River Method], a technique highly recommended for exorcists specializing in using tools!"

She sounded excited as she read the next part.

"This technique has been developed from the teaching of Barcia Darbi, the famous battle exorcist! Some people say that she has left to look for challenges in the demon territory. Moving onto, this technique has…"

Oliver's ears perked up when he heard the name.

'Barcia Darbi… huh.'
____________________

Announcement

✨ Come Join WinterDragon573 on Patreon! ✨

Get special stuff and be part of our awesome group! Hang out with us on Patreon to see behind-the-scenes content, get early access, and chat with us!

You can join for free or become a supporter. Either way, it's gonna be fun!

Don't miss out! Jump in now at http://patreon.com/WinterDragon573 and let's have a blast together! 🚀✨

45