The last item. A demon!
1.3k 12 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 53

In the end, he had purchased the [Stone of Sight], and it was not for no reason either.

It was not that he wanted to interfere in the plot and get involved with the high priestess of the Vasa family or anything like that.

It's just that he was more or less interested in obtaining [Future Sight] for himself.

Now, he had no intentions to sacrifice his sight to gain that or anything.

He had better ways to go around it.

It was said that the vessel for [Future Sight] must have blank eyes to be able to adjust to the powers and divinity it brought along.

But did he have to fear being unable to bear the load of [Future Sight] on him?

Definitely not!

He was someone with an evolved and upgraded version of one of the special eyes, the [Abyss Eyes], so it was a given that he could easily handle the load of such power himself.

[Cosmic Void Gaze] was an unfathomable power, and something like [Future Sight] was very small in front of it.

He could easily assimilate the power to see the future into his eyes to some extent.

Although he was quite sure that the effects he would have after that would be significantly reduced. He wouldn't be able to predict the future as accurately as a person with the complete version of it.

But that was totally fine. He just wanted to add one more card or weapon in his arsenal. No matter how insignificant the effects of [Future Sight] might become, it would be better than having nothing at all!

Not to mention, that he felt that he could also satisfy the other conditions as well.

He calmly waited for the auction to be over.

It was time for the final item of the auction, and his anticipations were quite high considering they were usually the best of the items.

"Now then, moving onto the final item for this auction…" The auctioneer's voice was filled with excitement as two men brought a huge thing covered with a white cloth onto the stage.

The audience also held their breath; it was definitely worth looking at…

"Take off the covers! Let the audience feast their eyes on this item!"

Multiple gasps and exclamations were heard as the cover was taken off.

"What!?"

"A demon!"

"They have gotten an impressive find!"

"Fuck! Didn't expect this demon to be here!"

"You're seeing it right! It's a demon! A rare Michi, to be specific. It's an extremely rare demon and was very hard to subdue alive. As exorcists, you all must be familiar with this demon, so I will not say much. We all know how precious this is."

The auctioneer stated as a tense atmosphere gripped the crowd; it was an extremely precious thing and most present knew its worth.

But the problem was that this demon was going to be sold very high, and most probably all the VIPs on the second floor were going to fiercely bid for this.

The people on the ground floor could only listen at this moment; interfering now would be useless and offensive.

None of them wanted to offend the strong individuals above for this.

"The bidding will start at 50 million Neden."

"60 million."

"80 million."

"120 million."

"150 million…"

Terrifying amounts were raised without batting an eye by the VIPs present; they all knew what this demon was worth and wanted it.

Oliver sat on his chair and looked at the demonic creature closely, observing its features with interest.

The creature was taller than a lamppost and moved crouched and close to the ground. Its blistery skin looked melted onto its swollen muscles.

Its body appeared to be covered in a foul-smelling liquid. It had 2 arms that were too long for its body and ended in hook-like teal talons.

Two grotesque arms sprouted from its back like wings. Its face was bloated and bulbous. Its mouth gaped open with rows of saw-like teeth and a long black tongue. It had a single ooze-secreting white dot for an eye.

'A Michi…'

He knew of this demon from the novel; the reason the exorcists were so excited to see this demon was due to its special qualities.

The demon possessed a poison brain. There were 17 different pathways inside the demon's brains which could be used to extract and make 17 types of terrifying poisons.

Capturing a Michi was very difficult as they usually lived in harsh environments and would rather die than be captured. That's why a living Michi was a rarity.

He was feeling a sense of awe; he had never seen a fantasy creature before. All he was familiar with was a lazy and fat cat at home so far.

So seeing a demon for the first time in his life left him impressed.

His lips curled into a small smile; he has always read about demons in the novel and heard about their grotesque appearances and terrifying powers.

Looking at the demon's appearance, he did indeed was feeling disgusted as a human.

'Wait, I won't be termed a racist, right?'

He felt it was possible that he could be called a racist by the demon heretics or followers in the human territories.

Well, they would need to come out of hiding to call him that first.

He heard the bidding was becoming heated as seconds passed by.

Looking at the people above spitting such great amounts, he felt the urge to flaunt a little as well.

Throughout the auction, he had been feeling quite poor.

"180 million."

Taking a small gap, he quickly uttered an amount as well.

"200 million."

To poke some fun, he directly bid 200 million Neden knowing that they would not stop at that only and bid more.

It was quite the risky joke, if it went wrong, he would forever be in debt! Only because he felt it was funny and safe did he place the bet…

However, to his shock, there was silence after he spoke which made his hair stood on end.

'No way, they will bid more, right?'

He looked around and saw many people looking at him with strange expressions.

'What the fuck!? Was that a big amount to these people? They're going to bid more, right?'

______________

Announcement

✨ Come Join [𝗪𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗗𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗼𝗻𝟱𝟳𝟯] on Patreon! ✨

Get special stuff and be part of our awesome group! Hang out with us on Patreon to see behind-the-scenes content, get early access, and chat with us!

You can join for 𝗳𝗿𝗲𝗲 or become a 𝘀𝘂𝗽𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗿. Either way, it's gonna be fun!

Don't miss out! Jump in now at 𝗽𝗮𝘁𝗿𝗲𝗼𝗻.𝗰𝗼𝗺/𝗪𝗶𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗗𝗿𝗮𝗴𝗼𝗻𝟱𝟳𝟯 and let's have a blast together! 🚀✨

41