Chapter 47 – Unsettling Movements
74 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Congratulations, you truly have become splendid, haven't you?"

Clara murmured as she watched Siegfried leave.

"Yes, the content of the congratulatory speech was splendid, and his demeanor was dignified. I often think lately, the future of the great nation is secure indeed."

Thomas replied, smiling happily.

After that, the family of four left the academy, had a meal at a restaurant near the academy, and talked about each other's recent activities.

Time passed quickly, and soon the curfew for the dormitory was approaching.

Though parting was sorrowful, Thomas and Clara escorted Althea and Regalus to the dormitory within the school grounds. Then, they each greeted the person responsible for managing the dormitory again and returned to the capital's mansion by the last ship.

"Welcome back."

Returning to the room at night, Laila, who had returned earlier, greeted them kindly.

Originally, Althea invited Laila to join them for a meal, but Laila politely declined. Althea, her parents, and even Regalus saw Laila and Jean not just as mere servants, but they seemed to prefer to be seen as servants, feeling a stronger desire to express gratitude. Therefore, they generally didn't accept such invitations.

Although Althea felt a bit lonely about this, she understood that even though Laila had gotten used to the dormitory, the loneliness of meeting her parents again might increase. So, Laila returned to the dormitory first and prepared Althea's favorite sweets, waiting for her.

Feeling Laila's kindness, Althea returned to the room and, despite her slightly downcast expression, she returned to a bright smile and asked.

"Thank you, Laila... Would you like to have tea together?"

"Well, I suppose I have no choice. Miss seems to be quite spoiled... hehe."

And so, quietly, the two of them began their tea party.

---Meanwhile---

The headmaster visited the Pope's room within the cathedral.

"It's rare to see you visiting me after the start of the new academic year. Is there something wrong?"

The Pope asked with a gentle smile. The headmaster, still expressionless, or perhaps with a slight grimace, said only one thing.

"...The great stars are in disarray."

"What?!"

When the usually calm Pope opened his eyes, he hurriedly went to the balcony of his room and looked up at the sky.

From behind, the headmaster, who had followed the Pope to the balcony, continued.

"It's not clear yet... but it feels like the red and yellow stars are getting closer... and also the others."

"Others...?"

The Pope asked, his voice trembling slightly.

"Blue, green and agarwood. Only slightly... I haven't been able to determine the positions of the purple and silver stars, but it's probably best to consider it as a possibility."

"...Understood. Tomorrow, I will issue a confidential communication to each country in my name as the Pope regarding this 'possibility'... I hope everything will just settle down without any further incidents..."

After hearing those words from the Pope, the headmaster quietly left the room.

And the next day, under the name of "Pope of Illumi", a communication regarding the suspicious movements of the stars was sent to the representatives of each country.

7