Chapter 1: Reincarnation and System
90 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The emerald hues of the mountain blanketed the landscape, its lush foliage swaying gently in the caressing breeze. Ye Cang stood at the precipice, the wind tousling his hair as he surveyed the breathtaking vista. Despite the scenic beauty, an air of desolation hung over the area, with only a solitary main hall and a winding path leading down the mountain's slopes.

Ye Cang's brow furrowed as he plopped down in front of the hall, boredom etching itself onto his features. A week had passed since his abrupt arrival in this strange world, a transmigration that had torn him from the familiar comforts of 21st-century Earth and thrust him into the unknown.

Initially, excitement had coursed through his veins, fueled by the countless tales of protagonists embarking on grand adventures after being bestowed with extraordinary powers – a golden finger, as the stories often described it. He had envisioned a future where he would rise to become an emperor, surrounded by a harem of beautiful wives. But as the days trickled by, his hopes withered, and the harsh reality of his isolation settled in.

Dejected at first, Ye Cang soon found solace in the wealth of knowledge he possessed from his previous life. Emboldened by the prospect of impressing the denizens of this world and amassing riches, he steeled his resolve and set out to find a human settlement.

The initial leg of his journey was fraught with trepidation as he navigated the dense forest, the unfamiliar surroundings amplifying his fears. Yet, the tantalizing visions of potential wives and wealth spurred him onward, his teeth gritted in determination.

However, after hours of arduous trekking, a startling sight shattered the illusions he had clung to. In a clash of titans, a triceratops and a T-rex engaged in a ferocious battle, their thunderous roars reverberating through the ancient forest.

Ye Cang's mind reeled, his assumptions about this world crumbling around him. A torrent of questions flooded his thoughts: Who was he? Where had he ended up? What forces governed this realm? The certainties he had held mere moments ago dissolved, leaving him adrift in a sea of bewilderment.

 

In that moment, Ye Cang's fantasies and dreams shattered into oblivion, leaving only one thought burning in his mind: run! Without hesitation, he pivoted and sprinted back in the direction he had come, his heart pounding with terror.

Although he was surrounded by the dense forest, he could still discern a vast plain in the distance, teeming with colossal creatures resembling triceratops and T-rexes. Their sheer size was daunting, even from afar, as he couldn't make out their exact species.

After a grueling two-hour sprint, Ye Cang finally reached the nameless mountain where the solitary main hall stood. Utterly exhausted from his desperate flight, he collapsed, relishing the familiarity of his makeshift home.

The next morning, Ye Cang awoke to the same surroundings, and a deep sigh of helplessness escaped his lips. He found himself at a loss, uncertain of his next move. Would he meet his demise in this desolate land, where even the birds seemed unwilling to tread?

However, such morbid thoughts were quickly dispelled by the gnawing pangs of hunger. He hadn't eaten in nearly a day, and sustenance had become a pressing concern.

Recalling the fruit-bearing trees he had spotted earlier, akin to apple trees, Ye Cang mustered his strength and ventured back down the mountain. Carefully, he gathered as much of the fruit as he could carry, hoping to stockpile provisions for the uncertain days ahead.

After satiating his initial hunger with the apple-like fruits, Ye Cang gathered more provisions, recognizing that these unfamiliar morsels were his sole source of sustenance within the confines of the nameless mountain. Venturing beyond its boundaries filled him with trepidation, for he dared not risk another encounter with those gargantuan beasts.

Thus, Ye Cang resigned himself to a solitary existence, his days blurring into a monotonous routine amidst the desolate peak. Today marked the seventh day since his abrupt transmigration to this enigmatic world, a full week of uncertainty and isolation.

As Ye Cang gazed ahead, lost in a daze, a disembodied voice pierced through his thoughts, jolting him from his reverie. "The wish system has been activated," it proclaimed, echoing within the recesses of his mind.

"Congratulations to host for obtaining the wish system. Do you want to bind with it?"

Ye Cang stood dumbfounded, processing the unexpected prompts. Excitement soon bubbled within him, and he found himself leaping and prancing like a madman, momentarily forgetting to respond.

"Congratulations to host for obtaining the wish system. Do you want to bind with it?" The voice repeated, its patience seemingly waning.

Snapping back to his senses, Ye Cang hurriedly exclaimed, "Yes!"

"Congratulations to host for binding with the wish system. You have been awarded a novice gift and ten consecutive draws! Do you want to open it?"

Ye Cang's head spun, his thoughts racing. Was this the golden opportunity he had longed for? The chance to ascend to the pinnacles of power, wealth, and indulgence? A novice pack was a common trope for transmigrated protagonists, but what could these ten consecutive draws entail? Could they grant him the coveted wives he had fantasized about? How did one even 'draw' such boons?

[Whether to draw?]

...

[Ask again whether to draw?]

...

[Why are you dilly-dallying for so long? Draw or not?]




Seeing that system started to scold himself Ye cang has a black line on his forehead.

He said: “yes”

[Lucky Wheel, ten consecutive draws begin!]

[Thank you for your patronage!] Congratulations, you received a marrow fruit x1!

[Thank you for your patronage!] Congratulations, you obtained the Cooking Proficiency Book Lv.1!

[Thank you for your patronage!] Congratulations, you acquired the permanent Space Attribute Card!

[Thank you for your patronage!] Congratulations, you gained the Alchemy Card Lv.1!

[Thank you for your patronage!] Congratulations, you received two Rage Cards!

[Thank you for your patronage!] Congratulations, you obtained two Speed Cards!

[Thank you for your patronage!] Congratulations, you acquired the Alchemy Recipe Book Vol.01!

[Thank you for your patronage!] Congratulations, you gained the Plant Identification Skill Lv.1!

[Thank you for your patronage!] Congratulations, you received 10 Spirit Stones!

[Thank you for your patronage!] Congratulations, your Charm value increased by 10!

As the litany of rewards echoed through Ye Cang's mind, he found himself utterly dumbfounded, struggling to process the deluge of information. However, sheer elation soon took over, for he knew that this windfall marked the beginning of his path to wealth and prosperity.

While the majority of the items remained shrouded in mystery, the Space Attribute Card alone filled Ye Cang with unbridled joy. In his eyes, spatial abilities reigned supreme, offering boundless possibilities and the potential for unimaginable feats.

Unable to contain his excitement, Ye Cang called out, "System... system, where is my stuff?"

 

"Dear host, all the items given by the system are stored in the system warehouse," the voice responded.

Intrigued, Ye Cang pondered the system warehouse, and a panel akin to a game interface materialized before him.

Name: Ye Cang

System Level: Lv.1

Occupation: None (Host can open up a new occupation by completing the tasks given by the system)

Power: 7 (A normal human has the power of 10)

Speed: 11 (A normal human has the speed of 10)

Physique: 9 (A normal human has a physique of 10)

Health: 10/10 (In a healthy state)

Attribute: None

Status: A fairly normal person

Charm Value: 90 (10 + Rewarded by the system)

System Inventory (10): Novice Package (+1), Marrow Fruit x1, Cooking Proficiency Book Lv.1, Permanent Space Attribute Card, Alchemy Card Lv.1, Rage Card x2, Speed Card x2, Alchemy Recipe Book Vol.01, Plant Identification Skill Lv.1, 10 Spirit Stones.

Eagerly, Ye Cang began perusing the introduction of each item. Catching sight of the Novice Package, he decided to open it after examining the effects of all the items bestowed by the system.

Marrow Fruit: A heavenly and earthly treasure born once every thousand years due to harsh conditions, possessing the ability to cleanse the body and enhance one's talent for cultivation. A person can only consume three fruits in a lifetime. Quantity: x1.

Cooking Proficiency Book Lv.1: Contains all the knowledge, techniques, and recipes related to level 1 cooking. The system will automatically impart this knowledge to the host without side effects. The host can increase their proficiency through cooking. (Note: The Cooking profession requires identification skills to extract its maximum value).

Permanent Space Attribute Card: By using this card, you will gain permanent access to the space attribute. (Note: You will only obtain the space attribute; to increase your proficiency, you must practice yourself or complete the missions provided by the system).

 

Alchemy Card Lv.1: After using this, the host can refine any Tier 1 pill without restriction. Usage duration: 1 hour.

Rage Card x2: After using this card, the host's strength will be doubled for 2 hours. However, after the effect wears off, the host will fall into a period of weakness for 1 hour. (Note: Use with caution).

Speed Card x2: After using this card, the host's speed will be doubled for 2 hours. Afterward, the host's speed will be reduced by 10% for 1 hour. (Note: Use with caution).

Alchemy Recipe Book Vol.01: Upon using this book, you will gain access to all the recipes for Tier 1 to Tier 6 pills.

Plant Identification Skill Lv.1: An essential skill for cooking and alchemy. Level 1 allows you to identify all plants from Tier 1 to Tier 6.

Spirit Stone (Tier 1): Used for cultivation, cooking, alchemy, and formation.

After perusing the introductions of all the items, Ye Cang stood stunned for a moment. Immediately afterward, elation surged through him as he realized these items were the starting capital he needed to survive in this world. Although countless questions swirled in his mind, he decided to consult the system after opening the Novice Package.

"System, open Novice Package."

"Yes."

"Ding... Congratulations on opening the Novice Package! You have received 10 Experience Cards."

"Ding... Congratulations! You have obtained the Surviving Skills Vol.1."

"Ding... Congratulations on winning the Golden Prize: Nine Revolutions Secret Art."

"Ding... Congratulations on winning the Purple Prize: a pair of worn underwear."

"Ding... Congratulations! You have received 10 Proficiency Cards."

Ye Cang was nearly blinded by the golden and purple radiance, but upon hearing the prizes, he was ecstatic—until the Purple Prize registered, sparking an urge to scold someone.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY WORN UNDERWEAR?! DO YOU THINK I'M SOME KIND OF PERVERT, YOU DUMB... MOTHERF... A-HOLE?!"

 

5