Chapter 5: SSS Grade Treasure
28 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Over the course of the day, Ye Cang meticulously hunted for treasures from various locations. By the end, he had amassed a total of 3 A-level treasures, 5 B-level treasures, and numerous C-level and D-level treasures.

Following the harrowing encounter with the python, Ye Cang remained exceptionally cautious throughout his exploration. More often than not, he relied on his space teleportation ability to swiftly acquire the treasures, actively avoiding direct confrontations whenever possible, as time was of the essence.

During these two days of intense exploration, Ye Cang's cultivation had remarkably broken through five levels of Qi Condensation. This rapid improvement was primarily due to the practice method bestowed by the system.

The Nine Revolutions Secret Art did not require him to actively cultivate; instead, it ran autonomously, absorbing the surrounding spiritual energy. Contrary to expectations, the method's speed was twice as fast as a regular cultivator's. Ye Cang had been unable to practice the exercise himself, as he was constantly on the move in the forest, with the mission leaving little opportunity for seated meditation.

As the final day of the mission dawned, Ye Cang grew increasingly anxious, for the highest treasure he had found was only of A-level. He vividly recalled the system's warning that the reward would be based on the level of treasures collected, and he hoped to stumble upon an S or SS-level treasure to maximize his potential gains.

Just as these thoughts crossed his mind, a bright red 'SSS' marker appeared on the map, stunning him. Without rushing in, he paused to recover his spiritual energy. After an hour of replenishment, his reserves fully restored, he took a deep breath and steeled himself, gazing in the direction of the immensely valuable treasure. He knew that such a prize would undoubtedly be guarded by formidable dangers, but he had to take the risk. If he let this opportunity slip, there was no telling when – or if – another would present itself. The potential rewards were too great to ignore.

After steeling his resolve, Ye Cang began moving towards the treasure's location. As he drew closer, he was stunned to discover not one, but two SSS-level treasures marked on the map. "This is killing me... What is this, a buy-one-get-one-free offer?" he muttered in disbelief. A sense of dread washed over him – if an A-level treasure had nearly cost him his life, venturing towards these two supreme treasures was tantamount to courting death itself.

Ye Cang found himself tangled in indecision. Should he proceed or turn back? After careful consideration, he decided to forge ahead, confident in his ability to escape if necessary.

As he neared the site, a stunning scene unfolded before his eyes. A domain of various colors lay before him, punctuated by the occasional boom of purple thunder crackling through the air. The spectacle was awe-inspiring, leaving Ye Cang rooted in place.

On the ground to his left, a lotus emitting nine distinct colors radiated an otherworldly glow. Ye Cang had no knowledge of this particular treasure in his repertoire. To his right, something buried underground emanated a brilliant purple light, so intense that he couldn't discern its true form. However, based on the way his hair stood on end and his scalp tingled from the sheer proximity, he surmised it was some form of thunder!

"There is some kind of thunder-type heaven and earth spirit treasure hidden underground!" Ye Cang exclaimed, his gaze fixed on the purple light. He then turned his attention to the lotus, its nature and purpose a complete mystery to him.

For a cultivator, heaven and earth treasures with special attributes were invaluable, as they could aid in practicing various techniques and amplifying one's combat power.

This was undoubtedly a rare opportunity to acquire such treasures! The lotus and the purple thunder before him seemed to be extraordinary treasures in their own right. However, Ye Cang didn't dare approach. The overwhelming power he felt from merely standing near was terrifying. To venture any closer would surely mean instant obliteration.

His emotions were a tumultuous mix at that moment. He had stumbled upon heaven and earth treasures, yet he dared not approach, lest they be discovered by others! At that very moment, the system chimed in.

"Congratulations to the host for finding two SSS-level treasures."

"System, what exactly are these treasures, and how do I collect them? Tell me," Ye Cang demanded, his curiosity piqued.

"Ding... The system detects that the lotus is the Nine Color Blazing Lotus, a top-grade spirit treasure, and the other is a Thunder Bead, which is a high-grade spirit treasure!" the system announced.

"Ding... With the help of the Thunder Bead, the host can awaken the thunder attribute. The Nine Color Blazing Lotus is the main ingredient for the Nine Death Pill, a top-grade healing elixir!"

"Ding... It takes 10 wish points to collect them. Do you wish to proceed?"

Upon hearing the system's revelations, Ye Cang's heart soared with elation. While he could always earn more wish value, encountering such precious treasures was a rare opportunity not to be squandered. Without hesitation, he declared, "Yes, collect them."

"Ding... 10 wish points deducted. Collection in progress... 5%... 10%... 20%... 50%... 100%. Collection complete. The treasures have been stored in the system warehouse."

As soon as the system confirmed the acquisitions, Ye Cang immediately set off running towards his home. He had obtained more than enough treasures for this trip, and pushing his luck any further would be foolish. Along the way, a question nagged at his mind, prompting him to inquire, "System, why is the Thunder Bead only a high-grade spirit treasure, while the Nine Color Blazing Lotus is a top-grade one?"

"This is because the Nine Color Blazing Lotus is closer to attaining wisdom, whereas the Thunder Bead will take a long time to gain such wisdom!" the system explained.

 

1