Chapter 9: Snake BBQ
17 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ye Cang shuddered at the improper thoughts that had crossed his mind moments ago. "No, no... what's wrong with me? I'm not a pervert, why should I feel reluctant?" he admonished himself.

...

Mu Qianxue's spirit felt overwhelmed with sadness. She had not expected to encounter a soul thunder during her thunder tribulation.Out of 100,000 people only one person would be unlucky enough to face this. Yet, she found herself the unlucky soul to experience it.

A dejected sigh escaped her. "Guess I am going to die..." She thought of her sect, her master, and her disciples. "I have not yet found an alchemist for the peak disciples of my peak. They would have to rely on another for their pill provisions." The idea saddened her immensely. It seemed she would be unable to fulfill her responsibility as the peak leader.

As Mu Qianxue wallowed in sorrow, she felt a warm current enveloping her, akin to bathing in hot water. Yet, it was impossible, for she could not sense her physical form.

Gradually, however, Mu Qianxue discovered she could feel her body once more. Shock gripped her – how could this be? Her soul had been injured, and after the Desolate War period, all the various sects had lost their inheritance, including methods to heal the soul. Even if they possessed such knowledge, they would undoubtedly use it on themselves rather than others. So how had she been healed?

Time passed, and Mu Qianxue became increasingly aware of her corporeal existence. With great effort, she tried to open her eyes, desperate to know her whereabouts. After a prolonged struggle, she finally succeeded, greeted by a pair of curious eyes studying her intently.

"Well, she opened her eyes," a voice mumbled. "Even with the help of the soul recovery pill, it took her six hours to regain consciousness..."

Upon hearing the mention of a soul recovery pill and the duration of six hours, Mu Qianxue felt confused. However, she did not have the opportunity to inquire further, as a wave of drowsiness washed over her. Though her soul had been healed, her body remained fatigued, requiring rest to recover fully.

Ye Cang, on the other hand, was elated to see Mu Qianxue open her eyes, knowing that her soul had been restored and she would be alright.

"Ding... Congratulations on completing the task..."

"Ding... Congratulations on obtaining the Alchemy Fire..."

"Ding... Congratulations, Mu Qianxue's favorability has increased by +30."

"Ding... Congratulations on obtaining the Ice attribute..."

"Ding... Congratulations on receiving a High-grade Spiritual Weapon, the Elemental Sword."

The system's messages brought relief to Ye Cang. In no rush to examine the rewards, he felt utterly drained from the nonstop alchemy he had performed since morning.

Glancing at the slumbering Mu Qianxue on his bed and confirming no abnormalities, Ye Cang sat down on the ground. Hunger pangs assailed him, as he had not eaten since the morning.

Recalling the python he had slain, excitement blossomed within him. Since arriving in this world, he had subsisted primarily on fruits, unable to indulge in proper meat due to the dangers of the forest. However, during his treasure hunting, he had collected various spices and herbs suitable for cooking, and now, armed with culinary knowledge, he considered himself a capable chef. As evening approached, he stood up, determined to prepare for a barbecue.

Yes, a barbecue was in order, as he lacked other cooking tools, limiting him to simple grilled fare.

He retrieved the python's body from the system's warehouse, its freshness preserved by the dimensional storage's effects.

Ye Cang took out all the spices he had collected during his time in this world, examining them to determine which would be suitable for barbecuing. Although their shapes differed from those in his previous world, their flavors remained familiar.

Excitement swelled within him at the prospect of finally enjoying a proper meal.

...

Mu Qianxue was overwhelmed with happiness for having survived. Though she did not know the reason behind the stranger's decision to save her, she was grateful nonetheless. Who would not wish to cling to life?

Her soul injury was nearly healed, needing only a few days to recover completely. She recalled the person she had seen before drifting off to sleep and the words he had uttered about a recovery pill. Initially confused, she now recollected seeing records of such a pill from the era before the Desolate Period.

Shock gripped her, for even the long-standing sects on the mainland lacked any inheritance from the age before the great devastation—an era known as the Golden Age, when cultivation had reached its pinnacle. How could an individual possess such precious knowledge? Worry consumed her, uncertain of why this person had attempted to save her life, going so far as to use such a priceless pill.

Gradually, Mu Qianxue regained control over her body, though she still felt weak, it was an improvement. Mustering her strength, she opened her eyes to find herself in a dimly lit room, the aroma of cooking meat wafting through the air.

Looking outside, she spotted a man sitting beside a fire, basting a piece of meat with a seasoning before placing it over the flames.

Recognition dawned upon her—this was the person who had saved her life. Determined to express her gratitude for the invaluable pill he had used to heal her, Mu Qianxue attempted to rise, despite her lingering weakness.

 

2