His Cold Heart Series – Vol 1
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

                      

 

                    

                       

                         Chapter 1

Sydney Pritchard ended his last call for the day off his call centre jobs in Edinburgh Macintosh and Barnes which sells insurance which he so hated one day he would have a better job that would pay better he smiled thinking about his potential date tonight his friends Frank  and Lucy set him up with Luca Thornnstow a property developer they had been working with over the past few weeks his company Thornstowe industries 

 

Sydney just got out off work his phone rang his friend Lucy he connected the call “ how you feeling “ “ Lucy I’m fine it’s not as if I’ve been on a date before a little nervous “ in fact he was terrified it had been 8 months since he split with his ex Ryan good riddance he thought “ Sydney “ “ what “ “ Luca is really nice you’ll like him “ Sydney heard Frank shouting good luck “ you deserve it Syd “ “ I know “ . Sydney disconnected the call and got into his car and drove home .

 

Ruth heard Sydney come in she had wondered whether to hand him the envelope that had arrived today as she didn’t want him upset for his date tonight “ Hi  mum “ he gave his mum a kiss on the head she looked up “ so where is the date then “ “ the ivy “ Sydney went to the fridge for a drink he was about to go upstairs when he noticed the envelope addressed to him he opened it and was shocked to see it was a wedding invite from Ryan . Bastard thought and then checked off it so he put the invitation in the bin and went for a shower. Ryan's invite won’t get me down, not today he thought .

Sydney came out off the taxi he looked up at the ivy looked nice he heard from some people it was and it was booked out months in advance Sydney went inside the mitred took his name and escorted Sydney to his table where Luca was waiting the mitred whispered in Lucasear Luca nodded as Sydney waited . Luca got up and turned to Sydney to great him wow  “ fucking hell “ Sydney whispered  way to go Frank he was hot he had the most piercing green eyes very smartly dressed in a suite Sydney didn’t wear a suite he had worn good trousers and a shirt Sydney noticed that Lucas hair colour had blondish streaks through it and he had the most striking features he had ever seen   “ Sydney lovely to see you at last “ Luca held out his hand and they shook hands Luca smiled play it cool Syd he thought “ please have a seat I hope you don’t mind a .iittle privacy “ “ no not at all “ Sydney sat down the mitred came back over for there orders “ I’ll have my usual Edmund and the poached salmon “ Edmund nodded  and looked at Sydney “ a beer please and a steak “ “ your not a wine drinker then Sydney “ Luca smiled Sydney blushed “ occasionally “ .

During their meal they chatted about all the different things he seemed easy to get on with Sydney though Luca mentioned Switzerland where he comes from he seemed sad when he mentioned his family too . “ your business is doing well “ “ yes I’ve many properties scattered around thanks to Frank and Lucy for their help Edinburgh is a beautiful city “ . “ Scotland does have good scenery and places to visit “ Luca nodded even though he had only been in Scotland a few months he had hoped to explore more . “ Frank tells me you work in a call centre “ “ yes it’s boring really kinda hate it even though I’ve been at the company 3 years made good friends there “ “ I’m sure your not boring Sydney '' Luca smiled Sydney blushed bloody hell he thought this guy is giving me the vibes good vibes he thought . 

“ is there a reason you haven’t dated in a while “ Luca asked damn Frank why you have to go say that Sydney shifted in his chair “ my ex decided he liked women more it’s a complicated story I’d rather forget about it “ “ I’m sorry “ oh no Sydney thought should he have said that Luca smiled there meal arrived and more drinks Sydney felt more relaxed as the night went on . Afterwards the mitred came with the bill which Luca paid much to Sydney’s annoyance “ we go Dutch the next time “ Luca looked at Sydney next time he thought “ Dutch “ “ it's a saying we go half “ .

Luca thought he would have to get used to different sayings in Scotland that he had picked up over the past few months and sometimes find it hard to understand all the different dialects from the different parts in Scotland .

 

After a while and finishing their meal and another couple drinks later they stood outside chatting for a bit I like him Sydney thought and very cute and I would very much like to know him more to 

 

“ Thanks for a nice night “ Sydney said to Luca as they waited outside for his taxi “ meet soon “ Sydney smiled don’t botch it up he thought Luca touched Sydney’s face he went to kiss Sydney a soft light kiss “ you have my no “ Sydney goes into the taxi and drives off Sydney smiling . Lucas' driver opened the door for him “ where to sir “ “ home  Philip “ Philip nodded. Oh he thought the date must have gone well then for them to go straight home Luca seemed happy tonight Philip thought it was good to see him in a joyous mood after his date .

Sydney got home and leaned against the door he smiled. I had a really good date. See how it goes. He ran upstairs and fell on top of the bed. He got out his phone and brought up Franks and called him .” Well how did it go “ “ Frank  he’s lovely it was good meeting again “ Frank sat on the landing as he spoke to Sydney Lucy got up to see how it went . “ good I’m happy you got on you deserved to be happy Syd ” .” I know just baby steps, Frank .” 

 

“ I know mate Syd, he's a lovely guy, you gotta believe that ok and not worry too much “ Frank's right Sydney thought I shouldn’t worry too much . That was the problem with him and Ryan. It got too much for the both of them , especially with Suzanne in the picture. Ryan wasn’t sure whether he just liked men and women too .

“ Tobin  where are you “ “ I’m here my love “ Tobiin appeared before Luca in the dining room Luca went over to him he touched Tobins face he leaned into his hand and smiled they kissed “ come “ Luca took Tobins hand and lead him into the bedroom “ Luca I can’t “ Luca looked round at Tobin  as he stood where he was he cocked his head “ Tobin  “ “ you know I can’t my love “ Tobin faded in front off Luca as he shouted for him . Luca looking around the room where did Tobin go Luca shouting for him 

 

Luca woke up Philip bent down in front of him making sure Luca was ok as he heard him shouting Luca looked round in the bed and at Philip “ you were dreaming again “ Luca sat up in bed he nodded “ Sir are you ok “ Luca nodded he had been having the same dreams for a while now he looks round at the night stand a picture off him and Tobin taken many years ago Luca touched the picture of him and Tobin he smiled and kissed the picture and he sat it back on the nightstand . 

 

Luca scrubbed his face the door opening again Doris coming snide with a glass water sitting it on the nightstand “ Thank you Doris “ “ Are you ok Dear “ Doris looks at Philip and back at Luca “ Yes Thank you Doris “ Doris and Philip left shutting the door Doris looks up at Philip . “ This is getting ridiculous now “ Doris says, sighing she’s right Philip thought there must be something they can do. His nightmares are getting more frequent now .

 

“ Goodnight Philip “ “ Goodnight Doris “ 

Luca checks his phone just after three and notices a text from Esther. He smiles . It's good that she is here in Edinburgh to visit. He will text her in the morning and hopefully I can Sleep Luca thought .

                        Chapter 2

Monday came again so quickly Sam Sydney’s work friend looked over at him smiling Sydney must have had a good date with the Luca guy he was in a good mood for once he noticed his phone kept beeping off a text Sam slid his chair over to Sydney he tapped on his shoulder “ your to cheery “ Sydney sniggered Sam laughed Sydney blushed “ good date then “ “ yes he’s nice we’ve been texting all weekend “ “ what’s his name again “ Sydney shook his head “ Luca Thornstow “ “ oh he so  sounds like a movie star “ Izzy turned round smiling Sydney laughed “ what’s he like then “ Sam asked as he sat back on his chair “ a bit intense it’s like he’s really listening to you you know he’s a property developer Thornstowe Industries “ “ yea I’ve heard about it “ “ nothing to do “ the three off them looked up at Martin there  boss “ We think Sydney’s in love “ Sydney snorted and shook his head “ No I’m not “ .

 

Frank and Luca were going over plans for the new apartments developments they were in the process off building Lucy had just arrived to meet Frank and Luca for lunch “ I want to thank you both for introducing me to Sydney “ Frank and Lucy looked at each other and smiled “ your welcome went well then “ Luca smiled yes they had a good date and texted most the weekend to arrange another date “ yes indeed I’ve invited Sydney for dinner my pace Friday “ . “ that’s great Luca “ Lucy and  frank we’re pleased to know that Sydney and Luca got on ok on three date “ Honey are you ready for lunch Luca are you joining us “ “ Thanks for the offer but I’ve arranged a business lunch another time “ 

Luca entered his study Marcus was sitting on the couch waiting for Luca he smiled and stood up as Luca went over to him “ are you well Marcus “ “ yes sir “ they both sat down Marcus held out his arm Luca took Marcus’s arm he rolled up his sleeve Marcus’s previous bite marks were healing . Lucas fangs descended and he bit into Marcus’s wrist Marcus winced as Luca sucked on his arm after a few minutes Luca released his arm Luca wiped his mouth .Marcus  rubbed his arm and got the alcohol wipes from the med kit “ your taking your vitamins “ “ yes and the transfusions to “ “ good “ Luca patted Marcus arm good he thought .

 

Lucas phone pinged off a text he checked it a message from Sydney had arrived “ do you need a ride back “ Luca asked Marcus he looked at Luca normally he would stay longer “ no ill be fine getting back “ what was up with Luca he seemed distracted “ See you Friday “ Luca looked at Marcus “ Yes sir “ . “ if you're curious to know I have a dinner date “ .Wow Marcus thought that's a new thing but great for him Marcus smiled nodding he got up and looked over at Luca “ I’m pleased to know you're seeing someone Luca “ .

 

Luca looks at Marcus and stands up sticking his hands in his pockets while Marcus sorts himself “ Early days Marcus “ He seemed more happier Marcus thought whoever this guy is it’s certainly making Luca more happier .

Sydney put his hands in his pockets and looked out at the view of Lucas' apartment , very nice he thought and his apartment was nice to the few photos scattered around as he looked at them “ this one is my grandfather “ Sydney looked round at Luca as he stood at the door leaning against the door . Luca walked over to Sydney and picked up one the photos “ he was a good man and yes we do look like each other all other family members do to in the genes “ “ good genes “ Sydney smiled Doris chapped the door before she came in with a pot tea “ Thank you Doris “ Doris nodded then left she turned round “ Dinner will be half hour “ Sydney picked up Doris’s dialect he guessed from the highlands “ Doris is from Skye she’s been my housekeeper for  a long time “ “ I thought that she seems motherly towards you “ “ she’s always been like that “ 

“ You have an amazing view “ Sydney pointed to the window “it is and the company isn’t bad either “ Sydney blushed Luca looked at him Luca moved nearer to Sydney he leaned in and kissed his hand . The door chapped Luca sighed “ Come in “ Doris and Philip entered with two trays and sat them on the table “ Thank you “ Doris and Philip left Sydney opened the closh steak  and chips he smiled Luca studied him for a second Sydney looked up at him “ Nice “ Luca opened his he had a steak with potatoes. Sydney smiled, didn't Luca like Chips? “ You don’t like chips. “ Luca looked at him. “ I like to alternate. “ Sydney laughed. Luca sniggered at what a  guy Sydney thought but cute .

Doris stood outside the door listening to there conversations Philip came round the corner and shook his head “ Doris “ “ shh I’m trying to listen I think there laughing “ Philip also listened in “ oh I do hope this works out he seems nice “ Doris wondered Luca needed someone in his life Philip looked at Doris he held out his arm for her to take and they wandered back into the kitchen . 

 

“ Do you like rugby “ Sydney asked Luca it was his Frank and Lucy’s tradition To go to a game whenever the rugby was on at Murray field “ I do try to follow Football or American football “ Sydney nearly choked on his drink Luca went over to him he bent down beside Sydney “ Are you ok “ “ I’m fine “ they looked at each other and smiled “ I was wondering if you would like to come with Frank Lucy and I to the rugby next weekend “ “ that would be lovely yes I’ll be there “ .

Luca reached up to Sydney they kissed “ Luca I “ “ I know no expectations “ Sydney smiled Luca touched Sydney’s face Philip chapped the door damn again Luca thought he got up and went over to his side as Philip came in . “ Sorry phone call “ “ Philip could you take a message I’ll get back to them “ Philip hoovered at the door “ Luca it’s ok you can take the call “ Luca poured them another drink “ I have company besides it can wait “ .

They both sat out in the balcony talking Luca had put on some music it was a cool night the stars were out as they chatted Sydney looked at his watch it was after ten he had work tomorrow on the late shift “ Philip can take you home “ “ Luca I can get a taxi “ Luca reached over to Sydney they kissed “ please Sydney for me “ .Sydney shook his head leaning on the balcony they look at each other “ Ok if you insist “ “ Thank you “ .

Philip opened the car door for Sydney when they arrived home “ Philip you don’t have to open my door “ Sydney sniggered “ I know but it’s my job “ Sydney went to move to get into the house “ He's a good man “ Sydney looked at Philip and nodded but thought a strange thing to say Sydney thought . “ Goodnight Sydney “ Philip drove off. Yes he is a nice man Sydney thought his phone pinged. He checked Luca asking if he got home ok Sydney sniggered and replied back he just got home .

                      Chapter 3

The limo stopped outside the hotel the driver got out and opened the passenger door “ Thank you Jarrod “ “ mam “ the bell boy came out and took Esther Marshams bags she stepped into the lobby the receptionist smiled “ Miss Marsham so  lovely to see you again “ Esther nodded as she checked in and was taken up to her room . She looked around the room. Jarrod sat the bags down and looked at Esther looking out the window . Is she ok? He thought she looked at her phone again, sighing again .

 

“ Miss Esther “ Esther looked round at Jarrod “ oh i'll eat in tonight Jarrod “ Jarrod nodded then left Esther sent  checked her text From Luca to Luca off her arrival and when they would want to meet up this week 

Frank , Lucy , Sydney and Luca got to their seats for the rugby game. It was a bit chilly so they were all wrapped up. Frank got out his flask, opened it up and took a sip Lucy went into her back and brought out plastic cups and poured some into them . “ just a wee tote to warm us up “ as they took there cups ahh Glenlivet Luca thought frank had good taste “ Glenlivet Frank “ “ it is how did you guess “ “ Luca likes his whiskey “ Sydney smiled and looked at Luca “ that I do “ . Sydney noticed someone staring at them. Maybe the person knows Luca. “ Luca, do you know that person who is staring? “ Luca looks at the person Sydney mentioned. No, he did not know him. “ No, don't know them. “ Luca looks at Sydney. Strange Sydney thought . 

Luca looked over at the person again and definitely didn't know them. He thought he might have mistaken him for someone else. I expect Luca thought Sydney looked round at Luca and they looked at each other . “ Ok “ Sydney asks “ Yes Fine “ 

It was a good game and friendly with a team from England Luca enjoyed the day. It was good fun afterwards they went to their local pub the Scotsman for dinner and drinks Sydney had a feeling Frank and Lucy were keeping something from him he guessed they would tell him soon . “ I had a good time today “ Sydney looked round at Luca he smiled “ me to I’m glad you came “ Sydney touched Lucas hand and looked at him Luca looked down and back at Sydney . “ Ralph said 20 minutes “ Frank said they both looked. At him Frank had brought drinks back Lucy looked at Frank and smiled at Sydney. She thought they were having  a moment which was cute. It was good to see Sydney and Luca together, Lucy thought .

Sydney went to the toilet before their meal arrived Lucy noticed Ryan arrived at the pub “ uh oh Ryan alert “ Frank looked over at the bar at Ryan he was with some friends “ it’s his bachelor party today “ strange Lucy thought she would’ve thought Frank would’ve mentioned it . “ Who is it? “ Luca asked Frank and Lucy looked at him should they mention Sydney's ex . Sydney came out of the booth as Ryan came into the toilet Sydney was surprised to see him. “ Ryan “ “ Syd “ Ryan hoovered it was awkward what do they say to each other after all this time “ how things “ Sydney asked “ F8ne it’s my bachelor party today “ Ryan bit his lip god this is awkward he thought but it was nice to see Syd . “ Syd I “ “ I better get back to the others “ “ Ok  it was nice to see you “ Sydney nodded and went out and back to the others it felt strange to see Ryan after 8 months Luca touched Sydney’s knee Sydney looked at him “ Ok  “ Luca asked Sydney nodded “ it's all in the past “ 

 

“ You can talk about it if you want, “ Luca asked Sydney. Touched Lucas' knee Sydney held Lucas' hand “ It's Fine Luca. “ A bit weird seeing him but fine Sydney thought but I'm moving on now . 

Afterwards Sydney and Luca parted ways with frank and Lucy at the pub as Philip drove them home while Luca took a call he noticed Philip didn’t drive back it Sydney’s “ Philip you “ Sydney took Lucas hand he looked at Sydney “ I asked Philip to take us back to yours “ Luca looked at Sydney that was unexpected they hadn’t spoke about the next level yet . “ I’m ready “ Sydney bit his lip and smiled “ Are  you sure? “ Sydney nodded. Luca reached over and they kissed then bumped heads. I am ready for the next step, Sydney thought.

Luca reached for the door off his bedroom as they kissed kicking off their shoes all hands on each other as they undressed wow Sydney thought Luca had a good physique Luca went into the night stand and brought out the condoms and lube Sydney noticed Lucas tattoo on Lucas back of a Phoenix it was beautiful he went over to Luca and traced his finger on the tattoo . Luca stood as it tingles all the way down “ Beautiful “ Sydney kissed Lucas back Luca closed his eyes keep it together he thought “ I’m so glad I meet you “ Sydney faced Luca they kissed Sydney was hard Luca looked down Sydney crawled up the bed as he lay down on his front . Luca kissed and licked up and down Sydney’s back Sydney arched as Luca rubbed his bottom and nibbled and kissed his back  to Sydney moaned that was good he thought “ I like that sound “ Sydney turned his head and they kissed Luca put on some lube on his finger he straddled Sydney as he bent down licked his neck and teased his finger in and out his entrance . Oh god Sydney thought that was good 8 months off no sex and built up tension he hoped he would last he heard the rip off the condom packet Luca rolled on the condom .Sydney lay on his back as Luca lifted up one leg and pushed his cock inside Sydney , Sydney arched at the intrusion they kissed as Luca teased in and out Luca kissed Sydney’s neck as he held onto his side as he went faster Sydney held onto Lucas back they looked at each other Luca was being gentle as not to hurt Sydney to much his face flushed a Beautiful site to see Luca thought.

 

Sydney stroked himself as Luca moved to the side and entered Sydney again he was going to come soon as Luca kissed Sydney’s back “ I’m going to come “ Sydney said Luca nodded he was to Sydney came he grunted as he came over his belly as his orgasm subsided Luca came to he kissed Sydney’s shoulder Sydney moaning looking round at Luca .

Sydney rolled over to Lucas side as he put his arm around Sydney Luca kissed his head “ Ok  “ Luca asked Sydney looked up at him and smiled “ Perfect  “ Sydney smiled Luca took Sydney’s hand and kissed it “Well  definitely my dry spell is over '' Sydney sniggered Sydney sat up “ where did you get your tattoo “ “ New York 5 years ago “ Sydney nodded at one time he thought about getting one someday though . ``Can I ask you something'' `` sure “ Luca put his arm under his head as he faced Sydney “ Ryan “ Sydney sighed it was strange to see him after all these months and he did want to try and forget what happened between them. “It was weird seeing him after all these months and by the way tonight’s you know us wasn’t because I saw him “ “ I didn’t think that “ good Sydney thought “ besides I’m getting on with my life now he chose to be with Suzanne '' Luca touched Sydney’s face he leaned into his hand they kissed .

Luca got out of bed he looked round at Sydney asleep he smiled twice they made love it was good they connected Luca let him sleep as he went into his study going over to the safe and punched in the code and opened the safe . There was an urn and a photo also a gun beside it Luca touched the urn “ I need a sign what do I do “ .Luca sighed touching the Urn what did he do he thought .

 

“ Luca “ Luca heard Sydney he was looking for him Sydney came into the study as Luca shut the safe “ what are you doing “ Sydney asked as he stood at the door “Just t checking stuff “ Sydney cocked his head what a strange thing to do middle of the night “Middle of the night “ Luca came over to Sydney he touched Sydney’s face they kissed . “ Sorry  just a habit let’s go back to bed “ Luca took Sydney’s hand Sydney tugged back Luca looked at him he went nearer to Luca and looked at the table Luca smiled “ Here Luca asked Sydney nodded they kissed again they moved over to the couch .  Luca sat down as Sydney bent down and slightly pulled down Lucas trunks Luca watched and smiled Sydney looked up as he took Lucas cock in his mouth Luca held his head back as Sydney sucked. That was good he thought while  Sydney stroked and sucked at him until he came. Sydney moved up to Luca straddling him, bending to kiss Luca, tasting the saltiness off him.

“ Let’s go back to bed “ Luca said going to move Sydney kissed Lucas neck then stood up holding out his hand for Luca to take he stood up Sydney smiling Luca laid his arm round Sydney’s back walking back to his bedroom for another make out session.

                    Chapter 4 

Giovanni Rafael rolled down his window and looked up at the building “Sir “ Giovanni looked round at Kyle “ Drive on Lewis “ Lewis looked in the mirror and didn't want his boss to go inside he thought as they drove off no point in disturbing Luca at this time Giovanni thought Kyle his Pa typing away on his computer whatever is he doing Giovanni thought driving back to his apartment .

Esther sipped her cocktail she looked round and smiled to herself at the other guests “ Another  ma’m ” The barman asked Esther she nodded “Is  that your first or second “ Esther smiled and looked round at Luca hands in his pockets he smiled “ Darling at last “Luca looks at Esther always fabulous he thought her blonde hair all piled up her nails painted red and she wore a pink chiffon dress  Luca went over to Esther they hugged “ You have neglected me darling “Esther pouted Luca shock his head as he sat on the stool beside her “ Busy with work Esther “ . Esther looked at Luca; he seemed different; she thought Esther sniffed and. Smiled she pointed her finger at Luca “ you’ve meet someone “ The barman passed Luca his whiskey he took a sip “ well “ Esther asked as she tapped  her finger on the table” it’s early days “ Esther squealed at last she thought my boy has meet someone Luca sniggered “ lots to catch up on then “ Esther put her arms round Lucas shoulders “ let’s go clubbing I’m in the mood for it “ Luca sniggered every time they had meet they either drank talked or went clubbing . “ Esther no “ Esther pouted she lightly punched Lucas shoulder “ under the thumb already is he human'' or “ Luca sipped his drink and smiled “ Luca'' `` what I like him “ . Esther shook her head and she hoped he would tell Sydney the other stuff soon he seemed happy Esther thought which is a good thing .

Sydney finished his last two calls. He went into the break room to make himself a coffee and put the panini in the microwave. His phone pinged off a text from Luca Sydney smiled as Lainey, his work friend, came into the break room . “ Nice to see you smile he must be worth it “ Sydney looked up at Lainey and smiled Sydney was on the late shift and Luca was meeting up with a friend tonight “ I like him “ “ good I hope it works out “ that was nice off Lainey to say he hoped so to . They were getting on great and the sex was amazing to Luca, certainly had a good appetite for that, not that Sydney was complaining since he hadn’t had sex for around eight months .

Couple days later Sydney went to the building site after work as Luca , Frank and Lucy were all meeting for dinner Luca was on the phone while Frank and Lucy were checking over swatches and plans . Luca gave Sydney a kiss “ Your friend ok “ Sydney asked Luca “ she’s good at doing some business while she’s here '' Frank and Luca looked over the plans one more time while Sydney and Lucy spoke . '' Oh my god “ Luca looked over at them. What was that about he thought as Sydney touched Lucy’s stomach “ were pregnant “ Luca looked at Frank. He was beaming and Lucy had been married for 4 years and had been trying to get pregnant for a while . ``That's great frank congratulations' ' . Sydney thought Lucy looked a bit pale a few times they had met and finally after trying for a year she was finally pregnant if they didn’t conceive naturally they would have done the IVF route .

Luca had ordered the champagne to celebrate the baby news he was happy for them “ it’s wonderful news isn’t it “ Luca said to Sydney `` brilliant I’m pleased for them “ Luca touched Sydney’s leg they looked at each other “ have you ever thought about having children '' Luca asked Sydney, Sydney hadn’t really thought about it before . “ I hadn’t really thought about it, what about you “ . “ Sometimes “ .they bumped heads frank and Lucy looked at them “ get a room you two “ Frank said Sydney stuck out his tongue Frank sniggered .it's good there all gooey eyed over each other he thought and he was right in getting them together they fitted .

“ NO TOBIN WHERE ARE YOU “ Luca ran into the house as the fire raged Tobin lay on the floor unconscious the flames all around he couldn’t get to Tobin to help him  Luca thrashed out from his nightmare Sydney held him and tried to waken him “ Luca   Luca '' Luca woke up disoriented confused Sydney was worried Luca looked at him “ Luca '' Sydney held onto Luca as he calmed Luca shut his eyes `` Luca talk to me “ . “ I’m sorry “ Luca sat at the end of the bed as Sydney put his arms round Luca`` what was your nightmare about '' . Sydney smoothing Lucas' hair back, reassuring him and kissing his temple .

 

Sydney stood back as Luca opened the safe where Luca kept Tobin ashes what the hell Sydney thought why has he kept his dead lover's ashes in the safe he also noticed a gun in the safe to “ Luca what the hell a gun “ Luca looked round at Sydney “ it’s just precautionary don’t worry it’s not loaded “ “ precautionary what for you don’t have any enemies do you “ .Luca went over to Sydney he put his arms around his shoulders “ no Sydney I don’t have any enemies “ “ Luca why you keeping Tobin  ashes and tell me how it happened” . I’m not comfortable with the Gun around it, better not be loaded Sydney though and it’s weird he has kept Tobins ashes in the safe to weird situation.

                   

Esther walked into the dome restaurant she looked around and spotted Giovanni at his table the waiter came over and took Esther to his table Giovanni saw her he got up and greeted Esther he kissing her cheek as he pulled her chair out Esther sat down Giovanni whispered in her ear “ I’m glad you came “ Giovanni went back to his chair “ Are you Gio “ Giovanni looked at her as he sat down his napkin “ off course I am “ the waiter took there orders and poured Esther her wine she took a sip “ you seem nervous my love “ Esther smiled Giovanni went into his pocket and brought out a box he got up and went over to Esther he sat beside her “ For you my love “ Esther looked at Giovanni and the box . Shit Esther thought he’s going to propose. Am I ready to settle down again Esther thought and besides it’s only been four months since they got together .

 

Esther picked up the box and opened it and was shocked by the ring she looked at Giovanni he smiled “ 10 carrot you like “ “ Gio I don’t know what to say “ “ Say yes be my wife “ Giovanni took Esther s hand and kissed it “ I’ll have to think about it , it’s all so sudden and there’s Luca “ Giovanni went back to his chair as the waiter brought there meal “ I understand you need time that’s ok we can talk to Luca I’m sure he will be fine about it    “ “ Thank you “ 

 

Giovanni smiled, kissing Esther's hand again. She is a wonderful woman. He thought the engagement ring would look good on her finger to “ I will make you happy Esther anything you want my dear “ .

Sydney looked at his car at the underground garage of Lucas apartment building Luca had given Sydney the pass code previously whenever he came to the apartment so that if anytime Luca was working late Sydney would be able to get into the apartment .Sydney had texted Luca he was on his way after work. Sydney got into the lift he smiled and looked down at the take out he got for them both the lift pinged Sydney walked out he heard music playing from the lounge some Andre bocelli Sydney huffed he licked his opera stuff for sure Sydney thought .

 

Luca was on the couch sucking on Raymond’s wrist lost track of time “ Hello Luca “ Luca stopped fuck Sydney shit  and wiped his mouth Raymon rubbed his wrist as Sydney walked into the room and saw Raymond on the couch with Luca what’s going on he thought  who the fuck is this person Sydney thought . “ Sydney it’s not what you think “ “ Oh dear oh dear “ Doris comes running into the lounge as Sydney stares and can’t say anything what’s with the blood the med kit Raymond arm all bloody and there’s blood smeared over. Lucas' mouth . “ Luca why is he bleeding Sydney pointing to Raymond Raymond looks at Luca and back at Sydney  “ Raymond went to get up shit he thought he doesn’t know idiot Raymond thought “I better go “ “ Raymond  sit down “ Raymond  looks at them both he smirks “ He doesn’t know does he “ know what Sydney thought Sydney drops the bag off food was Luca cheating on him or something else Philip comes into the room and sees what’s going on “ shit “ .looking round at everyone damn this is bad Philip thought .

Sydney suddenly got a light bulb moment he put his hands behind his head 

Luca went to get up to go to Sydney “. No don’t come near me ``'' Sydney please “ Sydney ran out the room down the hall to the bathroom and locked it . He paced about the bathroom. What's going on? He thought as he sat on the edge of the bath there was a light tap on the door. “ Sydney please let me in to talk, I'll explain everything “ Luca put his ear to the door as Doris stood back watching she was worried . Silly silly boy he should have talked to him about himself Doris tutted trying to listen through the door .

 

Sydney got up I need to think but he needs to explain what he saw he went to the door he put his hand on the door as tears streamed down his face he slid down his back to the door Luca did the same “ Did you sleep with him “ “ No it’s not like that “ “ What is it like tell me Luca we “ “ I know I never expected to meet someone like you Sydney “ please open the door Luca thought I don’t want to talk through the door like this .

 

What did he mean Sydney thought he had feelings for Luca and he goes and does this to him he was falling in love with Luca he didn’t want secrets between them like Ryan did he wouldn’t be able to deal with it or could he . If they were to move on he would have to do something with his late lovers ashes if they were to move on “ Sydney “ “ don’t keep secrets from me please Luca “ “ I won’t hurt you Sydney please believe me “ “ I know you won’t but I’m scared Luca “ Luca didn’t want Sydney to be scared he would sit here all night if need be “ Luca “ “ yes “ Sydney picked up a photograph sitting in the bathroom off Luca and someone that looked like him it looked an old photo “ the photo off you in here “ shit Luca thought he forgot about that one with him and Tobin . “ like I said I can explain “ “ I’m confused “ . Why do I look like Lucas' dead lover did Luca know before we meet Sydney?

Sydney reached up to unlock the door he slightly opened the door Luca reached over to the door as Sydney opened the door wider Sydney got up and went to sit on the bath Luca stood at the door “ Why does Tobin look like me “ Luca went to move over to Sydney , Sydney held his hand up “Am I a reincarnation of Tobin “ Sydney looks at Luca “ no your not “ Sydney huffed “ Bet that’s a disappointment “ . Luca sat on the toilet he looked at Sydney again “ No Sydney it isn’t I’m telling you the truth and I will tell you everything there are doppelgänger out there that look like each other there could be one off me to “ “ doppelgänger “ “ vampire diaries “ Luca was confused by that what did he mean “ it’s a show from the u.s there are doppelgänger in that “ Luca sniggers  he looks at Sydney “ Are you with me because I look like Tobin “ “ Off course not you are completely different very unexpected “ Sydney sighed he tried to understand what was going on “ I was saved Sydney Esther saved me “ “ whose Esther “ “My  sire I had cancer Sydney I was sired in 1922” .

 

Sydney looked at Luca he dropped the photo and it smashed what the hell he thought “ shit “ Sydney went to pick up the broken glass “ leave it Doris will get it “ “ go on explain I’m listening “ 

“ Esther gave me a lifeline live or die '' Luca knelt in front of Sydney. He told him how he and Esther met his cancer and how Esther saved him he wasn’t ready to die and leave his family and since Esther gave him an ultimatum he took it Sydney was dumbstruck from what Luca told him . “ Did you have any influence on anything when we'' `` Sydney? I promise you I didn’t influence anything “ . “ the blood '' `` I need blood to survive Sydney sometimes animal blood sometimes the blood bank there volunteers that give blood “ 

Sydney got up and went over to the sink he held onto both sides he felt sick and woozy Luca got up and went over to him “ Sydney “ “ I’m fine “ Sydney splashed his face with water he looked at Luca “ Raymond he a volunteer “ “ Yes he comes twice a week as well as another when Raymond isn’t here “ Sydney sits back down on the bath “ Sydney you look pale “ Sydney pointed to his teeth “ can I see “ Luca goes over to Sydney he looks up at Luca his fangs descended Sydney jumps when they do Luca looks away Sydney turns his face round . “ don’t do that, do they hurt “ “ No Sydney touches Lucas fangs. They felt sharp and felt weird. This is a weird situation Sydney thought . I am Utterly freaked out about all this who knew Vampires excised and one he was dating Really weird situation .

Doris and Philip are in the kitchen they had been talking for quite a while now she hoped Mr Luca and Sydney would sort it out “ Doris don’t be worried “ Philip puts his hand on hers “ I know dear “ Sydney and Luca move to the study Sydney looked over at the safe as Luca leaned against the table . Sydney went over to the window he folded his arms as a tear rolled down his face feeling exhausted by it all Luca went over to him . “ Talk to me “ “ I don’t know Luca it’s just all so confusing “ Sydney turned to face Luca Luca put his hand on his shoulder . “ What do you want from me “ “ I never expected to feel like this about you please believe me “ Sydney moved over to the table he turned to Luca “ I’m tired I need to go think about things “ “ ok I understand Philip can take you home “ “ I can drive home “ “ please let Philip drive you home I will sort the car “ 

Sydney was about to walk out the door he looked round at Luca `` I'm falling for you “Luca looked at Sydney he felt the same way how can they move forward from what he knows now maybe they needed a couple days away from each other to work it out . Luca felt happier when he was with Sydney than he had been in a long time since Tobins death; they sure had a connection. Luca thought he just didn’t want to lose him .

 

Philip opened Sydney’s side, he got out, he looked over at his house and at Philip “ He's a good man Sydney '' Sydney smiled and nodded. Philip waited till Sydney got back into the house and he drove back to the apartment. Sydney ran upstairs to his bedroom and flopped onto his bed “ Sydney '' his mum looked in she thought he was staying over at Lucas tonight “ Change of plans `` '' everything ok `” Fine mum”  Ruth shut the door that didn’t sound good she thought have they had an Argument she thought he’ll tell her when he’s ready to . Sydney dialled Frank and Frank got out of bed. When Sydney called what was wrong he thought '' Syd what’s wrong `` '' Frank it’s all a mess ‘ oh no Frank thought not again Lucy looked out Frank shook his head “ what happened then”.

                     Chapter 5 

Doris meet Esther at the lift at the apartment Esther took her coat off and handed it to Doris “ where is he and how much has he had “ “ he’s in the lounge and he’s on his fifth whiskey “ Luca downed the whiskey and let it slide down his throat as he sat in front off the fire in the lounge . He was about to pour another when Esther stopped him Luca looked up at her she cocked her head “ I think you’ve had enough darling “ Luca huffed Esther sat beside him “ I don’t think so “ “ I’m cutting you off c'mon let’s get you to bed “ Esther went to help Luca up “ I love him Esther '' Esther looked at him as Doris and Philip came into help .

 

Luca lay on the bed Esther dismisses Doris and Philip she covers Luca up as he sits up is he going to be sick she thought ‘ I’ve fucked it up Esther “ Esther sighs as she sits beside him “ you told him “ ‘ I was going to tell him but he found out by mistake when Raymond was here “ oh my god she thought he was still using the blood donors idiot she thought “ how do I get him back “ “ first off all you need to rest ok then work it out in the morning ok “ .poor Luca Esther thought he’s hurting “ can I suggest something you have to let Tobin go “ Luca looked at Esther “ how do I do that “ “ you know and for a future or even if there is a future with Sydney Tobins ashes “ Luca sat forward he smiled “ you approve “ “ maybe I do I’d like to meet him “ Luca sensed something else from Esther she was keeping something from him “ you have  something to tell me “ “ not now we’re dealing with you first “ .I will talk to Luca soon about Giovanni but not right now till Luca is in the right headspace .

Giovanni sat in front of his fire in his lounge drinking his wine he smiled thinking of Esther the door chapped Dora his housemaid came in “ Miss Esther “ Esther  stood at the door Giovanni looked round at her he smiled as she came into the room . Giovanni got up to greet Esther he 

 Kissed her on the cheek “ I’m happy to see you everything ok “ “ I accept your proposal “ Giovanni smiled he was happy to hear Esther accepted his marriage proposal “ I’m so happy you accepted my love “. '' We have to talk to Luca like you said ``'' Of course we will have a drink of wine . Esther nodded well. She thought she needed a bit of stability. She had been alone too long . Now Gio was a good man. She hoped Luca would see that .

Sydney was wrestling in bed. He couldn't sleep. Going over his conversation with Luca, he found out he was dreaming. He was in a white room. He looked around what he was doing here, “ Sydney, “ . He looked round and saw someone bright . The person came closer . “ Tobin “ he nodded “what is it “ “ Sydney you have to help “ Tobin looked distressed Sydney thought what did he need help with and how “ Tobin with what “ ‘ my ashes please he has to scatter them to move on with you “ . Sydney sat up and thought why did Tobin come to him like that Sydney checked the time 2am Jesus he thought what he would do and there was a text from Luca too . 

Frank was checking work construction plans and the builders were doing good. Everything was up and running. Luca was on the phone. He didn't look happy. He hadn't said much about him and Sydney when he arrived earlier they would work it out themselves he hoped . After his call Luca came back over “ everything ok “ Luca looked at frank “ yes sorry it will be '' Luca checked over the plans should frank say something he thought “ Luca I know your worried about syd he’s fine we chatted for an hour the other night “ Luca smiled and nodded his head he was a good friend to Sydney `` I'm sorry you guys are in the middle I hope it doesn’t affect anything “ frank touched Lucas arm “ off course not it’s between you and Syd I’m sure the both off you will work it out “ “ I hope so “ 

                    Chapter 6

4 days since Sydney found out about Luca and it had been a couple days since the weird dream he had Sydney was in the break room having his coffee not listening to any conversation “ Syd “ Sydney looked up at Sam he hands him the packet of biscuits “Biscuit “ Sydney shakes his head what was wrong with Sydney Sam thought he looked miserable Sam leans against one the chairs “ Syd you ok “ “ fine just Luca and I but we’ll figure it out “ Sam cocked his head he hated to see his friend hurting just like the last time “ you coming to the pub later “ “ I might do “.

 

Before Sam left he looked round at Sydney stirring his coffee “ I’m sure you and Luca will work it out Syd “ Sam left Sydney leaned against the worktop taking a sip his coffee he hoped so it’s just he had to get his head round the fact that Luca is a vampire can he get the over that only he can work it out himself .

Luca sucked harder on Marcus arm he grabbed tighter than before Marcus squirmed what the hell is wrong with him Marcus thought  as Luca took more than normal “ Luca stop “ Marcus felt dizzy Marcus pulled away “ Jesus Luca “ Luca looked round as he cleaned his mouth Marcus rubbed his arm “ sorry are you ok “ Marcus reaches for the med kit “ I will be that was to much Luca “ Marcus looked at him Luca got up and went over to the mantelpiece he seemed troubled Marcus thought . Maybe something to do with Sydney as Raymond had mentioned him previously “ Luca “ “ you know your way out and remember your vitamins “ Marcus got up he turned round shaking his head “ Don't let him go “ then Marcus left maybe Marcus was right he shouldn’t let him go he so hoped so and try work it out if they can . They had to maybe let Sydney know what it’s like with him. I want to try Luca though I have to .

Sydney went to the bathroom at the pub He thought about going home but decided to stay a bit longerHis text from Luca was that he would be away on business for a few days and hopefully see him when he gets back as Sydney had thought about seeing him before he went as he had More  questions that he wanted to know to try understand and how they could get passed it .Sydney washed his hands he neared moaning coming from one the stalls what the hell he thought what a cheek couldn’t they have waited till they got home and in the pub to He heard giggling and another moan Sydney was about to go when the stall door opened Sydney got a shock what the hell Ryan and martin “ Syd '' Ryan said as the tree off them looked at each other “ we can explain '' Martin his boss looked embarrassed “ Nothing to do with me seems a lot a people are keeping secrets '' Sydney walked out and Marin followed “ Sam I’m gonna go see you Friday “ “ uh ok are you sure “what’s up with him Sam thought doesn’t he want to stay . Sydney went outside he got out his phone and ordered a taxi which would take five minutes to come  Ryan came out after him “ Syd please let me explain '' Sydney turned round and slammed Ryan against the wall “ God sake Ryan can’t you let it go it’s not my business Jesus your getting married “ Ryan hung his head then looked back up at Sydney `` it's just one last fling Suzanne’s pregnant we agreed '' Whst Sydney thought Suzanne wanted Ryan to sleep with someone before they got married “ is that why your getting married “ “ no we only found out couple weeks ago “ Sydney let Ryan go Martin came outside to see if everything was ok “ it’s only recent “ Martin confesses Sydney didn’t care he held his hands up “ I really don’t care “Martin and Ryan looked at each other and back at Sydney then the sound off the taxi beeping off his arrival his taxi arrived and Sydney got in looks at Ryan and Martin when the taxi drove off seriously I can’t believe it Sydney thought finding out about Ryan and Martin.

Sydney slammed the front door Chloe was in the kitchen doing college work when Sydney came home  Jesus she thought keep the door on she thought Sydney went upstairs to his room flopping onto the bed rubbing his temple what a night he thought  Chloe came upstairs to check on Sydney to see if he was ok she   chapped his door “What “ “ Mums doing a double shift what’s up  “ Sydney looked up at Chloe as she hovered at the door “ Dinners in the fridge if you want it “ Sydney grunted Chloe left him to get over his mood whatever it is he had better sort it out. 

Esther looked at her hand admiring her engagement ring she smiled did she do the right thing she thought Giovanni kissed Esther neck and wrapped his arms round her “ it looks good on you “ Esther looked round at him “ it does and I don’t need it resized “ Giovanni kissed Esther “ once Luca comes back we have a family gathering “ Esther nodded that be good she thought get to know the rest off the family her happiness is what matters she thought and Giovanni made her happy he was a good man .

                       Chapter 7

A week later as Sydney came out off work Luca was back from his business trip Sydney decided they should  talk things over but first time to go home get changed and go over to his apartment he would text Luca before he was to arrive “ Sydney “ Sydney looked round as he was at his car and was about to get in Marcus and Raymond stood at the wall what were they doing here he thought they both looked at each other . “ What do you want? “ Raymond nodded his head at Marcus. “ Can we talk? `` '' Look guys, I'm really not in the mood to, besides haven’t you anything better to do than annoy me Sydney huffed shaking his head `` '' It's Luca. “ Sydney sighed, again ``Ok, he thought they’ve got his attention. There's a cafe round the corner, we can talk there.'' Good Marcus thought looking round at Raymond who gave a faint smile .

 

Sydney bought the boys coffees and doughnuts Raymond and Marcus explained about Luca about last week and that Marcus nearly passed out from taking too much blood from him Raymond and Marcus also explained nothing sexual happens when taking their blood . “ It's just the way I found out that shocked me. I bet it was Marcus, especially the way he found out "" coming from different worlds. “ Raymond explained as he looked at Marcus he smiled and took his hand . Sydney guessed they were kinda together they looked at Sydney “ do you love each other “ Sydney asked Raymond and Marcus looked at each other “ since we were 15 “ wow Sydney thought there bond must be strong “ do you love Luca “ Raymond asked Sydney smiled did he love Luca he wasn’t sure “ if you do fight for it because ray and I are done with the blood bank now we’re going straight we’ve talked it through Marcus looked at Raymond taking his hand again smiling at each other . They must love each other Sydney thought but why use the blood bank he thought “ . “ that’s good can I ask do you do it for the money “ 

 

“ yea kinda “ Raymond looks at Marcus and back at Sydney “ we’re only doing it for the money Sydney someday we want to leave Scotland and travel “ Marcus said taking Raymond’s hand they smiled at each other again well that’s something Sydney thought they care for each other but it’s some way to save up money he thought . “ We also want to set up our own business to don’t we babe “ Marcus looks round at Raymond again and looks at Sydney “ Will you talk to Luca “ Raymond asks Sydney sighs sitting back n his chair after chatting with Marcus and Raymond and understanding where there coming from Sydney kinda felt better and to be honest with himself he missed Luca .

“ I will when he gets back “ Raymond and Marcus smile and look at each other again. That's good they both thought hopefully they can work it. It's a revelation indeed Sydney looks at his watch. They have been chatting for nearly an hour and a half now and it’s time he got home .

 

After saying their goodbyes Marcus and Raymond asked to keep in touch on how Sydney and Lucas reunion would go. They weren’t as bad as he thought, just two innocent boys trying to make a living in this world their way .

Sydney shut the car door and locked he he looked over at the house he sighing  time to sort things out with Luca he heard his mum talking to someone in the kitchen it wouldn’t be Chloe she would be with friends Sydney went into the kitchen someone else was there “ at last where you been “ Ruth asked Luca looked round at Sydney he smiled Sydney’s heart raced it was like meeting him all over again “ Sydney “ as Sydney stood staring at him “ I got held up “ “ right oh Luca was telling me about Switzerland sounds lovely anyway you two have lots to catch up on I’ll leave you to it “ Ruth left the kitchen she shut the kitchen door Sydney went over to the table he sat beside Luca he reached for Lucas hand . “ I’m glad your here “ Sydney looked at Luca and smiled “You  are “ Sydney reached over and kissed Luca which he was surprised about “ Sydney I “ “ Shh no don’t I was actually coming to see you “ Luca touched Sydney’s face “ You were “ “ We have lots to discuss “ “ We do “ Sydney took Lucas hand again and looked at him “ Baby steps Luca “ Luca nodded Sydney got up Luca looked up at him “ I’m going to get some clothes ok “ “ Your coming back to mine “ Sydney bent down to Luca “ Yes we have catching up to do and to talk “ Luca smiled and nodded this is good he thought .

 

Sydney’s phone pinged of a text he checked his phone it was Ryan trying to apologise again he put his phone away ‘ I won’t be long “ Sydney went upstairs to gather some clothes Ruth stood at the door she smiled “ Spending the weekend with Luca ok mum “ ‘ Off Course “ Sydney looked round he smiled at his mum “ He seems nice I like him “ “ Good me to “ .And I think I’m falling in love with him to Sydney thought Smiling into himself but they have a lot talking to do also .

Sydney and Luca got back to the apartment Sydney put his bag on the floor Luca watched him  from the door smiling happy to see Sydney in his home again  Sydney looked round at him smiled at Luca cocking his head wondering why he is staring at him   Luca comes over to Sydney  they kissed “ Do  you trust me “ Sydney nodded i think i trust him Sydney thought i want to “ just so you know I would unless you consent ok “ “ I trust you Luca “ Luca touched Sydney’s face he leaned into him they kissed again Luca took off Sydney’sshirt Luca did the same . Sydney then   crawled up the bed naked he looked round at Luca and smiled Luca went into the drawer and got out the condoms and lube and sat them on the bed Luca got onto the bed he  straddled Sydney they kissed “ Luca the condoms do we “ “ Yes even though we don’t get diseases “ Luca kissed all the way down to Sydney’s stomach Sydney held onto his head Luca looked up at him . “ I love you “ Sydney said Luca smiled and crawled back up to him “ I love you to “ Luca growled Sydney looked at him and smiled Luca went all the way down again kissing till he got to Sydney’s cock taking him in his mouth Sydney arched up he closed his eyes as Luca licked and sucked his cock Sydney groaned feeling good .

 

Luca looked at Sydney his face flushed “ Do you trust me Sydney ''Luca asking him again making sure” Yes “ Luca put some lube on his finger as he slide it into Sydney’s entrance he arched at the invasion kissing while Luca flicker his finger inside Sydney he groaned again Luca bending to kiss him he then got the condom ripping it open then sliding the condom n Luca slid it on and he gently tease his cock inside Sydney they kissed agIn '' Trust me “ Luca whispered again licking his ear  Sydney nodded they kissed again Luca held up one off Sydney’s hands '' Don't hold back I trust you “ “ Are you sure “ Sydney nodded Luca moved faster flitting in and out Sydney moaned  oh god he thought that’s good Sydney shouted it was amazing he had tingles all over it was different from before  . Luca growled again Sydney turned round and Luca took him from the back Luca looking down at him Sydney arched up for better access “ I’m gonna come “ Sydney said as Luca licked all the way up his back tingles all the way “ oh god “ Luca licked his ear as he moved inside him again  he was about to come when Sydney came he grunted oh my god he thought that was amazing . Luca still when he came he held onto Sydney’s back and kissed him that was amazing he thought holding onto Sydney .

Afterwards lying beside each other after their third time off making love Sydney leaned in his arm Luca had his arm around Sydney “ That was “ Luca looked round at Sydney smiling he kissed him “ Amazing was it “ “ Different “ Sydney looked at him yes different than any other guy he had been with “ good different “ “yes “ Sydney kissed Luca his head against Lucas shoulder holding hands well they were just gonna talk Sydney thought . “ What are you thinking about “ Luca asked Sydney looked up at Luca “ That I wasn’t gonna put out so quick and to talk “ 

“ Right “ Luca kissed Sydney’s head he thought the same but they both had catching up to do Luca thought Luca turned Sydney to his side and lay his arm around Sydney snuggling into him kissed his shoulder this is where I want to be Luca thought “ What are you thinking about '' Sydney asked looked round at Luca . “ That I missed you go to sleep Sydney talk more in the morning “ 

                         Chapter 8

Doris made breakfast in the morning Doris Fussed over Sydney she also made some for Philip to as she always did Luca was on a call about work while Sydney ate his breakfast “ Doris “ “ Yes Dear “ “ No black pudding please “ Doris looked At Sydney no black pudding she thought that was strange Philip looked at Sydney and thought the same “ Are you sure dear “ “Don’t like it “ Doris looked at Philip he shrugged his shoulders . Luca heard giggling coming from the kitchen. He smiledIt was good to hear as he entered the kitchen, Doris fussing around Sydney and Philip . Sydney looked up and smiled. Luca went over to him and kissed his head “Coffee Dear “ “Yes thank you Doris' ' Luca sat beside Sydney . “ Let’s go out for the day" " that would be great “ . Great idea Sydney thought and that way they can talk about stuff too .

Luca took his own car for there drive his four wheel drive Luca put on some music Andre bocelli Sydney sniggered this won’t do he thought Luca will have to get used to different types of music he thought Luca looked at him “ What “ Sydney turned off the tape and put on the radio Ed Sheeran came on the radio Sydney looked at Luca and smiled “ That's better and where are we going “ “ The country friends own a pub I thought we could go there “ . Ok Luca thought I could let him pick the music he guessed and thought, doesn't he like Andre bocelli? 

 

Luca took Sydney’s hand as they drove along Sydney thought Luca looked relaxed and not so stressed Luca lifted Sydney’s hand and kissed it Sydney smile Luca looking at him an hour later Luca and Sydney arrived at the pub that Luca mentioned they both got out the car Lucas phone pinged off a text he checked the message it was from Esther wanting to chat . “ Everything ok “ Sydney asked Luca “ Just Esther I’ll phone her later “ Luca put his arm around Sydney he leaned into Luca he kissed Sydney’s head again  two people came out of the pub and greeted them they hugged Luca . “ Sydney this is Ida and Patrick mason “ “ Pleased to meet you “ Sydney looked at Luca as Ida hugged him “ Ida and Patrick are distant cousins “ Ida and Patrick looked at each other and back at Luca and Sydney they seemed very happy they both thought .

 

Ida and Patrick own and run the pub which had been in the family for generations as well as a farm which is a mile down the road there are a few geese around the pub from the pond next to it and they feed with scraps  ``Amazing place you have “ “ Thank you and we’re glad you came it’s about time Luca met someone “ . Sydney looks at Luca smiling at him they have thought the same then them both going into the pub and getting a table nice Sydney thought very homely to .

“ I know he looks like Tobin “ Luca explains to Patrick while they chatted in the back he explains to them that there is no connection Sydney is not a reincarnation off Tobin and that Tobin and Sydney are not  connected in anyway it’s just Sydney is Tobins Doppelgänger that there are people out there that look like other people in some ways “ Are you happy Luca “ “ Yes Patrick I am I love him and he knows everything we’re working on things “ “ He does “ Luca nods and he is happy that Sydney has accepted that Luca is different . And that he will trust Luca not to drink his blood unless he asked him to not that Luca wanted to .

Sydney stood outside the view from the pub was spectacular he took a sip of his beer Ida and Patrick seemed nice he thought made him welcome and that made him happy to know that  Luca put his arms round Sydney’s waist he smiled and leaned into him “ Enjoying the view “ “ it’s a beautiful view Sydney turned his head they kissed “ Luca “ “ Yes “ Sydney turned to face Luca he looked up at him “ Are we official now “ Luca smiled he touched Sydney’s face and smiled “ Are we having the talk “ Sydney cocked his head he wanted it to be official be monogamous together “ I’d like that “ “ There is the other thing “ . Luca went nearer to Sydney he touched his face again Sydney looked at him “ I’ll not be using them anymore I saw how it hurt you from now on blood bank only I’ll get my supply sent to me like always “ . “ Thank you “ They kissed again. He would do anything for Sydney and for things to work out for them . Sydney was pleased to hear he wouldn’t use the human blood bank anymore for them to move on .

 

“ Foods ready “ Ida shouted from the door “ I like them “ Sydney said Ida and Patrick made him feel welcome “ They like you too “ .Good to hear Sydney thought Luca taking his hand leading him back into the pub for their pub lunch and a good lunch it was Ida had made a good spread Sydney thought enough to feed the whole pub to .

Chloe and her friends were in the pub in town. They sometimes meet after college to go over course work but tonight they are out for a night out. She went to the bar and got her drink and one of her friends  drinks.before leaving the bar   She nearly spilled her drink on the guy beside her. They look at each other Gosh she thought he’s hot Chloe blushed. He had the most striking green eyes, amazing hair and a good sense of style to her . “ I’m so sorry “ “ it’s fine “ he smiled Chloe blushed and her friends noticed what was happening “ can I get you your drinks “ “ it’s fine thanks . “ I’m Penn `` Chloe looked at him “ Chloe” Chloe smiled again then left to go over to her friends again ' ' he's hot “ Julie said as they looked at him again Penn looked over at them then his friends arrived Chloe bit her lip he is cute she thought .Julie noticed Chloe staring at the guy shaking her head.

 

“ He is cute right “ Chloe asked looking at him Julie looked round again yea not bad she thought .

Sydney fell asleep on the way back to Lucas' apartment  Luca  parked in his space.in the underground parking space Luca looked over at Sydney. He smiled . He looked so peaceful. He reached over to him and touched Sydney’s face. He stirred and opened his eyes . “ oh god did I fall asleep “ Sydney stretched Luca smiled at him “ it’s ok been a big day “Luca reached over to Sydney they kissed “ Someone kept me up most the night .Luca giggled “ cmon lets get up to the apartment. . Doris greeted them at the lift “ Miss  Esther is here “ Luca nodded what is she doing here he thought  they went into the lounge she got up to greet them Esther got a shock when she saw Sydney his resemblance to Tobin as Luca introduced Sydney to Esther ``Nice to meet you Esther “ “ Luca can we talk privately “ Luca put his arm around Sydney he looked at him “ Anything you have to say I’m not keeping secrets from Sydney '' Sydney looked at Luca maybe it was a private matter and let them talk “ it’s ok I’m going to phone mum anyway “ . Sydney left the room Luca shut the door and he looked at Esther . “ Luca “ “ I know it’s been dealt with Sydney knows now tell me what’s up '' Esther went into her bag and brought out a box with her engagement ring she bit her lip Luca looked at it and at Esther `` Giovanni has proposed “ “ wow it’s a beautiful ring and did you accept “ Esther went over to the drinks cabinet and poured herself a whiskey “ I’ve kinda accepted he wants to meet you so we can officially announce it proper “ Luca smiled he would love for Esther to be happy with someone “ You want my approval “ “ He is a good man Luca “ “Well if he makes you happy and I’d like to meet him '' Esther goes over to Luca she puts her arm around his waist “ Thank  you “ “ Sydney and I are exclusive now “ .

 

Wow Esther thought it is about time he has someone in his life she thought he had grieved for Tobin to long now “ “ That is wonderful darling “ 

                Chapter 9

“ Luca Lovely to meet you at last “ Giovanni held out his hand they shook hands nice place Luca thought he must be really loaded he thought  “You To Giovanni “ Esther went over to Giovanni he kissed her cheek he smiled at her laying his arm around her waist “Please have a seat “ Luca sat on the couch Esther sat beside him “ Drink “ “ whiskey neat please “ Giovanni went over to his drinks cabinet and sorted them there drinks Giovanni looks round at them “ or any other drink Luca “ “ No thanks “ Esther looked at Luca she seemed kinda nervous he thought probably because Luca meeting Giovanni for the first time “ whiskey man like myself “ Giovanni looked round and handed them their drinks . Penn Giovanni's nephew came into the room ready to go out , “ Penn be careful “ , yes uncle Giovanni shook his head Luca wonders why as Penn left “ he’s such a sweet boy “ Giovanni sipped his drink “ His mother is ill his father died and I promised them I’d look after him “ 

 

“ your doing the best you can for him gio “ Esther said to Giovanni he smiled at her “ so Esther said your happy for us “ Luca looked at Esther “ Esther’s happiness means a lot to me Giovanni she’s happy I’m happy “ “ I’ll make sure I keep her happy “ Esther goes over to Giovanni  again and bends down to kiss him “ I hope so “ . Esther goes back over to sit beside Luca “ your business doing well “ Giovanni asks Luca “ Yes my business is doing well can’t complain “ 

 

“ have you thought about merging at all “ merging Luca thought no he hadn’t he liked his business the way it runs “ no I’ve not thought off that “ “ I was thinking that we could “Giovanni sips his drink crossing his leg Esther looked at Luca he looked at her “ Thanks Giovanni but not right now “ 

 

“ I understand your business is doing well you have been running it for a few years now “ He has done his homework Luca thought but that’s ok he thought he did also and Giovanni is a very wealthy man he isn’t sure whether that’s what Esther is with him for or for love he thinks  But seeing them together it does look like she does love him .

Penn waited outside the train station for Chloe to arrive he had been early just incase he was anxious what if she didn’t turn up he kept looking at his phone wishing she was here now  “ Hello “ Penn looked up as Chloe stood she smiled and bit her lip staring at Penn  “ You came “ “ I did say I would didn’t I “ Penn looked down at his feet he was glad she came smiling into himself  “ Where do you want to go “ “ Hard Rock Cafe “ Chloe suggested Penn smiled and nodded .Good idea he thought he liked the place .

Penn seemed nice Chloe thought they chatted about most things about Chloe’s college course and what she would like to do in the future  and possibly go travelling “ You like the college “ “ it’s not bad I like the course I’m doing  “   Penns phone pinged he checked it his uncle gio checking in “ ok “ Penn looked up at Chloe “ Just my uncle checking in “ “ your living with him right “ Penn nodded and put his phone back in his jacket pocket  “ What do you want to do now “Penn asked his throat burning  “ I’m up for any suggestions “ Chloe blushed Penn smiled the waiter came with the bill Chloe got her purse out her bag to pay half “ No it’s my treat I’ll pay “ what a lovely guy Chloe thought I would have paid half she thought “ Pub “ Chloe suggested penn nodded “ I’m up for that “ .

 

While they stood outside of the Hard Rock Cafe. Penn bent down to kiss Chloe. He looked at her.Nice he thought . Chloe smiled and they walked to Penn, took Chloe’s hand and off they went To Wetherspoons for a couple drinks .

                  

 

“ No Sydney it’s not for you “ Sydney sat on the couch Luca stood at the window he looked round at Sydney he can’t believe what he had just said `` but it’s what I want Luca “ Luca went over to Sydney and sat beside him Sydney had announce for Luca to turn him he had been thinking about it for a few days now .He wanted to be with Luca for good it felt right he thought  “ do you love me “ Luca looked at Sydney off course he did how could he ask that question “ off course I love you '' `` it’s my choice right “ Luca touched Sydney’s face “ You  do '' `` please respect my choice your my life now and I want to be with you for good “ Luca kissed Sydney `Hugging him ` let me think about it ok I’ll speak to Esther '' why would he have to speak to Esther first Sydney thought “ she sired me remember '' .

 

“ For Advice, '' Luca nodded, touching Sydney's face. That was ok. Sydney thought Luca kissed him, laying his arm around Sydney's shoulder. I do want to be with Sydney for good whether he is human or not .

“ he wants to what “ Esther couldn’t believe what Luca told her that Sydney wanted Luca to turn him and they wanted to be forever Luca noticed Esther had her engagement ring on “ Could  you talk to him I’ve tried “ “ Off  course I will and yes I’ve decided to wear my engagement now “ Esther seemed anxious Luca thought what was wrong he wondered “ Gio wants to get married soon “ “ Really “  

 

That night Luca had a nightmare again he wished Sydney had stayed over tonight he calmed him whenever Luca sat at the end of the bed he checked his phone 2am he got up and went into the study he sat at his desk he rubbed his face . He went into the drawer and brought out the whiskey bottle and poured himself a half glass “ What  do you want me to do Tobin “ Luca looked at the safe .  Sydney woke up in a sweet sat up Tobin had come to him again pleading again this was getting ridiculous he thought something had to be done about Tobins ashes for definite .

Luca and Sydney meet up a couple days later for lunch “ I have a place in the Cotswolds we can go to for a few days “ Luca mentioned to Sydney Sydney looked up he smiled “ You  do does this mean you’ve agreed “ Luca put his hand on Sydney’s he smiled “ Yes but there are things you have to agree to first “ “Ok  I will I can get time off I’m due holidays thank you “ “ Doris and Philip can go to the house to set it up soon “ Sydney reached over and kissed Luca happy that he had agreed to turn him .

Esther passed Giovanni's office. She heard him  talking . It sounded like Penn, his nephew and someone else she didn’t know who Esther knocked on the door and went inside Chris; his  bodyguard was also in the room too . Penn didn’t look happy Esther went over to gio he kissed her cheek “ Everything ok “ “ yes  we're done now aren’t we Penn we'll talk later “ Penn and Chris left Giovanni went over to his drinks cabinet Esther wondered what that was about “ Penns young and still to turn I've a feeling it will be soon he’s showing signs '' he looks at Esther she nods he goes over to Esther `` what about 2 months for the wedding Esther “ “ Gio we can’t plan a wedding in 2 months '' off course we can love “ 

 

Well if he wants it in two months fine she would have to get started in the preparations soon and find a reception place and look for dresses .

Sydney and Luca arrived at the cottage at the Cotswolds a week later Sydney was impressed by the cottage how quaint it was he thought Doris and Philip had arrived a couple days before to sort things out at the cottage “ Luca it’s lovely how long have you had it for “ “ Aro6nd 5 years '' Sydney had. Walk round the garden which gets tended to by Lucas Gardner . “ garden is amazing “  Sydney and Luca walked along admiring the flower array of different colours “ Will  tends  to the garden every week'' . ``Teas ready “Doris shouts from the house Luca puts his arm around Sydney as they go back into the house . 

Penn’s head hurt, everything ached as he lay in bed in a sweat he couldn’t sleep. He got up and went into the bathroom. He switched on the light and looked at himself in the mirror bags under his eyes. He splashed his face with water and his gums ached so much . The dreams he was having about blood were getting too much now can’t his transition just come now, just go back to bed. He thought about trying not to think about it, think about Chloe for his next date. He really liked her. He thought she was a good person. The light was hurting his eyes, switching off the light going back into bed, his mind racing. Hopefully he can get back to sleep.

               Chapter 10

                                 

Luca prepared the med kit just for a precaution if needed Sydney sat on the bed watching while  Luca had prepared everything that Esther told him to do Luca looked over at Sydney he looked nervous Luca thought he went over to him he sat beside him he touched his face Sydney smiled . “ Don't be nervous “ Sydney nodded Luca kissed him a soft light kiss Luca took Sydney’s arm before he cleaned the area . “ No here “ Sydney pulled aside his robe revealing his neck “ Are  you sure “ Sydney nodded Luca pulled down his robe he kissed Sydney on the lips and worked his way to his neck leaving tingles he licked his neck as his fangs descended he looked up at Sydney first “ it will hurt “ Sydney nodded he was prepared for that . Luca sucked as he bit into Sydney’s neck Sydney winced as a sharp pain while  Lucas fangs bit into him Sydney felt a slight pulling on his neck at first it was uncomfortable then became pleasurable.after a few minutes which he didn't think it would .

 

Sydney felt dizzy then a burning and a slight euphoria as if he was floating everything was blurry he couldn't see proper or Luca Luca stopped he wiped his mouth Sydney felt he was on a high Luca opened his robe and cut his chest as the blood flowed Luca guided Sydney to his chest “Drink  from me Sydney ''Luca pulling Sydney to him  . Sydney tasted the blood a slight Cooper taste as he let the blood flow down his throat he let the connection flow through him while  he drank Lucas blood . The feeling of euphoria hit him again, his head beating faster as everything burned.his heart beating faster  Luca held onto Sydney as his breathing slowed down Sydney blacked out .

 

Luca lay Sydney down as he got a towel to clean his chest as he watched Sydney his breathing laboured the racking started  He wasn't sure how long it would take for him to wake up. He went to the bed kit to clean his chest. He looked round at Sydney and his eyes fluttered open. Sydney felt weird looking at the ceiling  .  Sydney looked round at him, he sat up, he smiled , it worked . Luca thought “ Sydney “ he looked at Luca then a burning in his throat as he clutched his neck and looked at Luca “ it burns “ Sydney croaked “ it will for a while “ . The door knocked and Doris came in to check they both looked at her Sydney smiled “ I’ll go run the bath “ Doris left Sydney went to get up he felt a bit dizzy and strange he could hear everything he thought “ The bath will help “ 

Sydney lay in the bath while Luca sat beside him the bath did help with the aches while  rubbed the cloth over him Sydney drank the blood that Luca gave him which was helping strange at first he thought it did help he had a hunger feeling what is that Sydney thought “ How do you feel “ “Amazing it’s weird I feel everything and hear everything throat burns a little “ Luca kissed him and smiled “ I’ll show you everything “ .” I love you “ Sydney said Luca touched his face Luca smiled and leaned over to kiss Sydney “ I love you to “ .Luca was glad Sydney was ok Turning can be confusing at first but with Lucas guidance he will be ok .

Philip was sitting outside on the porch having a smoke and drinking his coffee when Luca came out followed by Sydney he looked round at Philip and smiled. Philip thought he transitioned quite easily. Some new vampires take it quite badly . Sydney smiled at Philip, his fangs descended. Sydney put his hand on his mouth, Luca sniggered, Sydney looked at him . “my love it takes time to get used to “ It does “ Luca put his arm round Sydney’s shoulder. They both looked out. Sydney could sense something but wasn’t sure what it was so he looked at Luca . '' It takes time to get used to new sounds, smells and sensations. What do you feel "" Not sure "" Lets run “ Sydney Looked at Luca run he thought were Luca held out his hand and they flitted off . Doris came out with tea and she sighed they'd gone off exploring. Hopefully Master Sydney will be ok .

Luca and Sydney stopped in the Forest they must have run at least 2 miles Sydney sensed something he sniffed the air so did Luca “ Stay “ Luca went first and looked round he turned to Sydney and waved for him to come to him . Sydney joined him Luca pointed to the stag that was near he looked at Luca for reassurance it was a stag could they they looked at each other “ Follow my lead “ Luca flitted and jumped the stag and bit into it Sydney flitted over to him luca took Sydney’s hand and guided him as he bit into the stag . It felt different from Lucas' blood as he let the blood flow inside him “ your learning fast Sydney “ “ what do we do with the stag “ . Sydney felt stronger now with the blood it was different from Lucas blood to Animal blood something he would have to get used to .

They flitted back to the cottage with the stag Doris came out she huffed and shook her head Sydney and Luca looked at each other “ well I guess we're having stag for dinner then “ Doris said Sydney looked and Luca grinning I’m so proud of him Luca thought he is learning fast which is good .

Sydney kissed all the way down Lucas stomach and back up to his neck and kissed Luca `` I love you “ Luca bent down to kiss Sydney , Sydney sat up as well as Luca as they faced each other and kissed Lucas fangs descended as he bit into Lucas neck Luca moaned and shut his eyes . Luca held Sydney’s arm up as he slid inside Sydney arched up Luca growled and kissed him and went faster. It was good Sydney thought as he kissed Lucas shoulder . Sydney turned round onto his stomach as Luca kissed and licked down his back sending tingles  down Sydney’s spine Luca licked his entrance “Oh god “ Sydney said he smashed his face into the pillow “ Luca “ “ shh feel” Luca slide inside again holding onto Sydney’s hips as he got into a rhythm Sydney groaned so good he thought .

Luca came hard both sweaty and stated Sydney thought that was definitely different as he snuggled into Luca now that he was a vampire would it be all different now Luca kissed Sydney’s head . “ You're overthinking again “ Sydney looked up at Luca `` I'm not everything is just heightened now it’ll be ok won’t it “ “ Sydney I promise you it will '' Sydney could smell cooking coming from the kitchen Sydney thought Doris cooking the stag they killed . “ Move in with me “ Luca asked Sydney sat up and faced Luca ``Are you serious “ Luca cocked his head he smiled and reached over to kiss Sydney “ I’m serious your my life now I love you and I want would like you to move in with me “ “ You know I’ll have to chat to mum about it first “ Luca touched Sydney’s face “ off course “ “ Can I ask a question Philip why didn’t he turn “ “ it’s not what he wanted I promised his grandfather I would look after him “ .

Luca and Sydney flitted into the kitchen Doris looked round and smiled as Philip came inside with more firewood “ just in time dinner is ready “ Sydney looked at Luca as they sat at the table “ it smells amazing Doris “ Sydney said he looked up at Doris `` stroganoff ala stag '' Philip shook his head Sydney sniggered . Sydney was amazed how quick he took to learning his new ability Luca had told him most vampires don’t eat food just blood to sustain them and that others are different .That could eat food all depending how they are with their abilities .

 

               

                     Chapter 11

A week went past to quick Luca was amazed how Sydney took to his new abilities so quick which he was pleased about if he could be around Doris and Philip he will be ok he hoped with his family and work Luca had given Sydney his source for blood s local butcher and the blood bank Sydney opted just to use animal blood that Luca used now now and again he did get human blood by blood bags from donors . 

 

Luca stopped outside Sydney’s house Sydney looked over at the house and back at Luca “ Sydney you're going to be ok I promise “ “ it’s not that I miss you already “ Luca reached over to Sydney and kissed him leaning into each other I don’t want to leave Luca Sydney thought looking at each other then kissed .

Sydney and Luca went into the house Chloe was sitting at the table doing some course work Ruth was busying about the kitchen when they both came in Ruth came over to Sydney and Luca and hugged them “ Are you feeling any better love “ “ I’m fine mum “ Ruth studied Sydney for a minute she touched his face and looked at Luca “ cup tea “ “ That be lovely Ruth “ Sydney and Luca sat at the table as Ruth sorted the cups for there tea she looked round . “ Did the hospital say what it was that gave you food poisoning “ “ could have been the shellfish at that place we went to “ Sydney looked at Luca and nodded “ definitely won’t be having that again right babe “ “ I agree “ .Luca smiling at Sydney taking his hand Ruth noticed is something going on between them she thought .

 

Afterwards Sydney stood at the car saying goodbye to Luca he didn’t want him to go and stay “ you know if you want me I’ll be there straightaway “ “ I know love you “ they kissed and hugged “ love you to “ Chloe watched from the window she smiled Ruth came into the livingroom and shook her head “ Chloe “ “ what mum it’s cute he’s in love “ Ruth put her arm round Chloe she was happy for Sydney and Luca she could see that they were in love it was cute to see just as long it works out Ruth thought .

Sydney hated being back at work a few days later he wished he was back at the Cotswolds with Luca he had spoken to his mum about moving in with Luca and they both planned to go on holiday and do a bit travelling it’s what Sydney had wanted to do for quite a while . He was in the break room making tea “ I’ll have one to “ Sydney looked round at Martin as he leaned against the table “ I got your request “ Sydney nodded he handed Martin his tea “ a sabbatical of 3 months is there a reason for that Syd ‘ Sydney turned to face Martin '' I thought it was about time I did some travelling Luca and I have discussed it and I’ve been thinking about it for a while “ Martin  nodded his head '' serious with him then “ Sydney smiled “ it is biscuit “ Sydney handed Martin the biscuits '' I'm also considering moving in to “ wow Martin thought it been a whirlwind romance he must love this guy '' you know you know right “ .

 

“ Look Syd about Ryan and I “ Sydney held up his hand. He's heard it before “ Martin, that was between you and Ryan Lucas, my life now, that's your business “ “ I know and I have a date this weekend “ .A date Sydney thought so he and Martin were not that exclusive then . “ So you and Ryan are allowed to see other people “

 

“ Something like that  “ 

“ Penn  what are we doing here? '' Chloe wondered as Penn had brought her to the building site on his uncle's new build project. He wanted to show Chloe how the site was doing. Chloe had thought Penn was acting kinda strange the past couple days. Was he ill she thought . ``It's looking good right, what do you think? '' ``It's not bad, can we go get fish chips now? '' ``Soon ok,” Penn hugged Chloe . He had a headache again which he had been having on and off for the past few days . “ Penn you feel kinda hot “ Chloe looked at him he smiled “ thanks I know “ Chloe laughed at his joke but he was kinda hot he also looked tired than normal .they heard talking shit Penn thought he would have been alone with Chloe his uncle and Esther appeared he was showing her around the building and how it was progressing. Giovanni was surprised to see them both at the site “ Penn what are you doing here “ Giovanni asked “ I’m just showing Chloe around “ Chloe looked at Penn and his uncle didn’t look happy “ Penn we should go now “ Chloe asked Penn  looked at her and put his arm around her .Penn smiled down at Chloe is he ok she thought they looked over at his uncle and Esther Penn hugged Chloe a little to tight she thought looking up at him again .

 

Esther sensed something wasn’t right with Penn. She knew he was going through his transition. Did he bring Chloe here to kill her or take her blood? He had been acting weird lately. Chloe looked a little scared . Giovanni took Penn away from Chloe to talk to him Esther went over to Chloe `` Chloe came with me till Giovanni to Penn “. Penn put his head on Giovanni's shoulder what was wrong Chloe thought '' Chloe listen to what I have to say “ Chloe looked at Esther '' is there something wrong '' `` NO “ Penn shouted then screamed Esther put her arm round Chloe Esther looked round at Giovanni and Penn , Penn was holding his head Giovanni trying to calm him . Damn is he transitioning now Esther thought .

 

“ Penn “ Chloe shouted Penn  growled at her Esther opened her phone to dial number Penn grabbed his uncles shirt “ HELP ME “ “ Penn calm down your in transition it’ll be over soon “ Transition what did that mean Chloe thought what was happening Chloe started shaking and tears ran down her cheeks Penn looked at her eyes blazing .what the hell is happening why is Penn beng like this it’s scaring me .

 

Luca’s phone rang he checked the caller ID it was Esther calling him he excused himself to take the call “ Esther what’s up “ “ Luca we need you now it’s Chloe and Penn he’s in his transition “ shit Luca thought that’s not good he disconnected the call let Sydney know and they left straight away .

                    

Luca and Sydney flitted to the Giovannis development site Esther texted where they were they could see Giovanni talking to penn and Chloe hugging into Esther “Uncle Chloe has got to understand Chloe I like you but you gotta know “ Esther held Chloe tighter jeez Chloe thought Esther is strong Penn Brought out a gun from his back he had in his jeans . “ Penn What are you doing? “ Esther looked round at Luca and Sydney standing at the entryway Chloe saw her brother Luca shook his head for Sydney to stay back .Sydney growled it was his sister if he did anything to her “ Sydney “ Sydney looked at Luca . Esther moved Chloe away from Giovanni and Penn,Penn growled and bared his fangs Chloe screamed Penn Pointed the gun at Giovanni Luca flitted over to Penn and they fought Sydney bared his fangs and Chloe screamed what’s happening with everyone and her brother Sydney flirted over to Penn to “ you scared my sister “ Penn bared his fangs Chloe screamed Sydney punched Penn and he fell back “ Sydney “ Luca shouted Penn launched himself at Sydney and threw him against the boards . Luca went to Sydney he looked round at Penn Luca hissed and bared his fangs “ Luca I’m ok “ Luca looked down at Sydney and cradled him .

 

Chloe was shaking what’s going on everything’s going crazy Penn stalked over to Chloe and Esther , Esther bared her fangs at him Giovanni flitted over to Penn he punched his uncle as Giovanni fell to the ground Penn Looks over at Chloe and Esther again he licks his lips and snarls .” No one hurts my sister “ Sydney flitted to Penn again and they fought and bared their fangs Giovanni got up and flew at Penn Esther got the gun as it dropped .

Luca picked up a bit of sharp wood “ Sydney “ Sydney looked round as Luca ran to Penna shot ran out from where Luca didn’t know as everything was so quick Sydney turned Penn round to face Luca oncoming with the wood as he plunged it into Penns heart . Penn screamed and fell to the ground clutching his chest Sydney went to his sister as she clung onto him crying Esther running to Penn checking him over his eyes rolling and passing out .

Esther's hands shook as Luca took the gun from her Giovanni lay on the ground the bullet to his head which was meant for Penn'' Esther “ Luca went to her tears streaming down her face she looked at Luca '' Esther give me the gun “ Esther shook her head the bullet was for Penn not Giovanni. “ Go I’ll do damage control “ “ Esther no we can sort this “ . Philip came into the building and saw what happened Chloe clung to Sydney shaking Esther bent down beside Giovanni she would deal with what happened . Philip took Chloe’s arm and guided her to the car with protest  while Sydney went over to Luca and Esther Luca looked at him “ Esther are you sure “ Esther nodded and looked at them both Luca bent to hug Esther she was shaking they looked at each other she looked over at Philip taking Chloe away . Esther wiped her nose standing up looking down at Giovanni. She composed herself. Looked at Luca “ Luca go I’ll be fine “ Luca nodded and looked at Sydney going over to him taking his hand and looking round at Esther again taking out her phone to call Nico .

Chloe sat on the bed a blanket over her Doris had made her sweet tea with whiskey in it Sydney sat at the side off the bed as Luca stood at the door watching “ Chloe talk to me” Chloe wiped her nose she tried to understand what was going on was she going mad when how did this happen . “ Syd I don’t understand when how “ .Sydney  looked round at Luca and smiled “ I’ve known for a while about Luca and well I made the decision myself I want to be with him forever “ Chloe sipped her tea wow she thought her brother is a vampire who would have thought that would happen to him . “ you love him “ “ yes you know you know he’s my soulmate” “ Does mum know “ Sydney Shook his head Chloe cocked her head “ She's bound to know something when you had food poisoning “ Sydney nodded wow Chloe thought that was when he “ Chloe not yet ok “ .Sydney looked up at Luca he smiled and nodded in time they would tell his mum but only Chloe to know for now .

 

“ I liked Penn“ Chloe sighed she did like him in some way “ Chloe it wasn’t your fault he was going through his transition and he couldn’t control it “ “ I think I understand can I stay here tonight “ Sydney looked at Luca “ Off course you can “ Luca said Sydney mouthed thank you to him “ Mum is on nights tonight anyway “ “ Don't worry I’ll call let her know we’re having a pizza night “ “ Your the best “ .

 

They hugged Chloe and shook Sydney making sure she had what she needed before going to sleep Doris had got her an extra blanket and a hot drink hot after bottle Sydney looked at Chloe before he left the room Luca slid his arm round Sydney’s waist . “ Let her sleep love “ Sydney nodded he shut the door Luca taking his hand going to their room .

 

Sydney looked round at his sisters room I hope she is going to be ok he thought it’s a lot to deal with finding out your boyfriend is a Vampire Luca looked round at Sydney deep in thought “ Sydney she will be ok come let’s go to bed “ “ I hope so “ 

Nico Giovanni’s son sat at the end off the table off his fathers office after hearing the news off his father and cousins death there was a chap on the door Alan his houseboy opened the door and announced Esther had arrived Esther came into the room Alan shut the door to let them talk privately 

Nico  got up, he went over to Esther and they embraced . “ How are you “ Nico asked Esther he went over to the drinks cabinet and poured them whiskeys “ I’m a little shaken it was very frightening 

Nico  your cousin “  Nico looked round at Esther he handed her the whiskey he leaned against the table “.  My cousin has been  behaving strangely for a while. Esther , my father , tried his best with him `` '' I know he told me constantly “ If Nico knew Penn was that bad he could have helped with his transition .

 

Nico thought he didn’t respond well to his change either he had thought Penn would sail through his change after Nico did one thing that bothered him maybe he should have talked to him about it more to help him understand more but that’s too late now .

 

“Were going to be Investigating the cctv will be recovered soon ,I do wish my father was still here “ “ I know me to I’ll do my best to help what you need to know “  Nico smiled and nodded his head “ Thank you Esther “ 

 

Esther would have to let Luca know about that and checking the CCTV of what happened Esther's phone beeped. She went into her bag bringing it out, opening the text she smiled at her friend Paula asking if she was ok and that she heard the news regarding Giovanni. Esther let her know she was ok. The study door opened and a couple of relatives of Giovanni came in to see Nico and his family lending their support of what happened.

                     Chapter 12

Giovanni Rafael's  funeral was a big one. All friend's family came to pay their respects to him a week later Chloe wanted to go also but Sydney and Luca convinced her not to and pay her respects her own way Chloe told her mum things didn’t work out with Penn but she was coping with it but little did they know Chloe was having panic attacks about what happened with Penn maybe it will pass she thought if it didn’t she would talk to her Mum about it  . And thought it was cool that her brother was now a vampire and wanted to know so many things which he told her about Giovanni had left some money to Esther in his will so the family wouldn’t contest it as respect to their father .

 

Esther stood in front off Giovanni ‘s picture at the house after the crematorium Luca came over to her he put his arm around her she looked up at him “ Ok  “ Esther nodded “ I did love him in my own way you know “ “ I know you did “ Nico came over to them he hugged Esther “ Beautiful service Nico “ “ it was my father loved the rat pack “ Esther smiled “ I guess I’m the head off the table now “ Nico sighed he seemed sad about that Sydney thought maybe it wasn’t what he wanted Sydney looked at Luca did that mean he was the head off the family “He  will be proud of you Nico “ Esther said as Alicia Nico’’wife came over to them some people were leaving Nico went with Alicia to see them off leaving them .

 

“ have you thought about what your going to do with the money “ Luca asked Esther as they stood outside in the balcony “ maybe a little holiday haven’t decided yet “ Sydney sniggered Esther was so witty at times he thought but Luca did say she was a great person  “ what about you guys when will you be leaving for your trip “ “ in a couple weeks '' Luca looks at Sydney as he puts his arm around his shoulders `` I can’t wait to spend time away with you my love “ . Esther smiled, she was happy to see Luca happy and Sydney loved him . She didn’t have to worry about him as much now the more she had got to know Sydney the more she liked him and his personality was so different from Tobins that she could see .

Two weeks later Sydney stood in his bedroom one last look Luca would be picking him up soon his bags were downstairs Ruth came into his room Sydney put his arm around his mum “ mum don’t it’s not as if I’m away for good “ “ I know love I’m just happy for you that you’ve found someone special “ 

 

Sydney couldn’t believe it either that Luca had come into his life and turned his world upside down and now they were going travelling “ so when are you going on this date then “ Ruth looked at Sydney she blushed how did he find out Sydney smiled “ Did Chloe tell you “ “ She did “ Ruth sat on the bed Sydney sat beside her “ I like him his name is Stef he works in the hospital to and he’s asked me a few times “ “ Mum  go out with him take the plunge you need to be happy to “ he’s right she thought maybe it is time I had someone in my life and she got on great with Stef and hopefully he would get on with Sydney and Chloe.

 

“ Lucas here “ Chloe shouts up as Luca comes into the house with Philip Sydney comes downstairs his bags are in the hallway while Philip takes them to the car Sydney hugs his mum Chloe and Ruth stands at the door as they drive off she looks round at Chloe she looks at her mum . “ isn’t he so lucky mum “ “ He  is and I’m glad he’s found Luca “ They go back inside to the kitchen Ruth puts the kettle on to make tea she will miss Sydney but it’s what they both want to do 

“ Mum has  got a date “ Luca looks at Sydney and smiles he takes Sydney’s hand “ Good  on her “ Luca kisses Sydney’s hand “ I love you “ Sydney says to Luca and they look at each other and kiss. “ love you to Esther has gone to Rome for a few days to visit friends “ “ that’s good “ 

At the airport all checks were done Luca checked his coat pocket the case still there he smiled Sydney looked at him “Ok  “ he asked Luca looked at him “ Perfect “The  call came up for there flight to Barcelona they both got up Sydney looked round at Luca and took his hand “ I can’t wait to spend the next 3 months with you “ Sydney said Luca put his arm round Sydney’s waist he kissed his head as they walked to the departures and to there 3 month adventure .

 

                 

 

                   

                      The End 

                      Copyright 

               Dale V Mcfarlane 

           His Cold Heart Series will return 

 

                Warn Heart Vol 2 

                Club Nero series 

                 

                Club Nero - Vol 1 

  

                Club Nero Series - Vol 2 

 

                New Beginnings - Vol 3 

 

               A New Start - Vol 

              

 

     

                  

                         

                  

  

            

                   

 

                   

 

         

                   

         

 

                    

                    

              

 

       

           

 

   

           

        

                               

0