Chapter 1
157 3 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I opened my eyes and all I see are the treetops.

"Where am I?" I wonder as I look around, only managing to see grass, bushes, and more trees.

I try to remember how I got here, but I can't recall it.

"What's the last thing I remember? I remember I was at home and... who am I?"

I stop looking around and pause to remember everything I can.

"My name is... I don't remember. I lived somewhere on Earth, studied a degree and a master's in biology, had my parents and a brother, or was it a sister? There were two siblings, or were there three? And... I don't even remember the faces and names of my family and friends."

I look up, just seeing treetops for several seconds before asking myself.

"Who am I?"

I say it without expecting an answer, but unexpectedly, I got one.

Bamm

"Eh?"

I look down and find... a book that appeared out of nowhere?

I check the title of the book, which says "Introduction to Otherworlds."

I glance at the book a bit more and then around to see if anything else happens. After seeing that nothing else is happening, I take the book.

The book isn't very thick, with a cover that looks like old leather, but with the title still shining with an unknown gray metal.

I open the first page.

"Welcome, traveler from another world, to the world of Eldoria! You probably have many questions about your situation as a summoned person, and while I can't answer all these doubts, I can at least answer some and provide information that will be helpful."

First: What is a summoned person or Otherworld? A summoned person is an individual transferred from one world (usually without magic) to this world. Summoned individuals can be divided into two groups:

  1. Summoned by other individuals with the help of the summoning circle left by the goddess of souls and reincarnation. Generally summoned in times of great need for a kingdom or the entire world, as they are usually beings far superior to the average, and summoned individuals find it easier to achieve what natives may find challenging (more on these benefits will be explained later). Another reason for summoning in times other than necessity is that the offspring of the summoned can inherit their abilities and have a much better chance of strengthening themselves than a native person (this is not as common as you might think initially due to the cost and complexity involved; only a few empires can afford it, and not very often).

  2. Summoned by a higher being, such as gods, the will of the world, etc. These cases are quite random, caused by the whims of higher beings. Hundreds of years can pass between summonings, or a large group can be summoned in a few days. Generally, they are summoned to random places in the world, in contrast to the first type of summoning, which tends to occur in a castle chamber.

Second: The System The system is similar to a rule by which all thinking beings are governed. It operates on levels, statistics, classes, skills, and titles. The system provides the ability to see the status of an entity by thinking or saying "STATUS."

Third: The Status A status is divided as follows:

{ Name: N/A: Simply the name of the user.

Species: N/A: Simply the species of the user.

Race: N/A: Not all species have multiple races, but for those that do, this represents their race (Example: Species: Beastman, Race: Wolf).

Combat class: N/A: Level: N/A

Production class: N/A: Level: N/A

Subclass: N/A Level: N/A

Combat class, Production class, and Subclass are tools of the system that allow the user to obtain certain abilities related to them. The differences between them are as follows: combat classes, as the name suggests, are used to provide combat skills; production classes create things but do not provide abilities primarily for combat (Note: there are classes that are both combat and production classes and occupy a space in both class types, usually called hybrid classes); and subclasses can be both combat and production classes, but with the disadvantage of having few skills, not providing statistics when leveling up, and a hybrid class cannot be chosen as a subclass.

It is also possible to have multiple combat classes, production classes, and subclasses, but it depends on the individual how many they will have. However, there are ways to increase this limit.

Statistics:

  • Vitality: Represents the user's life. When it reaches zero, the user will die (does not affect life expectancy).
  • Strength: Represents the user's physical strength.
  • Endurance: Certain actions like running or swimming and some skills consume endurance, which is reflected in this statistic and represents its recovery speed.
  • Defense: Represents how well the user can resist both physical and magical attacks.
  • Speed: Represents both body speed and reaction speed.
  • Intellect: Represents the strength of spells or magical abilities used.
  • Mana: The use of some skills or spells consumes this statistic, representing its recovery speed.

General Skills: N/A Unique Skills: N/A

Class Skills: N/A

  • Basic Skills: N/A
  • Special Skills: N/A
  • Shop Skills: N/A

General Skills are skills that can be learned independently of the classes owned. Although having certain classes makes it easier to obtain certain skills, and leveling up makes it harder to obtain others through training, this is a unique feature of general skills because neither basic nor special skills can be obtained through training. However, they can still be learned from skill books.

Basic Skills are skills that can only be obtained by leveling up classes, with the only limit that once the maximum level of a class is reached, no more skills can be obtained. They are usually the most basic and necessary skills for a class. For example, at level one of the fire mage class, the basic fire magic skill is learned. This applies to both combat and production classes, while subclasses will only get the class's flagship skill, not other basic skills. (When obtaining skills by level, there is no predetermined pattern, as some classes obtain multiple skills at low levels, others at high levels, and sometimes more balanced, although it can vary from user to user even if they have the same class).

Special Skills are skills that can only be obtained through skill books, with a certain number of skills that can be possessed, generally five skills (this number is the same for subclasses but with only one basic skill). There are ways to increase this number or even ignore it. They are usually considered the defining skills of a user's class compared to other members of their class, as they are less likely to be repeated compared to basic skills.

Unique Skills are skills that cannot be possessed or repeated among users, with the exception of the descendant of a user with these skills. These skills cannot be leveled up, but they become stronger as the user strengthens, and most of them are passive skills, except for some exceptions. While it is not impossible for a native person to be born with a unique skill they created themselves, it is extremely rare, unlike otherworlders, who always possess one when summoned.

And shop skills, these are unique to an Otherworlder and their descendants, although it's not uncommon for them to be lost over time. A shop user has the ability to earn shop points through certain actions such as leveling up or completing missions. However, like special skills, there is a set number of skills that can be possessed, usually only three. Still, it's possible to increase this number by buying shop skill slots in the shop. Additionally, there are general shop skills that, while less common, have no maximum limit you can have.

Titles: N/A: Titles are obtained through notable actions, inheritance, and through superiors. They provide various benefits to the user depending on the title and its complexity to obtain.

Blessings: N/A: When a higher being, for example, a god, rewards a user for any reason, this is represented as a blessing, whether it's beneficial or detrimental to the user.

Missions: N/A: This is a unique feature for Otherworlders and their descendants by the system. By accepting requests from individuals or the adventurer's guild, entering dungeons, among other things, a mission can be initiated. There are also hidden missions that you'll only know about after completing them. Similarly, there are hidden objectives in some missions that, when completed, will provide better rewards. Rewards are measured based on the mission's difficulty, but if a hidden objective is completed, the reward will increase. However, not all missions have hidden objectives, and if the mission fails for any reason, no reward will be given, even if a hidden objective is completed.

Fourth: Ranks in Eldoria

To conclude, let's explain the ranks in Eldoria, which, while not part of the system and were created by the mortals of the world, knowing about them will make your time here in Eldoria much easier. They range from the lowest to the highest: G, F, E, D, C, B, A, and S. Each rank is divided into three parts, for example, -G or G Low, G or G Medium, and +G or G High, and so on for all ranks. Ranks are used to measure the strength of something or someone, or to measure the quality of materials and products.

With this, we conclude the introduction for Otherworlders. I wish you the best of luck, and may the stars guide you, traveler from another world.

Note: I'll give you two pieces of advice. First, go to the adventurer's guild to register; it's the largest neutral faction in the world, and you don't have to worry about being taken advantage of as an Otherworlder. Second, in the skill store, buy the general skills from a point in the store commonly called basic Otherworlder skills.

Regards: The goddess of life, Vitalia.

"..."

"Well... this is a lot to take in... but I think it's better to start slowly."

After pondering for a moment, I said,

"STATUS"

{

Name: Lycara Sombraviva

Species: Human

Race: N/A

Combat Classes: Biomancer / N/A / N/A

Production Classes: Biomancer / N/A / N/A

Subclass: N/A / N/A / N/A Statistics:

• Vitality: 4

• Strength: 2

• Endurance: 2

• Defense: 2

• Speed: 3

• Intellect: 4

• Mana: 3

General Skills: N/A

Unique Skills: Perfect Assimilation

Class Skills: Biomancer

• Basic Skills: Biomancy /

• Special Skills: N/A

• Shop Skills: N/A

Titles: Otherworld / Blessed by the Goddess of Life

Blessings: Blessing of the Goddess of Life

Missions: Path to Civilization

}

7