Prelude Truck-kun
383 5 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fate Grimsever was just your average filthy rich young master who loved video games and manga.

As usual, he was at home doing what all wealthy young men do: playing video games on his amazing new WeeS5 and eating pizza.

Now, Fate had read many novels about the divine entity known as Truck-Kun.

So naturally, with how great Fate's life is, you could imagine how he would become paranoid about some god-like entity that likes to come along and mess things up.

Well, Fate had noticed over the last couple of years that something in his life was wrong.

That's right, the number of truck-related accidents around Fate had climbed to a shocking number. So, being the paranoid man that Fate is, he saw that Truck-Kun was after him.

Now, someone like Fate's therapist would just say, "Fate, you are being paranoid about this Truck-Kun situation."

Then Fate would look at his therapist and seriously say to the man, "Can you tell me why every single car in your parking lot is a truck then? Also, why are all of the trucks running and you can't even see who is driving?"

Fate's therapist would just get a constipated look on his face from this question, even he thinks this is weird.

Fate escaped his therapist's office that day, like he always does, by getting a helicopter ride back home.

Fate figured he was safe from Truck-Kun on the forty-ninth floor of his penthouse.

But just to be safe, Fate Grimsever read every single manga and light novel that money could buy. Not to mention the prep time spent learning self-defense and survival training.

But even after all of this, Fate still saw only trucks outside the window of his home for as far as the eye can see.

"Damn, is every person in New York only driving trucks these days? What happened to caring for the environment?"

What Fate did not know is that everyone who has a car could not get onto the streets because of the damn road hog known as Truck-Kun, resulting in record numbers of people using the subway.

With this thought in mind, Fate continued to do what he does best: being paranoid but prepared. The prepared part is just ignoring the situation.

Fate figured those trucks would never get him as long as he does not leave his home.

But as Fate Grimsever sat there on his vibrating recliner, "Ahhhh Yahhhh!" Fate's voice echoed from the vibration of his chair.

He turned on his video game called Final Countdown and then began to eat his pizza as usual.

However, no matter how paranoid someone is or can be, sometimes they just don't see the irony in playing a video game called Final Countdown.

While Fate was walking his game character around the city, he crossed a street only to see the mysterious Truck-Kun coming for his game character.

But when Fate moved his character out of the way of Truck-Kun, this was his last mistake because the next thing Fate knew, Truck-Kun came flying out of the screen of his video game, flying right into Fate Grimsever as he enjoyed his pizza and vibrating recliner.

Fate's last words that day were legendary, "Oh Shit!!"

RIP Fate Grimsever, the latest victim of the interdimensional entity known as Truck-Kun. 

Advanced chapters available on my Patreon. 

www.patreon.com/everstone

10