Self Analysis- Just Be Happy And Sad…
3 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There has always been this side of me that runs away from anything that makes me unhappy. I even spent my years using mental tricks like 'eating chocolate makes me happy' to get over sadness.

However, was what I did a good thing?

I avoided sadness, yet one day I had no choice but to come face to face with it without mental tricks.

When that happened, I wasn't ready at all... My lack of internalising all the hate and depression for so long made me forget how to do it. How is one supposed to be happy? How do you define it?

I tried defining my happiness, and found comedic videos as a result. However, how's a comedic video any different from anti-depressants? Where is that happiness that stays with me much longer?

The thing is that... No one can tell what truly makes them happy unless they lose it, causing them sadness... Then what are we supposed to do, check what makes us happy by making ourselves despair?

No, that is stupid decision. That is self-mutilation of the heart. You won't find happiness by seeking it.

You can find laughter, but you won't find happiness.

Absurd, isn't it?

You have only one choice. Accept your sadness along with your happiness. Or else you'll suffer?

Sadness, like happiness, is an intangible thing.

You may not know this, but despair also wants to be loved the same way you care for your happiness.

After all, without your sadness, how would you know that something was precious to you?

How would you know of loss? How would you know of guilt? How would you be motivated to change?

Without sadness, the world would be too blinding until it reaches the point of emptiness. You will grow tired of happiness if you can't contrast this emotion with sadness. Long live the era of negativity.

Are you feeling depressed? Are you unable to run away from your thoughts weighing down your heart?

Has the world become too depressing?

Then value your happiness, define what makes you happy, and achieve it. Be more than just 'sad'.

All our hearts are made from glass, when we get hurt, we lose a piece of ourselves and become unable to be fixed. How are we to return to that time? How are we to fix our broken hearts?

The answer to that is: Try the best you can.

You can't find all the pieces, if you do, you'll be hurt the same way again. You'll repeat the cycle.

Does the holes in your heart feel empty? Then please find pieces from someone else to fill them.

Who knows, maybe they have spares. Maybe they will have the advice that will fill in the gaps.

Can you not find anybody? You don't have friends?

It takes more that friendship to fill up those gaps and more than 'understanding' to fix a broken heart.

However, why are you in a rush to fix it?

Savour it a little, and maybe, you'll find the parts needed to fix it has been within you all along.

Define your happiness, savour your sadness, and live life like someone made of glass. Don't be resentful.

Don't blame the world, for it cannot give you comfort. All it can do is spin on its axis.

The world turns and twirls, ignorant of the people living on it. It does not know smiles or frowns.

Only we, the few, the many, know of them. We are the only ones who find them precious...

So how can give them meaning? Is the world destined to be unknowing of our emotions?

We want to be heard, seen, recognised. Our hearts want to know the sadness and happiness of others.

No, all we want is to selfishly let them know.

We want them to know that... we are all fine.

Our hearts are not in pain anymore. The tears are streaming, but our sadness makes us weak no more.

We now gain power from memories, whether they be good or bad. Let the world know, we now exist!

Band together and sing your hearts out. Achieve your dreams, and watch on as another achieves their own. Always be there for them, and maybe one day there will be a time. Someone will be there for you.

Just be happy and sad...

0